Dynamic Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by geloxo, Feb 28, 2021.

1. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

This small tool allows you to easily configure and inject weather in realtime in game with the Unreal console. The tool was just an experiment to get rid of the need to use commands copy/paste and allows you to set variables easily with a simple graphical interface, including random generation and a dynamic weather features.

Tool.jpg

This is an example video of the tool in game:

Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker is required for my tool to work. Please follow this link to get that third party tool and read its documentation for setup and usage. Run game and then run the application. After that select the TSW2 executable from the process list and inject the DLL. You can also lauch that application with a button I included in the graphical interface of the weather tool if you prefer.

Setup1.jpg

After that it´s very important to include the console keyboard shortcut in the weather tool configuration file (weather.ini) as well to be able to activate the console from my tool, print the commands and hide it afterwards. Also check that keyboard shortcuts are not defined as the ones already used by game (e.g: PZB buttons in game).

Setup2.jpg

Default console key (Tilde key) is the one on top of your TAB key. Symbols may be different depending on your keyboard language but this is the key you should use to open console when using unlocker.

958ffab28a443140daf5c234de620c74a2d75c9a.png

This key assignment may depend on the keyboard language. For US, UK, ES and GE keyboards you can still use the default Tilde assignment in unlocker and use the following line in weather.ini to match that assignment:

KeyConsole = ` (for US and UK keyboards)
    KeyConsole = º (for ES and GE keyboards)

The FR keyboards require to use the Dollar ($) in unlocker configuration menu instead of the default Tilde key and the following in weather.ini:

KeyConsole = ²

To reveal which character should be used for your language simply open an empty txt file in notepad and press the key on top of your TAB key. If no character is printed simply press Space after pressing that key. That will reveal which is the symbol linked to the tilde key for your keyboard or language. Simply paste that character into weather.ini variable. Unfortunatelly this is something you need to check depending on the keyboard layout you are using because this is inherited from the way unlocker works so far. If you change any of those settings please close both applications and restart game for changes to be applied. Weather tool must be closed using the tray icon to prevent that it stays just minimized instead of completely closed.

Tool usage for weather generation is very simple:
    • When tool starts it defaults to static weather mode, so you have to tune sliders and inject weather with the Send button.
    • If you press the Static button it will switch to dynamic wether mode and just temperature and wind will change over time. After that you can use the three buttons below it. Pressing it again will turn it back to static mode.
    • Clouds button will enable dynamic cloud cover changes, which are affected by wind and temperature. So with stronger winds more clouds are created and with higher temperatures clouds will disappear. Precipitation will not be generated dynamically in this mode, so you would still need to set it manually.
    • Once clouds mode is enabled you can use the Force button to quickly create the conditions required for a storm. Required cloud cover is defined by precipitation threshold slider (default 50%). With force mode cloud generation will increase faster (but it´s less reallistic) until precipitation threshold is reach and then they will come back to standard dynamic changes (the reallistic case). You can also use this mode to force persistent overcast, as cloud amount will be always staying above the precipitation threshold.
    • The Storm button is the once that activates the precipitation related features, including dynamic generation of rain/snow, wetness adaptation and snow melting. Snow melts with temperature and also with rain. When this mode is enabled you can still use the wetness adaptation and snow melting features by just raising the precipitation threshold to the max values. This will prevent rain generation (or make it harder to happen). This can be needed if you don´t want any storms but still want to keep snow melting active in case you started on a snowy environment, for instance.
    • At any time you can still change the weather sliders to influence on the dynamic weather behaviour. For instance if it´s too cloudy or you don´t want snow, simply increase temperature and clouds will start to decrease. To generate more clouds increase wind. Or just increase precipitation to create the precipitation amount you want. After those changes the dynamic engine will use those new values for the next refresh cycle and continue changing values from there.
    The dynamic weather forecast area will provide the main dynamic weather parameters status. The cloud bar displays the variation introduced by dynamic clouds compared to latest update, so when it stays on the middle no significant changes were done, if it goes to left side sunny weather is expected and if it goes to the right then cloudy weather is expected. This is just informative as at every new refresh cycle you can have changing weather again.

