Should I Get Hrr Or Diesel Legends?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ionutmineadaniel, Mar 12, 2021.

1. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

HRR or Diesel Legends?

2. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

Depends what you already have and what you want

• Like Like x 1
  3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

If you're itching for new German content, I would wait for Hamburg-Lübeck. I understand this doesn't give you an answer between the two options, but it is my general guidance. HRR is nice but it is very short and a little antiquated now. If you want UK content and already own everything else, then Diesel Legends is all that you will have for a while. Cathcart Circle is the next expected UK route, and that is many many months away, and the Class 313 is MIA.

Cheers

4. ionutmineadaniel

I aleardy own all british content so the layers won't be a problem but BR101 doesn't really have it's place on it and HRR is the only route that I didn't bougth and 101 is coming for it so I will eventually buy just for the BR DB 101 if it is any good

5. ionutmineadaniel

I could wait for it but I don't think I will be able to to do anything else the Regio Expresses and freight on it

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

HRR is kind of nice. Personally I would prefer this route if you own a number of German routes. The route is interesting because of layers with other German stuff, just the 422 and 425 are boring.

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

OTOH, HRR is fairly cheap now on sale, and HMA is a recent German route that's also getting some sale love. Otherwise there are MSB and RSN, my two favorite German routes: both available at solid discounts. HLK will be full price for quite a while (also it brings no new rolling stock, just reskins).

• Like Like x 1
  8. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I got Diesel Legends because I wanted Raildriver compatible locos, but that said I'm quite enjoying driving these and the modelling of the artwork on the locomotives and rolling stock is quite nice. I particularly am looking forward to the freight update that will come for Diesel Legends.

Paul

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. osiegmund9

osiegmund9 Well-Known Member

I would say HRR because the 425 has a great sound and you can use (PC only) the 425 also on HMA. If you have MSB, 155 and 182 you get also this layers on HRR.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about the 425 HMA layers. If even for that reason alone, I would change my original statement and suggest getting HRR. The 425 services are very enjoyable.

Cheers

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Out of the two right now, HRR. If you own the other German routes you will get all the layers and that makes it a great route to drive on. All the trains on it are good (minus a few bugs left over from bringing them into TSW2). The only downside is that because it is so enjoyable to drive it can be a slight disappointment when a service ends because the full length is quite short. If it’s on offer now, go for it. The legends can wait.

12. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Kek, of course HRR without questions!

13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

With March Madness they're basically the same price, so... HRR without any doubt. It ads to HMA and itself benefits from MSB making it fairly busy (not HMA busy, but busy). 425 is probably the most enjoyable and best-sounding regional train in the whole game. Easy to handle, fast to accelerate, fast to slow down, automatically capped at 160. Probably the best for PZB training.

Definitely a better one of these two, especially considering the prices are now the same and the DL is seriously broken and incomplete so far.

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

What services does the 425 add to HMA? I thought the 423s handled the two modeled S-Bahn routes.

15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

RE services, I think it about 30 or so.

16. solicitr

Aha! So those would be the missing regionals from the RL timetable that the 146/Dosto trains don't cover!

(I should have known that, too; back when I tried to do an hour of Munchen Hbf traffic in TS, there were lots of 425s (and 426s) on the regionals)

17. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

HRR