Initial Thoughts On The Bakerloo Line (tsw 2)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bakerloo, Aug 20, 2020.

1. baker231

baker231 New Member

While on topic but risking a digression, how are the speed limits on the right hand side in the tunnels meant to be easily seen? How do the real world drivers do it?

I'm trying to run the line without the speedometer HUD but the speed limits in the tunnels on the right make that very tricky.

The only issues/niggles I've noted like some others are the clipping, the passengers either standing on the roof / seeming to ascend into the sky. The mods by londonmidland are very well received - thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Real drivers have to learn the route for months and drive with a "minder driver".
    They sit an exam and practical assessment before being let loose on their own.
    Same for any railway.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In fact, Matt mentioned in a stream that the little chime-melody that plays before announcements on the real TGV is not only copyrighted as a recording but as a song as well, so they couldn't use it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. msa982003

msa982003 New Member

Newbie to TSW2, been having a play about since I bought it a few days ago, not bad. Any news on the extra services for the Bakerloo line? Was having a play about in passenger mode and noticed gaps of 20+ mins in between trains...not even the current real life timetable is that bad ;)

5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It's been binned, sadly, because of issues regarding to the dispatcher (the AI that paths trains and the like) - it simply couldn't handle that many trains.

6. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Binned?! Not really, just not being worked on.

I imagine if see memory optimisation and core improvements, then it may be looked at again?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Oh I thought they'd completely binned it.

8. msa982003

msa982003 New Member

Oh that's disappointing :/

Hopefully that happens, to bring it to life a bit. I'm assuming it's the trains sitting in the depots that they were hoping to introduce into the service pattern?? Looks like 6 at London Road and 13 at Stonebridge Park

9. Clumsy Pacer

Yes, the trains you see sat in the depot would've been used in the expanded timetable.

10. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

It’s off the roadmap because as it stands, it’s not possible. But in the future with core updates, fingers crossed!