PC Blockade At Hunts Point Yard And Speed Signs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Daniel Bloch, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Hi,

i love all the yards and the possibility of going with the freight trains everywhere you want, but why is there a gate at hunts point yard across the tracks that is closed? The tracks on the east are not accessible, why? On google maps i dont see a fence and a gate like in TSW NEC.
    [​IMG]

The other thing is that makes me wonder, are there in reality no speed signs and mileposts on the freight route? How do a real driver know wich speed to drive without them? (I want to drive without HUD).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

According to several other posts in these forums, Daniel, the answer to your question about rapidly changing speed limits is yes, there are no speed limit signs. Driving without the HUD should be more possible if you activate the ATC and ACSES safety systems by pressing CTRL-ENTER at the start of a run, but be aware that these systems will not show up on their in-cab panel while coach doors are open. They are described in the manual on pages 14-15, but there's no image of them (or of anything else in the cab, unfortunately), so you just have to try them. I started doing just that yesterday, using a mid-day service as a learning device, without caring whether I ever completed it. The speed limit varies not just in relation to predetermined rates of travel or track blocks, but also for curves, switches, and so on. I'm not completely comfortable with them yet, but have already found that hey make passenger runs much more interesting and interactive.

As to those gates, perhaps you can earn a key by standing on your head in the cab or picking up a dry wad of chewing gum somewhere?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

LastTrainToClarksville : And if you read my post properly i asked about the speed limits on the freight route, there is no ATC or ACSES in the GP38.

And for the gate i figured out you just can drive through it, at the first try i had some plate c wagons that derailed at the gate but with the centerbeam wagons on the second try i did get through.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Oops! Sorry, Daniel. I'm glad you figured out that gate, though.