Appenweier-strasbourg France Germany Cross Border Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by driverwoods#1787, Mar 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    82.2%
  2. Maybe if it was on sale

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Map
    [​IMG]
    Description
    I present to you another Transborder Route That Carries SNCF TGV & DB ICE DB BR407 Trains across the Rhine The Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway. This route involves French KVB 25kv 50hz to the German 15kv 16.7hz SIFA PZB at the Rhine River bridge. Length is 22 km. The German End line connects to Karshule Basel High-Speed Line. While the French side connects to the LGV Est via Paris Strasbourg conventional Line.
    [​IMG]
    Rolling Stock
    [​IMG]
    Stadler Regio Shuttle DB BR 650 used for Offenburg-Appenwier-Strasbourg Services alongside the SNCF Equivalent the X73900 with two colour variants SNCF Standard and Deutsche Bahn Traffic Red
    [​IMG]
    SNCF Blue Variant Paint Bottom is DB Traffic Red still owned by SNCF
    [​IMG]
    DB BR 407
    Used for Paris Gare L'Est-Strasbourg-Appenweier-Manneheim-Frankfurt Services Line 82 faster route or Paris-Strasbourg-Appenweier-Karshule-Sttutgart-Augsberg-Munich in Pool with TGV Euroduplex Line 83. ICE Line 82 also has northern but slower route Paris Gare L'Est-Bardecourt-Forbach-Saarbrucken-Manneheim-Frankfurt
    [​IMG]
    TGV 2N2 Germany Capable version of the 200 TGV Duplex found on LGV Mediterranee since it's equipped with German PZB LZB & SIFA Train Safety Systems in addition to TVM-430 KVB French Train Systems.
    [​IMG]
    Services
    Both X73900 & Stadler Regio Shuttle Do the 34 minutes Strasbourg-Appenweier-Offenburg TER A11 service. High Speed Train Services are carried out by TGV 2N2 Euroduplex & ICE 3 DB 407 from Frankfurt ICE Line 82 Southern Route & Munich ICE Line 83 via Karshule-Appenweier-Strasbourg then LGV Est to Paris from Strasbourg. Regarding the TGV 2N2 Euroduplex it also operates ICE Line 84 the Frankfurt-Manneheim-Karshule-Appenweier-Strasbourg-Mullehouse-Lyon-Avignon-Marsellie route https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intercity-Express_lines_in_Germany#84. For that to work you need to own LGV Méditerranée DLC in order to operate ICE Line 84 Southern Segement. After 13 December 2021 the route will get ÖBB Nightjet service being train 468 Wien Hbf to Paris Est. That will require the ownership or either Riesa-Dresden/ Rhein-Ruhr Osten for BR185.5 then ÖBB routes with Nightjet carriages.
    DLC
    SNCF BB37000
    This is a 25kv 50hz 15kv 16.7hz & 1.5kv DC Freight Locomotive and comes equipped with PZB/LZB SIFA Germany & KVB. The second picture shows what the cab looks like including the Sifa Pedal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Retro Train can run on this Route and German routes including the French Duty Train Braunschweig Helmstedt Electrfied in 1976 which is the West German section of Magdeburg Marienborn Braunschweig Railway
    SNCF BB 20200
    [​IMG]
    The locomotive was built in 1970 by SNCF to do Cross border traffic from France to Switzerland and West Germany. Retired in 2006 due to it being replaced by BB37000. Comes with Corail Carriages for Military train duty
    [​IMG]
    Freight

Comes with KFA type wagon with AMX-30 tank load 1970-October 3 1990 German reunification and wagons seen on the video. The tutorial level is Strasbourg Neudorf Kehl

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 27
  2. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

We need this for TSW2 !!

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you and and this will form a corridor between LGV Mediterranean Line Avignon Marseille with Frankfurt since you can use the TGV Euroduplex the Sifa PZB LZB capable version of TGV Duplex 200 series. That means you can sub the TGV Euroduplex for 200 Duplex if you own that route. Also the Euroduplex can run on Munich Augsburg route since from Paris Est Strasbourg Kehl

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. minghao#7840

minghao#7840 New Member

I think it would be better if we extend to Offenburg since the complete regional service is running from Strasbourg gare central to Offenburg which is a 30min run.

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

Correct and I did look at the SNCF Ter Grand Est Website it's 34 minutes from End to End. In their website Offenberg is spelled as Offenbourg. Also the MSB BR185 is 25kv 50hz Capable too

6. acella

acella New Member

At large, it feels a bit short as presented, but I definitely like this route. Multi-country routes are definitely rare in TSW, and this would be a very good place to start.

I would advocate including the section between Karlshrue and Offenburg in this route as well. Doing so would enable complete runs for the ICE/TGV services on this route and add in a whole slew of diversity and traffic from that route.

• Like Like x 4
  7. driverwoods#1787

Sounds good to me and if they did that it will form Frankfurt Manneheim Karlsruhe Appenweier-Strasbourg Corridor. Then my suggestion Northern segment will be isaac47593's Riedbahn https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...07-new-ice-3-and-db-br-446.32765/#post-255080. The German side also gets CFF Rabe 503s FS ETR610 Frankfurt Karlsruhe Basel-Bern-Lötschberg Base Tunnel-Brig-Domdossola-Milan service.

8. acella

acella New Member

I'm glad we're in agreement.
    I was thinking the line to Freiburg on the other end, but considering it (Frankfurt-Karlshrue) is a high speed line and the ICE/TGV services run there, you may have the better choice here.
    The ICE-1 does most of the high speed services along this route, though I agree those can definitely come too as layers, especially if routes where they run come around.

9. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

This is a very good suggestion, especially when its extended to Offenburg. But thats Not the right Livery for the route Ortenau-S-Bahn_OSB_509.jpeg
    This is an Ortenau S Bahn Regioshuttle, wich runs in this route either in this livery or the yellow BWegt Livery.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me and speaking of the yellow BWegt Livery does it look identical to the original Post. There's another DLC locomotive that can also operate Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway the DB BR181. This video in German language by Train TV shows what the cab looks like

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

Yes and there's audio warning that players have when they play German routes that is Zwangsbremsung for PZB & Sifa. SNCF TGV 2N2 Euroduplex X73900 & BB37000 have those installed