Vossebanen Bergen-voss In Norway!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nsbtog18, Jan 29, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. nsbtog18

nsbtog18 Well-Known Member

Vossebanen, railway section between Voss and Bergen, the oldest part of the Bergen line. The line was started in 1875 and opened in 1883. The stretch was originally 106.7 km long, with 52 tunnels and 15 stops. After several line changes, the Vossebanen is today 86 km. The original stations of the track were designed by Balthazar Lange. Vossebanen is urban but also scenic.
    There is quite a lot of passenger trains but also a lot of freight traffic on the line.

The stations
    (Note: the FLIRT trains you see in the picture have incorrect livery compared to 2021, many of the pictures are a few years old)

[​IMG]
    Bergen station is located at kilometer 471.25 from Oslo S over Roa. The station is located 3.9 meters above sea level. It was opened in 1913 when the current station in Bergen was completed

[​IMG]
    Bergen freight terminal Nygårdstangen is centrally located by Bergen station in the city center. The terminal is Norway's second largest freight terminal measured in freight volume.

[​IMG]
    Arna station is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 461.93 from Oslo S over Roa. The station is located 8.0 meters above sea level. It was opened in 1964 when the Ulrikken tunnel with associated line diversion was completed. Arna station also has large local traffic.

(The station has been completely renovated and rebuilt so I did not find a new picture but hope this holds)

[​IMG]
    Trengereid station was opened when the Vossebanen was completed in 1883. Trengereid is located on the Bergen line, and is 452.41 km from Oslo S and 15.7 meters above sea level. All local trains on the Vossebanen stop at Trengereid.

[​IMG]
    Vaksdal station is located on the Bergen line, and is 440.53 km from Oslo S over Roa. The station is located 16 meters above sea level. It was opened in 1883 when the Vossebanen was completed. Only the night trains of the Bergensbanen long-distance train stop at Vaksdal. In addition, a number of local trains stop. The station was modernized in 2013

[​IMG]

Stanghelle station was opened in 1883 when the Vossebanen was completed. Stanghelle is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 432.22 and 2.5 meters above sea level. All local trains on the Vossebanen stop at Stanghelle.

[​IMG]

Dale station is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 425.29 from Oslo S over Roa. The station is located 43.4 meters above sea level. It was opened in 1883 when the Vossebanen was completed. Of the long-distance trains on the Bergen line, some of the express trains stop in addition to the night trains at Dale. The station also has a number of local trains that stop.

[​IMG]
    Bolstadøyri station was opened in 1883 when the Vossebanen was completed. The station is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 414.13 from Oslo S. Bolstadøyri has today a stop by the local trains on Vossebanen.

[​IMG]
    Evanger station was opened in 1883 when the Vossebanen was completed. Evanger is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 403, 66 from Oslo S and 15.5 meters above sea level. All local trains on the Vossebanen stop in Evanger.

[​IMG]
    The Seimsgrend stop was established as a stop in 1936. The stop is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 396.16 from Oslo S. Not all local trains stop at Seimsgrend, as there are about six trains that stop every day.

[​IMG]

Bulken station was opened in 1883 when the Vossebanen was completed. Bulken is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 392.55 from Oslo S. All local trains on Vossebanen stop at Bulken.

[​IMG]

Voss station is located on Bergensbanen's kilometer 385.32 from Oslo S over Roa. The station is located 56.5 meters above sea level. It was opened in 1883 when the Vossebanen was completed. The station has a universal design.

Rolling stock

Vy BM 75
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is BM 75 it runs these local lines:

• Bergen-Arna
    • Bergen-Arna-Trengereid-Vaksdal-Stanghelle-Dale-Bolstadøyri-Evanger-Seimsgrend-Bulken-Voss
    • Bergen-Arna-Trengereid-Vaksdal-Stanghelle-Dale-Bolstadøyri-Evanger-Bulken-Voss
    BM 75 runs these reigional lines:
    I write the final destinations that are not between Bergen and Voss in parentheses.
    • Bergen-Arna-Trengereid-Vaksdal-Stanghelle-Dale-Bolstadøyri-Evanger-Seimsgrend-Bulken-Voss-(Mjølfjell)
    • Bergen-Arna-Trengereid-Vaksdal-Stanghelle-Dale-Bolstadøyri-Evanger-Bulken-Voss-(Myrdal)
    • Bergen-Arna-Voss-(Ål)

[​IMG]

BM69
    This is BM 69 it runs these local lines:
    • Bergen-Arna
    • Bergen-Arna-Trengereid-Vaksdal-Stanghelle-Dale-Bolstadøyri-Evanger-Seimsgrend-Bulken-Voss
    • Bergen-Arna-Trengereid-Vaksdal-Stanghelle-Dale-Bolstadøyri-Evanger-Bulken-Voss

• Like Like x 19
  2. nsbtog18

Possible DLC

[​IMG]
    For long-distance trains, we have this train here, EL18.
    It runs these routes:
    • Bergen-Arna-Dale-Voss-(Oslo S)

[​IMG]

This is RE it runs Nygårdstangen-Voss- (Alnabru)

[​IMG]

This is EuroDual it runs Nygårdstangen-Voss- (Alnabru) EuroDual is a hybrid and can run on electricity and diesel.

