Steam Achievements Leaks New Route

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matthew Wilson, Mar 8, 2021.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A recent extension has taken the service to Bromsgrove at the bottom of the 1 in 37 Lickey Incline.
    IMG_1829.JPG
    The start of the 1 in 37 can be seen to the right of the train
    IMG_1835a.jpg

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Ah yes, Don't know why i left that out :D

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Absolutely true

Not sure if there's a specific "cross country" line, but Cross Country Trains run from North East to South West (via Birmingham and Bristol), North West to South Coast (Via Birmingham and Reading) and Cardiff to Nottingham (again via Birmingham)

4. Clumsy Pacer

There is a specific Cross-Country route https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Country_Route but most trains run beyond its length.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

At the moment only DTG products get steam acheivements, so I think it is a sfe bet to say this will be a dtg route. My guess is some form of extention to WCML south.
    The cross city route (Reddich - Lichfield) I one of the busiest suburban routes outside of london. However XC are the letters which refer to the cross country franchise whish has new street as its hub.
    What we are going to get is anyones guess maybe a short extension to wolverhampton, trains do operate between coventry and wolverhampton (cross country trains for one)
    Personaly what I would love to see is a west midland network style of routes, going from rugby to stafford covering the two routes via trent vally and new street with some lines between filled in such as rugely to new street, Lichfield to new street, wolverhampton to walsall. Alot of possibilities with a route like this.
    Or may be addition of the northampton loop with the wolverhampton extention, this would also add alot of operational intrest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Does the Class 323 operate Coventry to Wolverhampton stopping services? I thought it was the Class 350 mainly but I might be wrong.

7. Clumsy Pacer

upload_2021-3-12_12-34-33.png
    As well as the Cross-City line, according to Wikipedia, they run these services shared with the Class 350s. So in short, that's commuter services through/to/from New Street.

As far as I can tell, however, in the London Midland days (which this is likely to be as they have no WM licence), they didn't run the Rugely services, because the Chase Line was only electrified beyone Walsall in December 2018, with electric services starting in May 2019 - about 18 months after LM ceased operating.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  8. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Since you claim to know it isn't. Provide some context behind your little frustration as to why you are so confident that it isn't. If you even have the ability to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. It would be interesting to see if they include Wolverhampton as well since the Cross City line itself is fairly short. They could also take the Coventry portion from WCML South to create a sort of West Midlands Network but I doubt it. I don't think Walsall or Rugeley TV would be included either, as that's probably too far, plus like you said if it were in LM days then a Class 170 might be needed too.

10. BackdatedTrainsim

BackdatedTrainsim Member

You won't get anything to do with CrossCountry trains as the licencing deal with Arriva recently came to an end.

As a DTG route builder I am aware of who has and hasn't been involved in the most recent projects.
    There's no need to lose your cool over whether Extravis Games have taken a role in an upcoming DLC or not and you'll find out soon enough what it entails.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

Depending on the era chosen, since 2017 (or maybe 2016) the electrification was extended to Bromsgrove where a new station was built further south than the one before. At the same time a dynamic loop was added to the Redditch branch line between Weights Lane and the Birmingham and Worcester canal - there are no bridge underneath between these points and all overbridges were built to take 2 tracks despite never receiving them until this time. This meant the services, remaining at 6 trains per hour could now alternate terminating at Bromsgrove and Redditch instead of the previous pattern of Longbridge Longbridge Redditch Longridge Longbridge Redditch each hour at busy times.

12. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised to be honest, Cross City is in the listed achievements and all others are prefixed with XC which is shorthand for Cross City. The other achievements only mention City, and with Birmingham being the central point you'd imagine any other routes to cities would provide a distinction in what city is being referred to. That said, Lichfield is also a City due to its cathedral so it doesn't entirely hold water. I can't imagine we have much longer left to wait and find out.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I was originally thinking it was the XC route because I saw that prefix. Will be curious to see.

14. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

BackdatedTrainsim That is something that should be directed to the person who responded to me. I otherwise could care less who is behind it, as long as it offers something fresh.

15. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

I just asked DTG live on stream and JD said its gonna be shown off in a couple of weeks Birmingham Cross City Route

• Like Like x 3
  16. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Ok. Thought they may have done it sooner because of the leak but...

17. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

JD said quite soon in the coming weeks it will be shown off on stream, it may change gonna wait to see what the streams will be next week and the week after to see when it will be shown off

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  18. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

The run from Lichfield TV to Redditch this time.