What Uk Routes Does Everyone Want To See

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hugosteele12, Sep 17, 2020.

1. hugosteele12

hugosteele12 New Member

hi i would love to see a bognor regis line and littlehampton. also a reading to redhill or gatwick or guilford routes and a weymouth route these are the only ones i can think of at the moment but there are plenty of other uk routes we could see then we could have some trains that we haven't got yet too plus ones we have can be added to the routes lets hope we finally get to see uk routes that we have been waiting for and making are dreams come true. i would love to hear what routes everyone else wants to see in the uk and you would like to see these routes. please dovetail games and thank you for this amazing game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

For modern heritage lines, I would like to see The Ecclesbourne Valley Railway. When to comes to the rolling stock for it, I would suggest the Andrew Barclay 0-4-0T steam engine, as well as the Derby lightweight dmu. It is a unique early DMU design that I think would be a great addition to TS2021:
    [​IMG]

As for historical lines, I feel like having a section of the main GNR line (Leeds -Peterborough maybe?) set in the Edwardian era would be something that would feel fresh and interesting. The downside of course would be that it would require some new period-specific assets (like passengers in period clothing etc)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. shaungrainger1980

shaungrainger1980 New Member

A full length route from north to south or east to west etc.ecml preferably set 1970’s.then maybe we could get the modern full route as another separate dlc.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Weaver

Chris Weaver New Member

Cambrian Coast, Cumbrian Coast, Heart Of Wales or anything using the Lickey.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hawker Hurricane

Hawker Hurricane New Member

Hull-Scarborough
    Hull-Manchester Piccadilly (and Manchester Airport)
    Hull-London King's Cross
    Hull-York
    York-Scarborough

All modern day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Though my main point of interest isn't the UK, I think maybe backdating all those London Network routes to the BR-Blue era would be pretty cool, as the BR MUs (diesel or electric) always have a special place in my heart.

For a specific line, maybe the Tyneside Electric network in Newcastle during the days of the LNER or early British Railways.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I just posted this idea for the Sutton and Mole Valley Line. Uses the Class 377, which we already have on two routes. Also would provide a great route merging option in the Workshop with the Portsmouth Direct Line to Waterloo, and potentially also with the South London Network itself (London to Brighton's path in this area is covered by the South London Network. but if added can be merged via Three Bridges).

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainboyerik

trainboyerik Member

i want too see more routes that are in the US there is enough UK stuff so i say more american/KCSM (mexican) stuff

9. Cyclone

Agreed. I did post a request for Canada as well, creating a freight route around Toronto as there are about nine or ten lines I identified as coming into the area, so it's a great freight area for a DLC (there is also passenger rail on the GO network, and a subway DLC could also be created). I also suggested the St. Clair Tunnel connecting the U.S. and Canada at the Port Huron/Sarnia border as a possible international freight area as well, and a good way to get Detroit and Flint potentially on the map while backdating the DLC to about 2010 to utilize a now-closed Kellogg's plant for that type of freight in London, Ontario. I also requested the SD75I in CN and Ontario Northern liveries to accompany Toronto. But even though these are things I really want to see, I still will post UK ideas because that is where the most passenger rail potential exists, and I also posted an idea to extend and re-release North Wales Coastal through Shrewsbury or Stafford (connecting with either the Welsh Marches or WCML Trent Valley) and release it as a single DLC with different branded vehicles (and maintaining unbranded versions for the NWC scenario set, which could in theory actually be separated and sold as a scenario pack). I even suggested Australia between Sydney and Melbourne.

So I too have my preferences, but I also have ideas. And I will post ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

C2C. 1998

11. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Cambrian Coast set in the 50's from Dovey Junction, or even better Shrewsbury, through to Pwhelli.

Salisbury to Exeter with maybe the Bristol/Cardiff to Portsmouth line set in the 70's or 80's would be great to see too.

• Like Like x 3
  13. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

That looks great.

