Train Sim World 2 - Mountain Warriors

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Is... is that a legendary M5 horn I see on the F-units?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Wow! These screenshots looks amazing! I will definitely be picking this up. Just a few oddities that I noticed. Some of the branches of some of the trees and bushes seem to be purple, and as others have said, the fall colors aren't vibrant enough. Also, why are the evergreen trees colored in autumn?

• Like Like x 3
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

ca 1971 they wouldn't have been wearing orange safety vests.

How many nits could a nitpicker pick if a nitpicker did pick nits?

• Like Like x 3
  4. solicitr

Larches turn brown and shed their needles- deciduous conifers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

It is likely some of them (if not most) might’ve even worn the white and blue pinstripe engineer overalls with cap.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this and the Chur–Arosa railway as I just brought IOW few hours ago on sale.

• Like Like x 3
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Also like how dirty the trains are, as apparently they actually never worried about cleaning them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

Excellent article and early preview screenshots. Really looking forward to this route and will definitely be buying this route when it is released. I really hope both train horns and nice and loud! Also I'm hopeful that working crossing gates will be something added to this route since it was included in the last route released. Scenery and both engine details look really good.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

If they got good audio of the m5 I'll definitely be playing musical train horns

• Like Like x 4
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No they wouldn’t. In 1971 the colour orange was confined to carpets, wallpaper and Volkswagen Beetles by law.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I assume lighting is not complete in these, it looks rather flat and over bright, especially the cab view .

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I remember you were required to combine this with dark brown.

• Like Like x 4
  14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I wonder if SPG will get a timetable layer to use the F7s?

Also quick plea from someone who still struggles with the MU and DPU setting up on SPG. Please give us an “instant” MU function similar to Run 8, so our potential enjoyment is not ruined spending 40 minutes trying to get all the locos powering.

• Like Like x 3
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They may have this already. I think when you press the Banking Comm button, it should set up all your trailing locos. I believe that is what is supposed to happen and I have found that it does most of the time. You set up your lead loco and turn Banking on and you are set to go. In reality they should have it so you don’t have to do anything, like when two locos are joined physically, they just work as a pair when you set your brakes to lead, as all locos are set to trail as default. The banking capability should just be assumed by the game and no ‘secret’ fictional button should have to be pressed.

I’ll add to this that I have only ever come across one scenario or service where Banking Comm hasn’t set up the rear pair correctly. Other players have differing views on this and there has been a lot of chat about it on the forum and a lot of tearing of hair and premature balding caused by the lack of correct instructions in the manuals. Banking Comm isn’t even mentioned there despite being the only thing everyone agrees has to be turned on for it to work!

Let’s hope everything works correctly and is clearly laid out in a manual for this route.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, this is the perfect opportunity for DTG to buck the trend and issue a complete and detailed manual to accompany the route.

• Like Like x 3
  17. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

If they give us the right sounds were gonna have a lot of fun with those horns;)

• Like Like x 4
  18. solicitr

Actually, I like setting them up; I tend toward the every-knob-and-switch detail if possible.

Frankly, I wish coupling involved manually connecting the gladhands.......

• Like Like x 8
  19. Crosstie

Me too. I'm a dyed in the wool button-pusher, knob-twister and switch-clicker if ever there was one. I'd go for a cold, dark start if I could find one.

• Like Like x 2
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Exactly.

Besides (and a few similar 'details') this looks very, very, very tasty.

• Like Like x 1
  21. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I only care about when the route is scheduled for sale?

• Like Like x 2
  22. solicitr

i'm guessing April 4, a week after Arosa

• Like Like x 2
  23. OldVern

Derail Valley!

• Like Like x 1
  24. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

It can be assumed that Clinchfield will be released on March 18, because he appeared in the upcoming Arosa earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Wrong guess. Arosa will be the next one. Clinchfield is slightly delayed, but only a few weeks. This was said during the Roadmap update stream last Tuesday.

• Like Like x 4
  26. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Good morning all. Excuse me but how many different branches will we have on this road?
    I would also like to know if on each branch there is a small depot or store wagons and therefore a potential scenario to be done in maneuver, see loading of coal or not ?!

I don't know if this has already been requested but would it be possible to have a "map" to see what we are going to have in terms of routes?

Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Someone posted this on an earlier article discussion. In total about 4 branch lines will be modeled. Each one served coal mines and tipples, so runs would most likely include loading coal at any of these lines. The TS21 version of the route only models the Haysi Banch and McClure Spur in their entirely.
    0304203B-7B4E-49C1-AEF0-1911035696E2.png

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. solicitr

"And the upcoming Train Sim World 2 route will include each of Clinchfield’s captivating, and extraordinarily challenging to operate, north-end coal branch lines – the rugged and tonnage-rich Fremont Branch, steep Nora Spur, remote and famed Greenbriar (or Haysi) Branch, and the modern McClure Spur. Together, these remarkable branch lines will add another 27 miles of trackage to the upcoming route."