You can download the zip containing the latest version of my tool files from the following link:

Dynamic Weather Tool

Latest tool version: v1.07 (Mar 2021)

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

unreal.jpg Can you please clarify what I need to select in the two dropdown boxes above? ('Process to inject to' and which DLL to inject).

Thanks.

3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You need to have TSW2 running before and then select the TW2 executable in the process list. Don´t touch the DLL. Then just click "Inject DLL" when you are in the game main menu. I updated the first post to include some pics to explain it.

Also please redownload my tool. I just removed one periodic beep sound I used for my tests when the weather update was triggered. It shouldn´t be there as it could be annoying. Sorry :)

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  4. Tanglebones

Thank you! It works a treat, and now I can actually have snow, ice, and blizzard conditions in Scenario Planner. I just skidded a Mk 72 stock through Miles Platting, completely unable to stop in time. I like using that train in different routes because it starts and stops rapidly, enabling me to work on improving my acceleration and braking skills under varying conditions and your app helps compensate for a long-standing Scenario Planner bug where the month is always April no matter what season is selected. As the months pass into years and DTG still fails to make this very simple fix, I was getting quite frustrated.

Using this program, I changed the weather on the fly, going from snowy blizzard to rain then back to snow, experimenting with settings. Do I see correctly that I can have thunderstorms also?

Very well done, and very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Yes, thunderstorms are spawned randomly depending on their slider setting. Just leave it to 0 and they will not appear. The higher the slider value the more probability to have them during storms.

I just uploaded a v1.01 with the addition of automatic snow and wetness adjustment for dynamic storm mode. You can disable those new features in the config file if you don´t want to use them. Wetness and snow increases with precipitation and snow will just melt with higher temperatures, so in case of rain you should now see decreasing amount of ground snow over time. I think this is a bit more realistic. Use the original download link to get this new version ;)

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  6. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Guys I have made the updating to v1.02 to include some improvements to dynamic weather and also performed code cleaning and simplified the configuration process.

Now we have a more flexible dynamic weather control, as now you can choose to enable or disable clouds and storms evolution separately (in case you don´t want any automatic variation on any of them). The precipitation threshold slider is used to define the min amount of clouds required to produce a storm (default 50%) so weather is more consistent and you don´t get rain/snow without clouds. In case you activate the dynamic storm the cloud cover will increase faster to meet the min amount of clouds to start the storm. Once there the cloud variation will be smoother, as in the case the storm feature is disabled. This is used to allow quicker creation of overcast in case you want to force a storm. On the other hand if you reduce the amount of clouds manually below threshold the precipitation will stop as well. Wetness and ground snow are also affected by lack of precipitation and temperature, so snow will melt on warm weather for instance.

This one should be final and stable now. Documentation was also updated in the zip file to better explain the usage and features of main weather logic. Link is on the first post.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  7. Tanglebones

Thanks geloxo, works a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You are welcome. Further minor updates will probably follow in the next days, just to fine tune the speed for weather changes and things like that. But the core weather logic is now stable and I won´t change that very much. If you find any issues just let me know. Check first post for any version updates :D

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

VERY GOOD

10. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Ok I followed the instructions...... I started TSW2.... Then started UUU, selected the TSW2 executable from the list, clicked "Inject DLL" and TSW2 shutdown and now my shortcuts to TSW2 have gone and I'm unable to find a way to open TSW2 again?

***EDIT***
    It appears that BitDefender doesn't like what UUU was trying to do to the TSW2 executable so quarantined both UUU and the TSW2 executable and shortcuts hence me not being able to find it anywhere.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't get how something like dynamic weather is not in the game by default in the timetable mode. Really dtg?

