Ts2022 Routes Released Question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raptorengineer, Mar 4, 2021.

1. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so what going to happen this year with TS2022. this may sound early but every ts20xx release is one
    uk, german,us route now since things seem to be quiet from DTG latey is there US route in the works? or will it be uk and germen routes for ts2022.

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Based on DTGs normal cycle of routes, I think TS2022 will come with that German Route that just got released, while the UK and US routes still have yet to be released. I expect the UK route this or next month, while the US route will get released sometime during the summer, if not then they can fall back on the NEC DC to Baltimore route.

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

IIRC there's been at least one edition which included a new route that remained exclusive to the game while it was current- Riviera in the '50s was only available as part of TS2016 initially.

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I believe North Wales Coastal was initially only part of TS2018.

5. raptorengineer

i think the US route in summer time release might be too early for US route for ts2022. so it could be that NEC DC to Baltimore route or Hudson Line: New York – Croton-Harmon Route Add-On.

unless DTG surprise us with new US route that be released for ts2022 and not re-released route.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

For the last couple of years DTG have thrown in a kettle with the UK route featured in TS20XX, that would be a clue.
    (Southampton to Bournemouth included an A2, Fife Circle includes an A4, and we haven't seen a UK route since featuring steam).
    As for the usual base game upgrade, I suspect the fast load update might become standard, after optional testing for several months.

7. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

They could package the new Cross City line as the UK route.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Steam Achievements are now live so I think that route will be out before TS2022 which would not be until Autumn

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

What about Hanover sub?

10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Hanover Subdivision is a 3rd party route made by High Iron Simulations with help from the other 3rd party developers.

11. raptorengineer

if you mean csx Hanover sub that third party route. but maybe that Granger Heartland: Kansas City – Topeka Route Add-On might be another route that be re-released on ts2022

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Oh, right. Maybe we can have it in the US edition (as it happened with the third party swiss routes).

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

The idea is look for routes produced directly by DTG. Shall we review DTG's own route and loco releases for the year?

1. South Wales Coastal: Bristol - Swansea Route - Came out November 27, 2020. This is the UK route release so far this year and unbrands the 2017 release. One can hope there are plans to do something with the Arriva Wales pack and get the 158/143 pair included, though I would not expect that will be on their radar since it was an add-on pack and would have been better included with the route in the first place given the unbranding (but then that's free unpurchased content, naturally).

2. Trainload BR Class 60 Loco - Released February 18, 2021. The scenarios use South Wales Main Line. So I would fully expect this to be bundled with the route in the package if included in 2022.

3. Northeast Corridor: Washington DC - Baltimore Route - Released December 22, 2020. The only US route released since TS 2021 officially released. NEC New Yoek-New Haven appeared in an earlier version, so I fully expect this one to as well.

4. Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden Route - Released February 11, 2021, and again the only route from the region (in this case, Germany) since September.

They could go to Frankfurt - Koblenz Route (August 2020, Germany) for the German option, but I don't think the other two recent 2020 trains just before that will lead to London-Peterborough getting a second feature in a package just to include the new content in the loco. So we really have five possible routes, and three would be chosen. They would also release something lse in the summer; Clinchfield released on May 7, 2020, while the others were out by the end of February (except the Deluxe exclusive WCML South, which arrived the same day). They might also be holding out on us with a North Wales Coastal entry to surprise us with in 2022. We'll have to see.

So that's our rather limited list unless they dip into third-party routes, possibly putting Yellowstone into the package (I would not complain as I have not bought it yet, and that fills the North America entry too being in Canada).