New Update Available!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 410nick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. 410nick

410nick Member

Hey guys just letting you know I was playing this morning and logged off for a few hours to nap. About 10 minutes ago I boot up the game and BOOM! It took me back to the dashboard prompting me to accept a 5.8 GB update. Not sure what it contains but I'm glad the developers are keeping their word and doing the best they can to give us a good experience with this platform!

Attached Files:

2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Confirming the update is live on the Xbox One. Updating myself now. Wonder what they've done, as this doesn't fit in with any normal patch submission and approval process timeline I've seen unless they've paid big bucks to push it through.

3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Would be great if the Devs could give us a change log. Looksoke the clock is better tied with the FPS now but other than that performance is the same for me

4. Hawk Eyye

Hawk Eyye New Member

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  5. Trainmania100

What is screen tearing?

6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's when the screen tears, literally... Build number is now 47.

7. Trainmania100

Ok lag still noticeable for me so must send them a ticket
    Clock is now slow as well as the lagging which probably helps keep to schedule but shows the lag
    Also the wipers are leaving behind lag trails too 30 miles at 60mph is taking me an hour and should technically only take 30 minutes

8. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Just updated and mines easiley runs on time now, infact the usuall 8-10 mins its take from reading to twyford just took 4, still lagging in places but im more then happy, just need longer routes now

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Just did a test scenario with the Class 166 train and for the first time since buying the game I was able to get to the stations on time. I was even early a couple of times and the drive felt much for relaxing. Thank you so much!

10. colorint

colorint Member

The games runs smoother on the Xbox One since the update thanks to v-sync enabled. Thanks for the great update, I'm looking forward to see future updates.

Suggestion for the next update:
    • Option to disable the HUD (.. for making nice screenshots)
    • fixing the blurred train wheels

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You can remove the HUD using a USB keyboard and holding Shift - F1
    The blurred train wheels is caused by the motion blur.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. 410nick

410nick Member

USB keyboards work with the Xbox One? I didn't know that. Can I purchase one at best buy?

13. 410nick

410nick Member

I just got finished doing a full run no Express from Paddington to Reading in a 166. I only ended up being about 30 secs late on the Base XB1. It was due to my improper braking though but it definitely beats being 15-20 mins late.

14. Del

Del New Member

So, users of the regular Xbox One... being very honest about the performance of the game after the update... Is it laggy, stuttery? Is there screen tearing? As much as I want to play a train simulator, I will not buy a janky early-access product.

15. Mr Blonde V

Mr Blonde V New Member

It was. Today's patch fixed that. Go ahead a buy it...you won't be disappointed.

16. 410nick

410nick Member

There's still quite a bit of lag but I'm sure it'll get patched soon enough. I'm just glad they resynced the game clock to match the framerates. The screen tearing issue really didn't bother me much cause I ignored it but other than that the game is still great and for the price it's at you cant beat it

17. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Buy it, think of it as an investment, over time you'll be glad you had to deal with some minor issues and will appreciate the game more!

18. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

Gave it a quick blast this morning and it is so much better now. Screen tearing is such an immersion breaker, so it's great to see it gone. It should look and perform pretty sweetly once they get an X enhanced patch out there.

19. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Del
    I would also say buy it. I have never played train sims before and came across this one by coincidence but I'm definitely hooked now. I bought it last week and was frustrated that I couldn't get to the stations on time but then I started driving the Class 66 engine which is fast becoming my favorite. But last night I installed the patch and tried one of the passenger services and it has improved a lot! I can now get to the stations on time and drive without stress. I'm looking forward to start driving the Class 166 more often.
    I don't really notice the lag that much on the Xbox One and it doesn't take anything away from the gameplay experience for me.
    Getting to know these trains and everything related to driving them is great fun and I look forward to the Xbox version being expanded even more.

20. 410nick

410nick Member

Okay so I just finished doing a run in the HST from paddington to reading. I was scheduled to depart at 1245 and arrive at reading at 1318. I didn't depart till about a minute later. I did between 121 and 127 the whole entire route and ended up reaching reading at 1308. 10 minutes early! I'm very impressed with this patch. I also took note that the acceleration and braking has been optimized much better and I literally bought my HST to reduced speed and a complete stop like it was a normal every day routine instead of hoping I wouldn't overshoot the station. There are small fragments of screentear and a little lag but I will definitely agree that the game is now enjoyable and I can play for hours on end! Great job DTG!! Now let's get those cab and Headlights working properly!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Del

Del New Member

Thank you for your response, but this is exactly what I DON'T want to do — invest. Too many game buyers —speaking generally here, not of you in particular — have this Stockholm syndrome relationship to game developers. They buy games that are not done and then thank the developers profusely for making incremental improvements as if they were indebted to the developers instead of it being the other way around. I have no interest in "supporting developers" or patiently waiting for fixes that may or may not come. If the answer is that the game still lags (and several people have confirmed that now), I'll still wait, or not buy at all. The enjoyment of a train sim, it would seem to me, depends a lot on your being able to watch the world go by, enjoying the illusion of being on a train — that's the game, not just meeting the timetable deadline. If that view isn't smooth, if you're constantly thinking about the game's performance instead of enjoying that illusion, I don't think the game is a success. People's tolerance for lag varies, I guess, but I have a feeling that it would not, as you say, help me appreciate the game more.

22. russianchip

russianchip Guest

OK up to you as it's your money, I can only give my opinion. I'm off to drive trains on my Xbox.

• Like Like x 3
  23. 410nick

410nick Member

To each his own. When it comes to developers I still know it's a real life job that comes with a lot of stress. I hear it from the PC universe all of the time "Why are you bringing this to a console?" The amount of detail that goes into these simulators are ridiculous and I'm not surprised if a console couldn't handle the pressure. That's why I'm grateful to play such a simulator even if somethings are still missing. Now if DTG was a major developer like EA, Activision, 2k or Rockstar games, then I'll be all down their throats or even boycotting their games for introducing microtransactions instead of single player DLC. I can understand why you're willing to wait but to say that players are kissing the toes of a low funded developer that barely tweaks with consoles is uncalled for. I literally begged these guys on Facebook and on other pages to bring this to a console. Now it wouldn't be fair to them if I just throwed them immediate harsh criticism for a product that they stated "Wont see the full release until the end of the year". Especially if they're still trying to figure out how the new engine works. The sad thing is they could cancel all development for consoles and stick with PC and we have to go into our pockets to buy one. I'll take a 24 dollar game over a 60 dollar game that requires you to put in 300 dollars or more just enjoy it anyday.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Del

Del New Member

For the record, 410nick, I was not speaking of buyers of this game in particular nor of developers of this game in particular, nor did I phrase it as "toe kissing."

25. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Pretty Much you are Del, What your saying is a double Standard, And if you dont like to support the developers then why are you even here? If you cant put up with bugs and lag on this game then its not for you. Me aswell as many other members are happy with the game and its a base game not the full game and every game you get has bugs and some lag and thats what the developers do in terms of bug fixes patches and updates

• Like Like x 5
  26. Stewiegriffinjm

Stewiegriffinjm New Member

The Xbox One X or S will perform better than the Regular Xbox One but the updates that are made should be the same to accommodate for lag.