• Like Like x 1
  12. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You can start the weather tool when you want. The important thing is that you start game first and the Unreal console application after it to inject the DLL. Once game and the DLL are linked you can send commands to the console with my tool. My tool just opens console with the keyboard shorcut and prints the variables to it, so it works completely offline so to say. When the DLL injection is not properly done then my tool will not be able to do anything. You would most likely see that game just receives the keyboard presses related to Ctrl+V (I use it for pasting variables. If console was not activated properly then wippers will start moving in this case, as V is linked to wippers in game.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  13. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

This is something I really don´t understand either. It took me literally 3 days to design this simple user interface and the weather logic behind it, being really an amateur myself. Weather variables are there so you can modify them in real time as I do. If game core does not support it at its current state they could just do a separate process that talks to game to inject variables into current gameplay the same way I do, with a native DLL they create such as the one used by Unreal console, raildriver or other peripherals that send data to game. That would be compatible with all scenarios and services out of the box and would remove the need to edit weather individually on each of them to enable dynamic changes or randomness, as Matt explained that was one of their candidate approaches to implement that feature in game :| Misteries of life...

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  14. tallboy7648

Oh if only people like you could work for dtg to make these immediate changes. A lot of mods i've seen for this game improves it massively and as you have described, something like this wouldn't take long to do so if you could do it, it's odd dtg can't

• Like Like x 2
  15. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I have enough problems at my own work. I don´t need more hahaha :D

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

LOL

17. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Many thanks geloxo, what with this, Nina"s leafless tree mod, and Mr LondonMidland's rain mod it's a game changer.

I do have a small problem with a UK keyboard. I'm used to Unreal Unlocker, it triggers the console with the tilde key However your app doesn't for some reason send the key press to windows. . I changed both apps to use backslash for now which works well.

Could I make a request for fov and gamma sliders please? Probably outside the scope of your app, but it would be nice to have!

Thanks again!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  18. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Hi,

The keyboard localization can be usually an issue. That´s why I enabled the keyboard shortcut definition in the config. I have also used a custom keyboard shortcut to bypass this problem myself. My tool just executes the keypress for the defined key but some characters use special key codes and it seems they don´t work well.

About the fov and gamma the main problem is that they don´t appear to be existing in the console commands (at least I checked the documentation and they are not there), so I´m afraid I can´t include them. Anyway they are not related to weather as you say, so they would not match with the other parameters I think. For gamma I would recommend you to use Reshade at it includes contrast and brightness tunning.

But I have good news for you. A freshly updated v1.06 is available now. It includes some minor improvements to dynamic weather changes, an improved dynamic clouds evolution logic and also a new section to display the forecasted dynamic weather. That helps to view the main dynamic weather parameters status in one go. The cloud bar displays the variation introduced by dynamic clouds compared to latest update, so when it stays on the middle no significant changes were done, if it goes to left side sunny weather is expected and if it goes to the right then cloudy weather is expected. This is just informative as at every new refresh cycle you can have changing weather again, but it´s a feature I included just for of my own testing and I decided it could be nice to keep it there for everybody to use it. I also added color codes to easily see which features are enabled or disabled, for those who prefer the combination of some dynamic weather together with static clouds or precipitation.

I think this one is really complete and versatile after the tests and improvements I made this week, so I don´t plan to include further modifications so far. Enjoy it! :)

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  19. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. Just had a lovely run on the TVL, with some intermittent showers, fantastic.

Can you tell me what the clouds and forced buttons do under dynamic weather please?

I fully understand fov isn't part of the weather system.

You can change gamma in the console using gamma n. I think default is 2.0. eg Gamma 2.0 I use a higher number around 2.8 during dark hours otherwise I can't see anything lol.

20. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Let´s try to summarize:

• When tool starts it defaults to static weather mode, so you have to tune sliders and inject weather with the Send button.
    • If you press the Static button it will switch to dynamic wether mode and just temperature and wind will change over time. After that you can use the three buttons below it. Pressing it again will turn it back to static mode.
    • Clouds button will enable dynamic cloud cover changes, which are affected by wind and temperature. So with stronger winds more clouds are created and with higher temperatures clouds will disappear. Precipitation will not be generated dynamically in this mode, so you would still need to set it manually.
    • Once clouds mode is enabled you can use the Force button to quickly create the conditions required for a storm. Required cloud cover is defined by precipitation threshold slider (default 50%). With force mode cloud generation will increase faster (but it´s less reallistic) until precipitation threshold is reach and then they will come back to standard dynamic changes (the reallistic case). You can also use this mode to force persistent overcast, as cloud amount will be always staying above the precipitation threshold.
    • The Storm button is the once that activates the precipitation related features, including dynamic generation of rain/snow, wetness adaptation and snow melting. Snow melts with temperature and also with rain. When this mode is enabled you can still use the wetness adaptation and snow melting features by just raising the precipitation threshold to the max values. This will prevent rain generation (or make it harder to happen). This can be needed if you don´t want any storms but still want to keep snow melting active in case you started on a snowy environment, for instance.
    • At any time you can still change the weather sliders to influence on the dynamic weather behaviour. For instance if it´s too cloudy or you don´t want snow, simply increase temperature and clouds will start to decrease. To generate more clouds increase wind. Or just increase precipitation to create the precipitation amount you want. After those changes the dynamic engine will use those new values for the next refresh cycle and continue changing values from there.
    I hope is clearer now :)

Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Brilliant, thanks for the explanation.

22. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Guys, thanks to bescot we identified a problem with the tilde key definition, which is the default one used by Unreal Unlocker application, as my tool did not use it properly. You should use the following in my Weather.ini file if you want to keep tilde as the default key as well for the weather tool:

KeyConsole = `

I have reuploaded the zip with the changes already included in the config and default config files to avoid that anybody else has the same problem. There´s a minor fix included: the rain amount was wrongly displayed in the forecast information panel (light was displayed for rain amounts which should be medium). Version is still the same.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. DrStrangepool

DrStrangepool New Member

Idea: Download real world weather and inject in the game :)

24. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I notice when looking at the commands injected into the console that sometimes the ‘set temperature’ command doesn’t appear to be working.

For example, right now out of 21 inputs, 5 of them returned a ‘Command not recognised: \ts2.dbg.SetTemperature *’. Any ideas?

Beyond that, what a fantastic tool. Thankyou!

• Like Like x 1
  25. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Does it only happen with temperature (and always with temperature) or with other variables as well? And does it display a * instead of a number? If this is the case the command is not recognized by console as it requires a number as variable for SetTemperature, and * is not a number. This would be the reason for the error seen in the console. But my tool is injecting the numbers always for all variables, as the sliders do not produce any other output than a decimal number.

The only thing I can imagine to be happening is that exactly when the commands are sent to console you are pressing the * key to perform any action in game for instance. In that situation your keypress will be stopped in game but still added to the last character in the string sent to console before the console executes the order. This is a limitation due to usage of console, as it requires the text to be pasted into the console dialog and that can create conflicts with your keypressings in game as I explained in the tool documentation. But if this happens you would normally see the extra character at the end of the string (with SetCloudiness variable). The side effect is that for that weather updating cycle one of the weather variables may not be sent to game. The typical situation for this to happen is that you are using horn, traction or brakes (holding the keys therefore) and a weather update comes in at the same time.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

This is a wonderful addition geloxo. Well done and thank you for sharing it with the community here.

I hope this attracts the attention of the DTG Dev Team for consideration in integrating it into the game.

An observation: I notice the weather.exe doesn't close on exit and has to be closed in Task Manager - is that anticipated behaviour?

• Like Like x 1
  27. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Thanks! Nice to see that you find it handy. The tool can be closed by right clicking on its tray icon. I did it intentionally in both this tool and the dispatcher tool because the window couldn´t go minimized in the standard way in order to save its position (for the next time you open it), as I found problems with it. Maybe in the future I can improve that in both tools. So far using the window minimize or closing it will just minimize the application to the tray as an icon.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  28. mailerdemon

mailerdemon Member

Many thanks for this wonderful add-on! It is incredible how much this adds to the atmosphere of the game.

BTW, if anybody else with a German keyboard is struggling to get the console key stuff to work: the only two keys in the UUU options available for it that work for me are [,] and [.] -- my guess is that's because all the other available symbols, like $ or /, exist only as Shift- or AltGr-combos for us. Obviously the two that work are mapped for the dynamic brake in TSW, but they can be remapped in the game options (I'm now using [.] and [-] for the dynamics and [,] as the console key and everything works fine.

29. JetWash

My apologies, I never got a notification to say you'd replied!

It's only ever with temperature, and it doesn't happen all the time which makes me think you're bang on the money, and it must be that the console command is being sent as I'm pressing 'A N Other' key which is causing it not to work.

