Metro North Railroad: Hudson Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Mar 6, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the Hudson Line of the Metro-North Railroad for TSW 2.

Most of the information can be found in this video:

This route would see Hudson Line trains running from Grand Central Station to Poughkeepsie, with Amtrak Trains running from Poughkeepsie to Penn Station via the Empire Connection.

Metro-North runs two multiple different types of services. The two main services are the Electric services that run from Grand Central to Croton Harmon, and the Diesel Services that run from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie.

Rolling Stock

Metro-North
    [​IMG]

M3A

[​IMG]
    M7A

[​IMG]
    Genesis P32

The M3/M7A's are very similar to the M3/M7 from the LIRR DLC's with a few internal and external differences. I would suggest that the sounds for these units are updated if this route was to be added to the game, as the current M3/M7 sounds are questionable.

Amtrak

[​IMG]

P32

[​IMG]
    P42

I think this could be a great addition to the game, and would provide players with a lot of playable and interesting services. This route has a lot of unique areas, like the Elevated portion while it is traveling through the Upper East Side and Harlem.

[​IMG]

What do you think about this suggestion?

• Like Like x 18
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and there is one Amtrak Train that can run this DLC route along with CN Hamilton Oakville Toronto Union Station line that is the maple leaf. Train 63/64 Amtrak VIA Rail Canada 97/98. This section of the Hudson line is already the sister game train Sim 21 as Penn Station to Croton-Harmon Metro-North station. What it needs is redo the whole route in TSW 2 Unreal Engine then copy the M7A P32AC-DM Manuals for that route by adding in console controls. R1 R2 PS4 PS5 Xbox series X and Xbox One RT LT M7A accelerate deaccelerate. P32AC-DM that's going to be Brakes PS4 PS5 L1 L2 Xbox One Series X/S LT LB Throttle controls. Acknowledge Alerter Xbox One Series X B button Circle Button PS4 PS5.

3. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I would like that route in TSW2, but it probably go as far as Yonkers...I don't see DTG going that far in route length-___-

4. ZeenozPlays

At least to Croton-Harmon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I can deal with Croton Harmon I know length route isn't much..but if at least Croton Harmon to GCT would be good

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, at least then we'll be able to go back and forth with all of the M3/M7 Services.

7. driverwoods#1787

That will be good. They simply just needed a reskin of Long Island Railroad M7 & M3 however signaling system and third rail shoes get changed. Reason for this is that Metro-North has 750v DC Third rail Bottom Contact unlike LIRR 750v DC Third rail Top Contact since the 1970s when the M1 took over those services. Furthermore a downloadable content for Metro-North Hudson line should be M1A the M3A predecessor. Reason for this if you have to browse New York Times electronic archive the M3A was ordered for North White Plains Brewster electrification project 1981-December 1983. That's going to be the sister suggestion of this one Metro-North Harlem Line Grand Central to Brewster North now Southeast.
    The LIRR DLC M3 was ordered for Hicksville to Ronkonkoma electrification project inaugural service began on December 28th 1987. Taken from Dave Keller's website http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/Ronkonkoma/ronkelectrification.htm

8. ZeenozPlays

There are some differences between the M3/M7 and M3A/M7A though, so IDK if they can just reskin it. For instance, the whole cab setup with the ATC is different, along with the seating arrangement and the placements of some of the vents.

9. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about it. However fans of TSW 2020 like Myself do not need the tutorial for M7A Metro-North because it's controls are going to be identical to LIRR. Other Players will use Blue M3 & M7 for Metro-North while Yellow M3 & M7 belongs to LIRR Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma branches Hicksville New York Penn Station including the entire Hempstead Branch Atlantic Terminal to Hempstead. For Dovetail games they might take the cheaper option that is reskinning M3 & M7 LIRR into Metro-North Blue that would come at the cost of having M3s having LIRR seats. Even though the actual Metro-North M3A 1983-1984 has M7A style Seats.

10. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see metro north Hudson line grand central to Poughkeepsie or croton Harmon sometime in the future hopefully it’ll be on the road map someday soon.

• Like Like x 2
  11. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

I suggest an opinionly better version of this route, so it's not just a copy and paste the train kind of route.

12. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see this route added into TSW 2 in the near future and I would like to see the full 74 mile line from Poughkeepsie to Grand Central.

13. driverwoods#1787

I agree and it should make P32 AC DM Standard M9 to Croton Harmon. M7A M3A layers from Harlem Line 8-12 car versions

• Like Like x 1
  14. E.j.

E.j. Member

This route to Croton Harmon is only 33 miles. It should be doable in TSW2 and that's as far a the electrification goes as well.

15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

NY Penn & NY Grand Central to Croton *is* the route DTG should have choosen rather than the Harlem line, just for sheer variety of services.