Arosa Linie Release Date And Pc Pre-order

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Oli R C, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

Hey folks, the Arosa Linie route is being released 25th March, and you can pre-order for PC at the below link, for 10% discount...

https://www.rivet-games.com/product/tsw2-arosa-linie/
    or
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1418843/Train_Sim_World_2_Arosalinie_Chur__Arosa_Route_AddOn

Personally really looking forward to this one. I read a good comment on YouTube somewhere that as this is a low speed route, it could be a good route for going hudless, if like me, you usually struggle without the HUD.

It also brings a few new features like the guard signal function in stations. All documented on the Rivet Games YT channel. :D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I´m waiting for this one too. The route looks really nice.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I really want to pre-order this one, it looks great and with very little flaws, many fixed according to Rivet... but I remember many unhappy IoW owners... oh the dilemma.

• Like Like x 3
  4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

A little disappointed the 10% discount will only apply to PC and PS4. However, pre-order will be PC and Xbox.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s good to hear. Not long to wait. As I’m using up April’s TSW budget and the last few quid of March’s budget to get this, 25th March is a good date for me to dive right in. I watched their latest video about how tunnels are made in TSW, it’s nice to have these insights into the route building and the inner texture of the tunnel shown looked great.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Yay, the payday here in Sweden, lovely :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Done and now we wait for it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Looks like it might be a fun little route. Definitely something different to play around with from what we have seen so far, and while we eagerly wait for Clinchfield to arrive (finally we get to drive one of the most iconic locos in the history of locos. I almost got to drive one for real, but only almost). Anyway, I just hope they manage to release this here new route with fewer issues than with IOW.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Ideal, it's payday and just before my holiday. Really looking forward to this one. :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Most issues for IOW have been fixed. I have some confidence in Rivet with respect to listening to customers.

• Like Like x 4
  12. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

So you can use your own livery from Livery editor in timetable mode without mod ? Its broken for 3 months... if that is how they listen customers than no thanks :) With fixing their own bugs they are worst than DTG as they have only one route to fix and its still not working (and they break it in the first place with their last fix).

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Has the issue with the track being totally smooth on it been fixed?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

This one feels like those slow, short scenic routes in the vein of WSR and IoW. I'll probably wait for a stream to see if it interests me enough to jump on it.

Is there any info on how the guard signal feature will work in the game ? That's the only unique feature which stands out at the moment for me

• Like Like x 1
  15. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, it looks really good but I don’t want to get bored trundling up and down. Hopefully they make good use of the yards and have plenty of shunting with the mixed trains. The run-round at each end should help too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

Yeah, the slow pace I'm sure is a bit of a concern. I don't have either WSR or IoW, but I think WSR probably feels slow because it's a 'regular' railway line which could handle faster speeds, but is restricted due to being heritage. Same with IoW to some extent.

With Arosa, the line is very twisty with some pretty tight bends, and so it warrants the slow speed, although I understand the line restriction (I read somewhere it's 25kph??) is due to the steep terrain, so as to reduce the chance of catastrophe in the event of a derailment (and indeed the chance of a derailment in the first place).

I generally like mid-high speed (RSN is my favourite route), but something really appeals with Arosa (I think the rolling stock looks fab). But, it's all down to taste at the end of the day, and we're all different.

I also love TramSim, and I guess there are some similarities to be drawn there, with Arosa. Just in a small way, but I think that also helps me with Arosa.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Actually on IoW there are some long stretches where you can go really fast. You need to put the reverser into forward 2 (which is forbidden to use from what I heard because it can damage the engine, but who is gonna stop me:cool:) and that old tube stock really punches ahead.
    I get what you are saying though, WSR is my least played route because it draaaaags so much. Which is a shame, because the locos, scenery, stations are all beautiful.
    Hopefully arosa will feel different enough.

• Like Like x 2
  18. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

DTG took 2 years to fix the bug on the New York Penn tunnel in LIRR, so...

19. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Arosa line is slow, but the steep grades make going down challenging to keep control. In a sense it is much like WSR but steeper and a much more fascinating environment. There will be some freight activity that may add to gameplay. Let's see what happens, but my guess is that if you really do not like the slow pace of WSR, it is likely Arosa will bore you. Well, unless you love mountain routes.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I think i'll enjoy the Arosaline even though i hate slow routes. But 35 km/h on a curvy narrow gauge track look much faster than 35 km/h on a straight Standart gauge line. Watch a Cab Ride Video. Would you think the train can or should go faster than this? I dont even consider buying WSR, but Arosa is a must have.
    Its Like in the bakerloo line. If you are doing 40 mph in the tunnels, that looks pretty fast, but 40 mph on GWE with a HST? You see?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

For me Arosa isn’t about the length of the line. It’ll take a long time to drive it. As said above, the challenge will be coming back down it.

I’m just hoping for a good level of detail. I expect the distant mountains to be a bit basic (but hope to be proved wrong) but I want to be able to recognise the stations, villages and tunnel / bridge architecture. The publicity pictures are promising.

This is my most local line so unlike SEH where I had no clue whether a fence existed or not, I will see the differences in this one..... Though I have to say it’s not really going to bother me if the ballast is slightly wrong or the road is too smooth.

• Like Like x 3
  22. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Nothing makes you drive at the speed limit unless you want the points :). It would be something a modder could fix - bring it back up to mainline speeds :)

Paul

23. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

Anyone know if you can download it early like you could for SEHS? If so, I'll definitely preorder it now, if not I'll just wait till release :L

24. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I would love to know how those people did that!!

25. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Steam console

• Like Like x 1
  26. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered Arosa Line yesterday. I was hyped about the route since its first appearance on the roadmap. It's one of my favourite routes in Train Simulator, and I'm very happy TSW adds some Swiss mountainous narrow gauge route to its collection.

And Rivet has released several quality add-ons for Train Simulator, so I'm confident their TSW add-ons will be pretty good too.

27. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

My body is ready =D
    2021-03-13_13-58-07.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  28. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I have been encouraged by all the positive media seen, so I am pre-ordering, even though I am disappointed that Rivet have produced a favourite from TS2001, which will take some beating, but with extras like the passenger view and collectables plus as they say the detail is better I will definitely buy.

Just hope I won’t be disappointed, but wish Rivet had put their effort into Chur to Zamett, the Glazier Express Line, rather than produce a route from TS2001. It is the second TSW2 route from Rivet that was in Train Simulator so what next, will they update from TS2001?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  29. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Given the tendency we are seeing to create DLC that can use existing rolling stock and asset models, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another Swiss route next year.

On an unrelated note I’ve been looking at the different liveries the train included wears and there is a nice variety which should really keep it looking fresh if you have the patience to create them.

• Like Like x 1
  30. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean it will never come. Glacier Express would be awesome. If you want to see it, go to the Rivet Games Forum and suggest it there.

Well, since I don't own TS (and i guess the vast majority of console players who are btw. gernerally in majority compared to PC users) I really don't care about reproducing as TS route.

• Like Like x 3
  31. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

by the way, if you have the 3€ voucher from rivets end of the year survey, you can use that in combination with their pre-order on their homepage for a whopping 6€ combined discount, and steam gets less cuts for the purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Rivet will definitely recreate all narrow Gauge routes from RhB and Matterhorn-Gotthard Bahn. Most of them will overlap with existing routes, but the whole area is so gorgeous. I cannot get enough of that.

• Like Like x 2