We have most of the Scottish scenic routes, but Inverness to Wick and Thurso would be good (perhaps even Inverness to Aberdeen or Dundee to Aberdeen).

JT is apparently releasing a Highland line from Inverness to Perth, so presumably you have to 'change trains' to their Scottish ECML route to get the rest of the way to Edinburgh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trent Trainspitting

Trent Trainspitting New Member

I think a non linear network in the West Midlands. Maybe include the X City Line, Wolverhampton - Coventry via New Street and the branches off of the Main Line, Chiltern Mainline from Moor Street to Leamington Spa and the Snow Hill Lines from Stourbridge to Stratford/Dorridge. Rolling stock could be a Class 350, Class 170/168, Class 172 (All Variants), Class 323 and a Class 390 for intercity runs. Alternative trains could be a Class 196 and a Class 730.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Trent Trainspitting

Trent Trainspitting New Member

The Coastway would be quite cool!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jackal

Jackal New Member

I'd like to see the LU Piccadilly Line, with some 1959 stock. :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. dcr raptor

dcr raptor Member

Tyne Valley Line - Preferably with Class 66, Class 142, Class 156, and Class 158

West London Network (Waterloo - Twickenham, Shepperton, Chessington South, and Hampton Court) - SWT and/or SWR Class 450, Class 455/8 and/or Class 455/9, Class 456, Class 458/5, and Class 707

1980s Bournemouth - Weymouth (with Harbour Line) - Class 33 with DVT and Class 118 were the most likely trains to be used in this era

Expanded South London Network with Waterloo, Charing Cross, Blackfriars, and Cannon Street, out to Wimbledon, Epsom, Epsom Downs, Sutton, Bromley North, Hayes, and Tonbridge Wells. Could be combined with the Southeastern Mainline (running to Dover and Canterbury West) and the West London Line (Clapham Junction to Willesden Junction) for a full range of freight and passenger experiences available on the Southeastern Main Line. Backdating to 1996-2006 would probably be the best option as Eurostars would run on the line, and all lines shared common rolling stock (class 421/423). The Class 319, 455/8, and 456 were also in use with multiple operators on this route.

Might make give these ideas dedicated threads in the near future.

Edit ----
    Also anything backdated to before British Rail (1830s-1940s)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. ryansrail

ryansrail New Member

I think we need a Cleethorpes to Manchester route with 195s, 331s and 185s

20. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

Any Western Region route in the seventies with the Westerns, Warships, Hymeks and so much other classic locos that was on the rails. My era.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Cumbrian Coast is in progress by OTS.

22. TheFirstOnly200

TheFirstOnly200 Member

Since East Coastway is on Train Sim World 2, I’ll would really be interested if someone made a version for Train Simulator

23. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Calder Valley Line Manchester Bradford Leeds thats how Class 195 trains cross the pennine mountains. How about a Modern northern transpennine route Manchester Huddersfield Leeds via Standege Tunnel Class 185s & 802s.

24. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

OTS is making Manchester-Leeds

25. driverwoods#1787

Which one is it NTP Standege Tunnel like TSW or Calder Valley Line via Halifax Bradford?

26. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Standedge Tunnel version

27. driverwoods#1787

The Northern Trans Pennine route since it has the Standege Tunnel. In Train Sim World that's abbreviated as NTP.

28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

This is pretty much what I'm hoping to see eventually in game.

Pretty much TfW South Wales.

I've split it into three sections as I can't ever imagine it'd be one DLC..

1) Swansea to Fishguard Harbour/Milford Haven/Pembroke Dock (including the Briton Ferry to Llanelli line)
    Image7.jpg

2) South Wales Valley Lines (up to Cheltenham to complete that part of the TfW route)
    Image6.jpg

3) The Heart of Wales line.
    Image8.jpg

That'll tide me over nicely for a few thousand hours game time (by which point they should have done all the Mid and North Wales lines too :D)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Right I just know that one as Manchester-Leeds and Calder Valley as Calder Valley.

For the Valley lines there is someone working on them, don't know how much progress has been done though.

30. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

WCML covered in its entirety without resorting to tracking down and buying umpteen different asset add-ons that is the current labour of love to fill in the missing links.

31. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Depends if we are talking freeware or payware here - over at UKTS there is mention on the forum of a partial Cambrian Coast line.
    To be honest I thought most principal UK routes have now been covered in one form or another though I guess there are still gaps. Tyne Valley is actually one I suggested for TSW2 a day or two ago, it always seems to get overlooked in favour of its big brother from Carlisle to Settle in all the sims.
    While it would not be impossible to knock up a fair representation as freeware using old Kuju assets and a few other bits and pieces, is that what people want or is the expectation now for custom assets rather than something more generic. That tends to put such projects outside the remit of all but the most dedicated freeware route builder, particularly if like me your 3D modelling skills are limited to throwing together station signs with ancient modelling and paint programmes.
    Another line overlooked in all three of the big sims is the Central Wales from Llanelli to Craven Arms (Shrewsbury). Again though the problems are, probably too much for a freeware author to bite off and a bit linear and not much operational variety to attract a payware developer - though throw in a Class 120 DMU depending on era and I'd hand over £24.99.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Cyclone

Good work, though I am not convinced that any of these will be tackled. If any are, I suspect the first will be the focus, not a link from Cardiff. Though I wonder if Bossman Games might jump into these projects.

33. inversnecky

Certainly there are big gaps if you are in Scotland!

67F4C36B-C4FA-4BE8-8D27-9CED2EF4D635.jpeg
    If you live in NE Scotland, there’s nothing on TS maybe within a hundred miles.

There’s no doubt a fair few in the central belt too.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

JT are making the Highland mainline from Perth up to Inverness and are also upgrading the Kyle line.

Most of the central belt is done with Suburban Glasgow (freeware version), your looking more towards Ayr which hasn't been done yet (but I think it is in progress).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  35. inversnecky

Really looking forward to Perth to Inverness.

In my younger days, my family lived on the Inverness to Aberdeen line, and I took the Inverness to Edinburgh route to uni, etc., so 99.9% of the time I’ve ever been on a train was on those two routes.

And as a resident of NE Scotland, I can but selfishly hope eventually these gaps will be filled :)

7125C79D-85C6-444D-AF96-85216EDD6467.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  36. theorganist

I would like to see a route based around Inverness set maybe in the 1970's with the a class 40, class 26 and the class 120 sets allocated there in the 70's.

I am surprised Aberdeen has never been featured in a route.

There was a small part of the Far North line modelled for Rail Simulator or Railworks over ten years ago which you can still download from UKTS. It was a nice route from what I can remember. I think it was from Georgemas Junction to Thurso and Wick.

37. inversnecky

That has my stamp of approval!

thanks for the heads up, I’ll look for that route.

• Like Like x 1
  38. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Bossman Games are working on the Cotswold line at the moment (Hereford to Oxford) which was announced about a year ago and gauging by their silence might be a while away yet. I do hope they make Shrewsbury to Crewe/Chester too so we can get the full Holyhead to Swansea drive (although I'm not sure many would want to drive that far in one go!).

• Like Like x 1
  39. theorganist

Well some have driven the complete ECML. Holyhead to Swansea would be a very scenic journey and quite varied to I think it could be popular. I would have thought more interesting than cruising up a generally flat mainline for hours.

• Like Like x 1
  40. SJA

SJA Active Member

I'd like to see the missing bit between Bedford and Leicester on the MML. JT seem occupied extending the MML map towards Manchester, although I do think the original St Pancras to Bedford route could do with a bit of a tidy up in itself. Plus ideally you'd only want to use a max of two routes for London-Sheffield services, so if not DTG than JT as and when...

