Free Roam Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by powdermonkey, Mar 20, 2018.

1. powdermonkey

powdermonkey New Member

I was wondering if DTG might consider adding a free roam mode, such as in MSTS (I know TS20x does this too, but its a dit different). When you are the only train on a route and have free run of it, I have found it to be very useful for exploring and really learning a route.

Also, do sidings, main lines etc have labels, and how do I display these if so?

• Like Like x 2
  2. SimFan

SimFan Member

They already have this mode in Train Sim World.

When you go into services, you just choose your TSW character, then choose weather conditions and then a starting station.
    Only problem is, you need to find a time when there are actual trains at the station for you to take control of.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  3. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I was thinking the same, class 66 light engine, just exploring points, sidings etc which you don't get in any service. That train wash running is really intriguing!

4. stay4evergaming

stay4evergaming Member

i'd like a quick run mode from ts20xx where we get to pick any train on any track and not have a time table to follow and get an eta depending on what stops we took ect that I found very fun

• Like Like x 4
  5. SimFan

SimFan Member

I remember that feature from the very first microsoft train simulator :) and yes, it would be a nice addition to train sim world :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

This was basically what we wanted to achieve with service mode, but with more ties to real life timetables and operations.

I think there's still some work to be done and a bit of refining of service mode as it is currently before it is able to fill the free roam/quick drive shoes, but we have a lot of cool ideas for the feature that hopefully will see the light of day relatively soonish, so bear with us :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Smal suggestion to improve the service mode: Make us start in the yards with a disabled train and no passengers inside so we can actually use the knowledge we get from completing the tutorial. Its a little unrealistic how every train is almost ready2go and how passengers are already in the train before opening the doors.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Don't mean to ruin your day but services tend to be moved to their starting position by Depot Drivers or Shunters, so will most of the time be ready to rock and roll. Mainline drivers do very little train preparation to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

well it's here now so...