My only issue now is that with the newer version I'm finding generating rain showers from a dry situation very difficult. It always seems to go the other way i.e. windier and drier than towards rain. It wasn't a problem in previous versions but is likely something I'm doing wrong...any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  30. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I changed a bit the logic in latest release to be more consistent with how sky evolves in real life, and that´s why you may find it hard to generate rain from a starting dry situation:

1) Before a storm you will have winds due to approaching low pressure front. So in game strong wind force is the variable that will contribute to generate clouds faster.

2) After a storm you normally have a temperature increase, and potentially sunny weather after it. So in game higher temperature is the variable that will contribute to destroy clouds faster.

In order to allow dry to storm or storm to dry evolutions both wind and temperature variables are added together resulting in another variable that defines the final clouds evolution rate (and eventual rain appearence therefore).

You can influence this by setting either stronger winds or lower temperatures manually (around 5-10 ºC). With that the temperature will not contribute too much to clouds destruction and therefore it will be easier for wind to create clouds. Staying above 20ºC will make clouds very sheldom to appear unless really max wind force is kept over long time. The forecasted weather bar is the one telling you how fast clouds are being generated or destroyed, so adjust temperature and wind to your own preference to facilitate the storms or the sunny weather. Alternatively you can also use the Forced mode (button in the middle) to indeed force an overcast situation as fast as posible and disable it when you are fine with the cloud coverage or leave it active to have persistent overcasts all the time.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  31. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

This is literally the best thing :D I just drove on LIRR, started in intensive rain and the run finished in light cloudy, dry conditions. And you could see how the conditions got better in an immersive manner. Thank you so much <3

32. JetWash

I was wondering, are you limited by the game when it comes to frontal rain or convective activity, or is that a choice you’ve made?

For example, rain showers don’t come about solely as a result of a front. In fact, more often than not they are as a result of high temperature, convective activity and cloud build up, particularly in US. Calm winds and high temperatures would be just as likely to result in rain storms as a front blowing through would be. Might it be possible to introduce fog formation too?

I don’t know how far you’d be interested in taking this brilliant tool but have you considered the possibility of real world on the day weather in a similar fashion to flight sim? If you fancy a chat about that DM me as I’ve got a bit of experience on that front :)

This is literally one of the best mods out there for this game.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  33. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Thaks for the comments. About the rain generation I just needed to decide about the best way to implement it as the amount of weather variables is quite limited. Fog variables are blocked in the console. You can just enable or disable fog but not modify its density.

Regarding real world weather this is not planned. I'm not an expert on that and without an official interface to game there's always the risk that the console application turns to be not supported in the future. DTG first needs to enable a way to talk to game and provide a general SDK for scripting or some basic documentation, and I doubt this is going to happen.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  34. JetWash

Could you have it such that the mod reads real world weather from a given source, and converted that into variables that were then injected into the game? So rather than input the variables yourself you could select your route which would automatically pull weather from a specific area convert that into game speak and inject that into the game?

It’s a shame about the fog :(

35. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Have you got this to work on Xbox and PS as well? If not, then I would suggest this as being the issue. DLL injection using UE and windows may be fairly simple but unless it works on the consoles as well DTG can't just fob off 2/3 of their user base.

They have said all the way along that the community would come up with some excellent mods and this does seem to be one of the best. It really is a shame almost none of them work on the other platforms

36. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I just have my PC so I can´t do anything for consoles as don´t own one. And the tool itself works on windows only. I understand DTG approach but it´s also quite bizarre as well and I don´t share their point of view. Preventing mods to be created for PC just because they won´t be available or work on cosoles is like limiting the speed on highways because the slowest cars can´t run fast enough instead of not allowing slowest cars to use highways.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  37. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They're not preventing you from doing so, you've done so... Maybe you meant them not releasing a public editor
    And many roads ARE limited to slower speeds for the sake of certain vehicles or drivers

But the question asked was "why DTG don't do it if it's so simple", and the answer usually is either "it's not as simple as people think" or there's something else that they're concentrating on

38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Is there any way to prevent the regular weather updates from ending a pause and resuming the game? This makes it impossible to go to the restroom, answer the phone, make a sandwich etc.

