Železniční Trať Praha - Beroun (- Plzeň)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jo_Kim, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

2021-03-08 23.04.49 openrailwaymap.org e759c2342be2.jpg
    (no English Wikipedia Article available)
    It's time to get more international. A great country for railways is the Czech Republic but sadly this is barely known on an international level. The line connects the two major cities of Praha (Prague) and Plzeň. Due to a length of >100km I'll suggest cutting this route at Beroun.

Quick Facts:

Length: 43,7km
    Max. Speed: 100km/h
    Signaling system: OSShD based Czech signals
    Safety system: LS / Mirel

Route:

The route starts at Praha hl.n. (Prague main station) connects with Praha-Smíchov, continues to Zadní Třebaň and turns northwest towards Beroun. At Beroun, there is a voltage switch between the north 3kV DC system and the south 25kV AC system. The route is mostly used by Esko Praha (a commuter service similar to S-Bahn in Germany) and express trains to Plzeň. The route is the most important connection between the Czech Republic and former West Germany.
    The signaling system is based on the OSShD system which is used in many countries of the former Warsaw Pact including former East Germany, Russia, and China. This seems very complicated at first but is easy to read because it combines multiple aspects in one signal and can show a large amount of information within very few lights.

Stations:
    Distance | Station
    -4,3km Praha hl. n.
    00,5km Praha-Smíchov
    06,8km Praha-Velká Chuchle
    09,7km Praha-Radotín
    14,1km Černošice
    15,7km Černošice-Mokropsy
    18,2km Všenory
    19,6km Dobřichovice
    23,5km Řevnice
    26,2km Zadní Třebaň
    29,7km Karlštejn
    33,5km Srbsko
    38,9km Beroun

Rolling Stock:
    České dráhy:
    Řady 130
    [​IMG]
    Řady 371
    [​IMG]

Řady 362 / 363
    [​IMG]

Řady 388 (Bombardier Traxx F160 MS3)
    [​IMG]

Řady 640 (Škoda 7Ev)
    [​IMG]

Řady 680
    [​IMG]

Die Länderbahn (alex):
    BR 223 (Siemens ER20)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The amount of Czech route suggestions recently makes me happy :D Anyway, this one probably needs to be all the way to Plzeň to get from the express trains, some stop only in Prague and then all the way in Plzeň, besides it would add to the variety as after Beroun the route has been heavily modernised with speeds up to 160 km/h (to Beroun you don't even get over 100) AND it features the longest rail tunnel in the country right before Plzeň (I know 4kms is not super epic, but we're doing our best :D).
    upload_2021-3-4_22-33-9.png
    upload_2021-3-4_22-33-38.png
    Here's our rail authority testing 200 km/h in that tunnel last year.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I also forgot the fact, that going beyond Beroun means system change from 3 kV DC to 25 kV AC. 363s/362s should probably be the main focus of such DLC as you can use them for both freight (363s) and passenger trains (362s).

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You might also need to consider locomotives capable of 15kv 16.7hz Sifa PZB LZB Czechoslovakian 25kv 50hz 3kv DC Ls Mirel. That's where CD Class 380 can fit in as a DLC. Provided there might be a corridor that Dovetail games wants Munich-Plzen-Prag (Prague).

5. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Well research on the rolling stock is quite hard on this route. But trains to Germany either change the locomotive at the border or run with diesel locos. The 380 doesn't run on this line, as far as I know. Freight trains usually switch their locomotives at the border anyway and the only regular passenger train that crosses the border is the alex. They either continue with the BR 223 (Siemens ER20) or swap with a Řady 362 / 363.

6. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Czech routes? I'm in
    Praha has a quite interesting rail network and I'd love to see some of it.

7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Great proposal. The route between Prague and Beroun is beautiful. I would also like the Prague Liben railway station to be added. I transfer there every day.

8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

There is a section without overhead lines on the route further to the border, so all trains to Munich switch for ER20s in Plzeň. Not sure what freight would switch for here because it usually continues further north to Cheb with 363s, where Ludmillas take over and pull the train to Germany.