New 5.5gb Patch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thel Vadamee33, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Thel Vadamee33

Thel Vadamee33 New Member

Anybody else get a new 5.5GB patch? Does anybody know what it is?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 410nick

410nick Member

I'm downloading it now. It was 5.8 for me on the base XB1

3. Thel Vadamee33

Thel Vadamee33 New Member

Xbox One X 5.7gb. I think it's fixed a few bugs, the screen tearing has gone for me... Cab lights and headlights are still broke though.

4. 410nick

410nick Member

Yeah I hope they fix that issue soon as well. I can barely see the track at night

5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Game performance is the same for me, but clock looks like it's tied to the FPS now so probably no more late running

6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

When you guys are saying the headlights are broken, what are you experiencing exactly? Is it that they don't turn on or don't seem all that bright?

7. Ken

Ken New Member

I'm not sure what other folks are experiencing, but the headlights seem to be a bit dim. But, on the other hand, UK train headlights seem to be of the "to be seen" as opposed to a "light up the world" type of lighting system. I can deal with that. What is missing though are indicator dials that are lit on night scenarios and/or services. Makes the cab black as a coal bin at midnight. Hopefully they will get around to fixing that issue soon.

8. SimFan

SimFan Member

I am still waiting for this patch in the US.
    Looks like they might be doing a staggered patch release, although I am not sure how developers in general release patches.
    Only update I got was a 370 MB system update for my Xbox One, as I am part of the Xbox insider program.

9. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I got it last night, but also thanks for saying about a system update for Xbox One i wonder if ive got one

10. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

In the UK, drivers are taught to memorise every square inch of a route so it's less important for them to rely on the view out of the window. So because of this, on many trains, the headlights are more about making sure they can be seen by other users of the railway, than about seeing the way ahead.

To turn on the gauge lights, hover over the following controls in each of the cabs, press and hold the A button, then move the control with the left stick (where appropriate):

Class 43
    Class 43.jpg

Class 166
    Class 166.jpg

Class 66
    Class 66.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  11. SimFan

SimFan Member

So it is exactly like when pilots fly by looking at their instruments (IFR=Instrument Flight Rules). When you can't see landmarks or the runway when it is foggy or cloudy with rain, you can't look out the window for the runway, until the last minute.

12. TrainSim-Steve

Kinda like that yes though I think it's less about spatial awareness as it is for pilots and more about knowing where you are for putting on the brakes, applying power, sounding the horn, etc.

Best, Steve

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Keep the cab lights off too; they're okay for setting up the train but once you start moving you'll want them off as they'll only put a sheen on the windows. I've heard that drivers are actually prohibited from driving with the cab lights on at night but I haven't been able to find documentation yet.

14. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

The issue with the headlights is when they're on, and you're playing a night time scenario, everything is pitch black outside. The headlights do not illuminate anything. Gauge dimmer works fine but there is no cab lights, nor do the headlights project any light in night time scenarios. Cab lights do not illuminate the cab either.

15. SimFan

SimFan Member

I have noticed, the base size of TSW on my XB1 is 5.9GB...is the 5.5GB patch in addition to this?

I am utterly confused as to what is going on with this patch...someone please clear the cobwebs from me :D

16. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Unreal Engine’s setup means it likes to make you redownload pretty much everything to get bug fixes. That’s the way .pak files work; you have to download the whole thing or nothing.

17. 410nick

410nick Member

18. TrainSim-Steve

The headlights are in fact prototypical - they're pretty much as they are on the real trains (actually they're slightly better than the real trains but tuning lights is not that easy when you need to account for inherent variances in computer displays). Cab lights we're looking into and I'm hopeful to be addressed in a forthcoming update.

The download size may vary depending on your country of residence but there is only one update, if your download was 5.9GB, that aligns with my own personal Xbox One update which was also 5.9GB.

Best, Steve

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. SimFan

SimFan Member

Actually, I uninstalled my copy of TSW and then downloaded it again.

The size now reads 5.93GB and I do notice a difference in frame rates now and no more screen tearing.

20. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Both the HST and 166 will normally be travelling in excess of 60mph so it's pretty likely that the driver would be unable to stop in time anyway. I imagine the same would apply to the class 66 as well.

21. Ken

Ken New Member

TrainSim - Steve,

Thanks for the locations of the dimmer switches for the dials. I've poked around the cabs some, but not enough to have found those yet. Will make night runs a a little brighter!

---Ken