Is There A Reason To Do The Side Missions?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by vogelm10, Mar 16, 2021.

1. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

So is there a reason to do all the little side missions on each line like changing fences and putting up posters and maps? I've never actually gone through and tried to do them because it didn't seem like they have a purpose. Am I missing something?

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You are not missing much, as you can mainly ignore them. They are there to do them if you like. On Bakerloo one of the tasks is fixing the monitors at the end of the platform, so that enhances the route if you do it. There are posters and maps on stations in most routes which add to the scenery. One of the nicest things about looking for other things (like broken fences) that may not be at stations is you get to have a look around the scenery. There are logs very close to the tracks on NTP so getting rid of them means you no longer need to look at them as you pass on trains, so that’s an incentive to jump out of a train and tidy up. It’s mainly just a bit of fun and something to make use of the on-foot feature of TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

and some routes you can get achivements

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Depends if you like exploring routes and unlocking achievements.

5. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I do them if it’s convenient. If I see a blank route map and I’m close I’ll jump out and put one up. Same with the newspapers.

• Like Like x 2
  6. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I always ignored it and what david5150 said, if I see something missing while on a station, I go to it and collect it. But recently I started to try to get all collectibles in all routes that I own. I just need to do 8 routes and Im done :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Personally I don’t care much about these, but for example they have light bulbs that need to be replaced on the Tees valley line. These types of jobs I do enjoy, as driving past a blinking light after a while gives you a nice feeling if you replace it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I love doing the tasks on the routes, I have a great time looking for them. Also, by going on foot I discover many visual or auditory details that the route builders have included and that are often not visible from the train. These little things make TSW great for me and give it added value.

• Like Like x 2
  9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I find the jobs on the Isle of Wight to be enjoyable as it’s a smaller route, I usually have enough time while loading passengers to take a walk around the station to find at least a couple. As for the collectibles that are located between stations such as the fallen trees on NTP I haven’t really done any of those.

• Like Like x 1
  10. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Im then always lazy so I just grab a manual :P

11. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’ve done a few trees near the stations. Then took a Class 101 on scenario planner to get more but lost patience with it :D

12. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I spend most of my time, unlock doors, out of the cab, run down one side of the platform along the fences/around buildings, cross the line, run the other side of the platform along the fence/around buildings, back in to cab, lock doors!

West Somerset is great as some of the layover times can be over 5 minutes! Other routes are quick so you've gotta beat the clock, you've gotta beat the clock (one for the Mark and Lard fans!)

• Like Like x 2
  13. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

STOP!

Carry on.

14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Im not a big fan of them, especially on a route like Sand Patch Grade....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I ignore them. They would just distract me from doing what I really want to do- drive trains. No objection to other players doing them if they wish.