41. dudleybrooke

dudleybrooke Member

My request is for a 50s 60s route. From Exeter St Davids to Ilfracombe on the North Devon coast, and also the line to Torrington which split at Barnstaple Junction, I remember trains crossing the River Taw on the single track bridge, very often Warships and Westerns. It's a very scenic route with lots of interest and a very steep grade approaching Ilfracombe. ilfracombe1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  42. Cyclone

I can't see DTG wanting to get mixed up with that. I mean, people already consider their own MML segment to be, well, not good. While having two segments merged and on the Workshop would be nice, I am sure JT would prefer to go back and finish that off by combining it perhaps with their own route to London, rendering DTG's obsolete. Though perhaps they'll just take what's there and release a scenery update to go with the part to Bedford.

43. AirbourneAlex

I'll throw these ideas out there (some might be worked on and released as freeware but I'm proposing these as payware via steam).

New Routes
    -West Coastway Line: Brighton to Portsmouth Harbour (including Littlehampton and Bognor Regis branches).
    -South Eastern Main Line: London Charing Cross to Dover Priory (including Bromley North branch).
    -North Kent Line: London Cannon Street to Gravesend (including lines via Woolwich, Bexleyheath and Sidcup).
    -South West London: London Waterloo to Reading (including Hounslow Loop and Windsor branch).
    -Tyne Valley Line: Carlisle to Newcastle (including Kingsmoor Yard and Tyne Yard).
    -Airedale Line: Leeds to Skipton (including Bradford Forster Square branch).
    -Snow Hill Lines: Stratford upon Avon to Kidderminster (including Stourbridge Town branch).
    -West Anglia Main Line: London Liverpool Street to Cambridge North (including Hertford East and Stansted airport branches).
    -London, Tilbury and Southend Line: London Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness (including lines via Ockendon, Purfleet and Tilbury).
    -Marshlink Line: Ashford International to Eastbourne (including Dungeness Power Station branch).

Route Extensions
    -South Western Main Line: Weymouth Extension (including Weymouth Harbour Tramway).
    -South Western Main Line: Woking Extension (including Eastleigh Works).
    -Chatham Main Line: Ramsgate Extension (including Ramsgate Depot).
    -Fife Circle Line: Dundee Extension (including Tay Rail Bridge).
    -Welsh Marches: Chester Extension (including line via Crewe and Wrexham Central branch).

Route Upgrades
    -WCML North Updated + Edinburgh Extension
    -Edinburgh to Glasgow Updated + Stirling Extension
    -Liverpool to Manchester Updated + Manchester Victoria & Warrington Bank Quay Extension
    -Great Eastern Main Line Updated + Norwich Extension

• Like Like x 3
  44. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

I can tell you that Tyne Valley is in progress, but it is being kept very quiet at the moment. Airedale line is also in progress as an extension to S&C.

For the South Western Mainline I would suggest looking at South West Devs Facebook page as they are creating the whole route from Waterloo to Weymouth- plus more.

On YouTube if you search Kross (creator of WCML North and over Shap) you will find he's doing an updated version- whether this will be released is currently unknown.
    There was an extension of GEML to Norwich, however it has been taken down currently.

• Like Like x 1
  45. AirbourneAlex

I'm aware of a few of those, nice to hear of Tyne Valley being made and WCML North getting a redo.

46. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

I'd quite like a South Western Suburban Network. It will never happen but it would offer plenty of commuting possibilities. There is also the scope for freight for freight from Basingstoke to Clapham Junction/Kew Bridge via Virginia Water. There are also regular steam tours from Waterloo/Victoria to Guildford via Staines.
    South Western Suburban Network.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  47. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

In addition I'd love to see both a modern revamp of the GWML (with 387 and 800) plus extension to Swindon, as well as a 1950s/1960s backdated version (with same stock as the Riveria in the 1950s Line).

• Like Like x 1
  48. Cyclone

Sutton & Mole Valley Lines has a project that will cover a portion of that, and we have Portsmouth-Waterloo obviously. But there are a couple of longer lines there that I think are not explored, and the challenge is then incorporating the side routes.

• Like Like x 1
  49. k10

k10 New Member

eastbourne, hastings, ashford please

50. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1