Bakerloo Lines Sound/errors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dillon.allen99, Mar 4, 2021.

1. dillon.allen99

dillon.allen99 New Member

Bakerloo line improvements

Okay first off i made a post about this previously but i feel that it is the #1 thing that should be changed is the bakerloo line sounds. It sounds really bad nothing like real life. And it's vert silent! Espically over points! Anyway i'm sure they are aware the sounds are terrible. anyway let's get on with it

Timetable

When a train says it terminates at elephant and castle but actually should terimate at waterloo because these trains head over to london Rd instead
    Services 240_16 17:35
    241-22 21:36
    231-24 22:22
    233D-23 22:31

I may have missed out a couple however these are just a few examples

When a timetable says stonebridge park depot to stonebridge park . However when actually reaching stonebridge park it turns out to be a full service rather then just reaching there and ending service. I believe east coastway you are able to just drive fron the depot to the station then it ends.

Errors!
    Kilburn station tube maps on the walls are incorrect switched northbound showing southbound vise versa

Queens park train stopping with a gigantic gap from the platform at the front going southbound

Piccadilly circus yep looks great apart from the tunnel at the end! In real life the walls are painted white and you can see the otherside fairly well however this comes as no suprise the walls are pitch black and are so far off.

Harlsden cctv is incorectly positioned look Just goes through the train. But this will be fixed as it was on the roadmap previously. Also the dot matrix is displaying incoreect

These are the things i have found and some of these are just my opinion so hopefully dovetail can take this and work on it. I play on the xbox platform

Hopefully you guys can find more faults and errors

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

I found a glitch where when entering Baker Street northbound at a speed of over 20 mph, half of the Sherlock Holmes disappears, but only for something around half a second.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The northbound platform of Piccadilly Circus is supposed to have a slight curve but for some odd reason, DTG didn't model it. The sounds are not great and do need to be improved. The train is just too quiet

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nidhish Inumala

My ears hurt because of the quietness of the actual train compared to the deadman's handle when it gets triggered (The beeping noise when you stop)

• Like Like x 4
  5. tallboy7648

That beeping at least adds noise to a mostly quiet train

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I must admit, I haven’t played Bakerloo Line much since my initial goes as the time to get the train ready and various annoyances with sounds etc have put me off.

• Like Like x 4
  7. tallboy7648

I can't blame you for that

• Like Like x 3
  8. dillon.allen99

I think it has put everyone off who was truly intrested in the bakerloo line. Such a shame. I know they have said they didn't get all of the sounds they wanted however the sounds they got still suck. I personally think they shouldn't even add an extension to the timetable. Before fixing and adding a few stuff first.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nidhish Inumala

To be fair, we shouldn't be so hard on them. If you consider it, they have to go to London with all of the equipment to record the sounds. Of course, one can argue that Giants and SCS software were able to get great sounds for FS19 and ETS2/ATS respectively, but those are usually private road vehicles. For this, you have to go to London or a manufacturing plant to record them. And you have to remember, the London Underground is public other than in emergencies (EX the terrorist attacks that have happened in the past). This means that they have to get their gear over to London, and probably reserve a time where they can be alone in the train. Dovetail and the TSW2 team probably did not want to delay the game due to it, and decided to release the game with (This is probably a word too strong to be used right now) an inferior quality route, knowing that they would correct it in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

But the Bakerloo Line took 9 months to make so surely they could've had plenty of time to get sounds in order but I do get what you are saying though

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nidhish Inumala

Oh, ok

• Like Like x 2
  12. dillon.allen99

Yeah I understand that. I'm sure it does take some time and effort but simple stuff you know they cannot even get right. That's really the problem. At this moment in regards to the poll I have put up. Nothing has been done to the bakerloo line since it's realese. They couldn't even add the shard in the background at london Road depot. let's just hope the bakerloo line gets work done.

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If the devs read this far... on PS4, the wall textures at Elephant and Castle pop in quite late when approaching or leaving the station. It’s very noticeable. I also think the deathly silence in the train when riding as a passenger is in need of attention. I know I should do a proper bug report but I added it here for convenience.

• Like Like x 1
  14. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

The Bakerloo Line is a mess, one of the worst routes made in TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  15. tallboy7648

Ouch and that was the first london underground route too

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nidhish Inumala

I disagree. While I agree with the part that the Bakerloo Line is a mess, you have to look at it this way. This was their first route that had the majority of it underground. One may argue that LIRR was underground, but I can tell you that I hate the tunnels. Also (As I said in my previous post) LIRR was made when there were not COVID restrictions. I do agree that is is a bad route, but you have to remember that routes are pretty hard to make. And remember, DTG is not a company like EA or Mojang that has tons of money to spend on people to develop. Even if you consider a company like SCS or Giants, they are not of the best quality. I can't say for the SCS games properly, but I play Farming Simulator 19 and I can say that my life in it pretty much depends on the Mods. It is a great game, which is the same for TSW2, but at times the people just can't do something. Also, DTG has to make sure that older-gen console users (Like me) can still play the game. If they add too much detail to a route, they could lose customers. They have to make a balance- make sure that it is detailed so that people buy it, but not so detailed that they lose a fanbase. All in all, I agree- the Bakerloo Line is a bit of a failure. But you have to remember- when you are a business, you want to keep a big fanbase, at the cost of detail.

• Like Like x 1