Gwr Rolling Stock Pack

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by JudgeTrains, Jun 28, 2020.

1. JudgeTrains

JudgeTrains New Member

I am suggesting that DTG create A GWR Pack with HST's (A reskin of the current one would do), IET's a new set of 165/66's 158's and Pacers. I feel that this would be good because it would A, mean that scenario could use these to cull down their requirement lists.
    If I have missed any other common trains GWR Uses/used, tell me.

:)

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Classes 150 & 153?

3. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea for a pack to be develop DTG would make money out of this

4. dcr raptor

dcr raptor Member

Already available through AP and JT respectively. A lot of people say that no one would use the DTG version of any train made by AP, and if included with a route it would be replaced immediately. While I would like to have a lite version of the class 150, I doubt that DTG would bother making anything that AP has already touched.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I know this, I have both. The AP pack is only a 150/2 so maybe other versions could be made as part of a diesel pack for the route, and the 153 is possibly due an overhaul

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I'll correct you on that. There are enough people who are upset that they would have to spend a ton on a separate train like AP has it set up. Those people also are not the type who tend to look for third-party content. So there are enough people who would still use a DTG model.

But you are right. AP going all over the locomotive landscape makes it harder for DTG to pick anything to develop in the UK because, for example, AP I believe bought the rights to the old Class 150 pack from Oovee and is not letting it see the light of day because they literally don't want you to use that. They want you to use their super expensive pack instead. And honestly, I have found a lot of old content that needs the old pack to even load in TS. And frankly, where it's AI, I don't need AP's pack. So I still want that old pack even if AP has something that is universally regarded as better. Time to put what skins they can for that pack on Steam and bundle the old 150 with it; that way they don't have to promote it by itself and the promotion stays on their content. It also gets some introductory scenarios for the 150 in there, unlike those on their site that have to be "realistic" and require 15 other packs, a no-no on Steam.

Oh, and regarding the 150, DTG will probably not make another 150 for the very reasons outlined above. I've even heard of Suburban Glasgow being called a "scam" because a bigger freeware route once existed linked from here, and the train included is a 320 - something AP had out years ago.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021