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Very very good, maybe i find some extra money for this route :D

• Like Like x 2
  30. solicitr

I do hope they model the old-school wooden coal tipples, many of which were still in operation in the early 70s.

• Like Like x 2
  31. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

thank you very much

I have TS 2021 of course, I have been playing it for 10 years (railworks) but I don't buy any more content since TSW1 was released and therefore I don't have the road on TS hence my question.

Frankly I like this route more and more, I like the US routes a lot even if I am French, I have even created several US routes for TS in free such as the Montana rails link for example but yes, this Clinchfield may be in my top 3

I really hope the trains will be up to par with good sounds.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  32. OldVern

This is one route which would benefit from a Run 8 style industry system. Cars arrive at the main yards, then need to be sorted out into rakes for the various branches. Leave at the terminals to load (may take several hours in real time while you go and do something else) before collecting and taking back to the yard to classify according to destination, work out to the exit locations as necessary or assign the AI to do so.

• Like Like x 4
  33. solicitr

The more detailed and lifelike the freight operations, the better

• Like Like x 2
  34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As another European - the premise of not extremely long, but hugely branched route intrigues me a lot. If this DLC is well made, it will be an instant buy.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

This looks like an excellent route, I'm mainly interested in UK stuff but this knocks the socks off the recent UK releases so I will get this instead!

• Like Like x 1
  36. solicitr

as long as the dispatcher isn't driven buggy by all the single-track operation

• Like Like x 4
  37. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There are many new elements in this case. Among other things, single-track traffic in both directions, which arouses my strong emotions (CSX A-Line fan). The locomotives look really good. The scenery, although with typical TSW ills, does not seem to be monotonous. The purchase is, of course, mandatory. The biggest puzzle - sounds. EDIT And trees, in winter :D

• Like Like x 3
  38. MetrolinkF125#916

Can’t wait for the preview stream, there we will find out if the sounds are correct or if I end my career in TSW:D

• Like Like x 1
  39. solicitr

Give me Nathan horn, or give me death!

• Like Like x 3
  40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Haha, don't say that, the risk is not so small!

The best thing for me about single-track-freight-ops, from DTG (High Iron Simulations), is Hanover Sub.
    A superb piece of tracks <3 100% positives on Steam!

CRR has all these and more to make it work "again". If it is an SPG-like product, I will be slightly disappointed (although I love SPG!), but also relieved. Everything on the plus side will drown me in euphoria and love for DTG :D Dirty love.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Crosstie

It's really hard not to get over hyped about this route. We've waited so long for some more American freight, the screen shots look really good and the route is so iconic representing, as it does, all the things many of us love about American railroading. I'm absolutely not willing and not expecting to be disappointed. Take all the time you need DTG, to get it right.

• Like Like x 4
  42. solicitr

It's interesting, and probably a coincidence, but we are getting two routes with the most dramatic mountain landscapes yet seen in TSW back to back.

On the other hand, at 16 and 62 miles, they are about the shortest and longest routes yet released (IOW might be shorter; I'm not sure).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  43. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Is it the same map as the og version or are we going to get another condensed route that's had all the fun parts cut out for the sake of graphics?

• Like Like x 1
  44. Anthony Pecoraro

The mainline section is shorter, but there are more branches.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Blacknred81

We lose the run from Dante to St Paul and the connections with the N&W, but we gain the Freemont Branch and the Nora Spur.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Crosstie

I'm wondering which pits and tipples will be modeled in the route. The Blue Diamond is the only one I see in the screenshots. There were others on the Nora Spur, such as the Open Fork. And, since we have the Fremont Branch, we should get the giant Moss operation. There are so many. I don't know which mines were still operating in the route's time frame. I discovered that the Haysi Branch used a remote controlled B unit to load coal. Fascinating! I'm sure that won't be modeled. It'll be interesting to see what shows up.

• Like Like x 2
  47. solicitr

It would be cool, though, and easily do-able with the existing code. Just make an external "driver's seat" (like they do with turntables), and then give you external cameras only, and keyboard/controller controls.

• Like Like x 2
  48. MetrolinkF125#916

But it also depends on how the controls in game would be modeled, like the real life controls, would we have a full EMD control stand at our disposal or would we just be turning knobs:D

• Like Like x 1
  49. Crosstie

Well, the hostler controls for the B unit were very rudimentary, so it wouldn't be a full range. In real life, it was under the control of the tipple operator, just to position the hoppers for loading I guess. Slow speed control, maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  50. Blacknred81

Wonder if we will get another article this week, or at least before release, talking about either the branch lines or the caboose that will come with the route.

• Like Like x 4