39. doublefine7

Put the tool on Static Weather to prevent it from updating.

40. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Exactly. Click static weather whenever you want to pause the dynamic weather updates. You should also pause them when you go into main menu to load another route or service. Click again on dynamic weather when you are fine to continue.

Cheers

41. ArtFart

ArtFart New Member

Hey man,

Awesome little mod, really cool. However whenever I press "send" my screen resolution and fullscreen mode are changed and the game turns into a small window, any fix?

42. mailerdemon

mailerdemon Member

Hi, I've had that too at first but managed to reduce how often it occurs by switching to Borderless Windowed mode in the game options. It still happens from time to time that the sim pops out of full screen when the weather tool does its thing, but pressing ALT+ENTER (Windows' native "go fullscreen" keyboard shortcut) fixes that immediately.

43. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I never had that issue and it´s quite bizarre indeed. The tool just sends to the window matching the game title defined in the config the following keypresses:

1) Console key as defined in config file (to open the console)
    2) Ctrl+V to paste content into console
    3) Enter key to execute the pasted code on the console
    4) Console key again (to close the console)

I can´t see any relationship between that and the Alt+Enter command, that is the one used by Windows to change to windowed or full screen, unless you mapped the console key to Alt key. That, together with the Enter sent in step 3 could be understood by windows as the Alt+Enter combo to go into windowed or fullscreen. It that´s the case simply use another key for console in the weather tool config and in the console application.

Cheers

44. doublefine7

The game window goes from Fullscreen into Windowed when the game is in the background, for example when you tabbed out because the tool needs the game to be active and injects the commands and while doing so the resolution gets changed into windowed mode.

• Like Like x 1
  45. ht-57

ht-57 Member

geloxo.
    trying to get this functioning and After not seeing the weather changes happen after sending said changes I checked the log in the ue4unlocker and noticed this-
    "[>ERROR<] :: One or more critical AOB offsets weren't found: tools aren't compatible with this game's version"
    I'm using the latest build #108, I'm curious as to weather this is the case or I have incorrectly configured the weather tool/ue4unlocker which is most likely the case.

• Like Like x 1
  46. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Sorry for late answer but I missed the posts... The windowed mode is something I have never seen myself and it should not happen. Neither my tool nor the unlocker are producing such behaviour as far as I know. One possibility is that ALT+Tab is artificially generated by any of the two tools or in combination with game if you used custom definitions in game, meaning that one of the used keyboard shortcuts includes either Alt or Tab keys. I personally deleted all unlocker shortcuts as I don't need them in game.

For the weather not updated be sure to launch unlocker at game menu or while at the driver's cab to ensure unlocker gets connected with game. Sometimes this does not work and even if you launch unlocker again it still does not work. In that case you need to launch game again. I have no idea about what csuses this as that tool is not mine... To be sure all worked fine you can just press console key and see if it's opening and close it afterwards. Then you will be fine using the weather updates. Both tools work well with latest game version. I used them yesterday.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  47. 5cip

5cip Active Member

great tool i must say
    but now everytime i close tsw2 i get an error message from the unreal engine where i can send report or not...
    anyone else ?

48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

geloxo Does this work with pc computers, or is it only for consoles cause i am confused about what you mean by console? Also is it safe to download?, cause I am not comfortable downloading something, that might have a virus.

Can you write down the step of how to use your tool for pc, step by step cause I don't know what is the correct step

49. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

The error message is normal 5cip. It can happen with some versions of the unlocker. With latest one it's random.

The tool is for PC only Pegasus and the unlocker is totally safe and virus free. Console is a debug feature which allows to send the variables to unreal engine from that external application. Console is activated by presing the tilde key. Just follow the steps written in my first post. It's very easy.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  50. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Just tried using this tool for the first time. I was on Sherman Hill with the SD70ACe and had the weather set to dynamic and notice that the rear wipers kept engaging at 100% speed. If i set them back to off a few minutes later they would again go back to 100% speed.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the dynamic weather and it using whichever key function the rear wipers use? Is this something that can be fixed?