[​IMG]
    This is EL 14 it runs Nygårdstangen-Voss- (Alnabru)

[​IMG]
    This is EL 16 it runs Nygårdstangen-Voss- (Alnabru)

[​IMG]
    This is BR 185 it runs Nygårdstangen-Voss- (Alnabru)

[​IMG]
    This is BR 187 it runs Nygårdstangen-Voss- (Alnabru)

[​IMG]
    This is T44 the shunter freight cars in Bergen.

[​IMG]
    This is SKD 224 the shunter freight cars in Bergen.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 19
  3. ScandiTrains

ScandiTrains Member

Another great suggestion! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

If they ever add a norwegian route, pleeeeease DTG don't forget to add northern lights to the game. I know this sounds more easy than it is. But if a skandinavian country ever makes it into the TSW, aurora borealis is a must have

• Like Like x 3
  5. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

Hello.

This ia my first post.

First of all, thank you for a splendid suggestion. Im from Norway, live in Bergen and work as a train conductor based in Bergen. Im working both on the local trains to Voss and Myrdal and on long distanse trains to Oslo.
    If DTG need informasjon about the route they can take a look on this channel on YouTube. RailCowGirl. She is a driver and collegue of me and have 305K followers. Here you have 100 of hours of 4k videos from the cab on the Bergen Line and Bergen - Voss.
    https://youtube.com/c/RailCowGirl

Btw. Those Bm75 pictures is taken by me, first one at Stanghelle station and the second one at Romslo between Arna and Trengereid. .

• Like Like x 7
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I like this suggestion. (Although not a fan of that modern BM75 train). Love the older locos in the pictures, landscape looks pretty awesome too and it'd be cool to see a new country in the game :)

7. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Very good and detailed suggestion! The scenery is awesome, my grandmother actually worked as a tour guid in the area. I prefer the older stock, I like the weird and unique look of the EL 16 in particular, it reminds me of the locos on the Flåmsbana, which I've always liked. All in all a fun new country and route.

8. nsbtog18

I love the pictures, I think I have seen them in Norske Jernbanebilder on facebook.

9. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

That is correct. They was posten there. The pictures was taken in a outing in september 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

El 16 and El 17 have the same look but they are not related. El 16 is actualy a Swedish RC locomotive in disquise and EL 17 is buildt in Germany by Henchel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea one of these locomotives can come as a reskin that's the BR187 since their first route is SKA. Speaking of the Norwegian signaling system is it identical to the Swedish system or not?

12. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

Not it isnt. Not at all. There is some similarities but not much.
    For example. The more green lights in Sweeden the more more you have to reduce speed.
    In Norway however 2 green in the Main signal mean full track speed ahead.

13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Upvote from me on the route suggestion.

14. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me and I'm wondering if EBICAB 700 is used by the Norwegian Railway Network as the train safety system or not? Because Norwegian Railway train safety systems will require players to adopt them since it might work differently than the German PZB LZB Sifa UK AWS TPWS DSD France UK HS1 TVM 430 KVB & United States and Canada Alerter.

15. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

The safty system used in Norwegian trains is called ATC. Automatic train control.
    You have 2 Main modes within the ATC system. DATC and FATC.
    DATC is only controling red signals and stop you ig u pass them, also the speed profile to toward a restricting signal.
    FATC is controlling signals but also the speed limit on the line.
    Norwegian trains also have SIFA.

16. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about more in-depth the Norwegian Railway train safety systems since players might get confused to how they work.

17. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Nice rolling stock, and I don't need to comment on the quality of Norwegian surroundings.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  18. Commiee

I wanted to enrich this suggestion with a cab ride video. I found two of the route between Bergen and Voss:

I also realised that when I first commented here, I had missed the second post where the Eurodual was proposed as a DLC. It's one of my three favourite machines outside Japanese rolling stock, so I want to add further support to this suggestion after realising it could be part of this proposal.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  19. jolojonasgames

I've also incidentally been watching cab rides from this route, and I especially like the snowy ones. I'd be hugely in favour of this route coming to TSW!

I would like to add the NSB/Vy El 18 with B7 coaches to the suggestion aswell, as it seems to be prevalent on cab rides, and generally is an interesting locomotive that I'd like to see.

[​IMG]
    Vy El 18 with B7 coaches.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Commiee

Do you have a link to a winter season ride between Bergen-Voss? Would be interesting to see how it looks in snow.

21. jolojonasgames

There you go, the Bergen - Voss section is until 1:32:40

And another one, the Voss - Bergen section starts at 2:35:40

The Bergen - Voss section is less snowy overall than the hills beyond Voss are, still pretty snowy nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Commiee

Here's a Green Cargo Eurodual 9002 running freight between Oslo and Hønefoss on Vossebanen

[​IMG]

Source

• Like Like x 1
  23. GameFlamz

GameFlamz New Member

I think this route would be a great addition to the game, but I don't think this should be the first Norwegian route in TSW. My fear is that DTG might not have capacity to get to know another system, model three new trains and make the very difficult scenery along this route. In that case we meet might end up with another Arosa Linie.

My suggestion is that we start with a route in the Oslo region, for example the Stabekk-Ski route operating from Stabekk west of Oslo, through the city centre and southwards along the Oslo fjord to Ski. As I think this route has a bit simpler, but still quite nice scenery. I think this would be a better start for DTG to get into the Norwegian network, and when they later might add the Voss-Bergen route they already know the network, have two of three trains required for the route (the type 69 and type 75), and will then get to focus more on the scenery and the EL18.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Commiee

We have an optimistic new member of the playerbase who expects DtG to produce not one but several Norwegian routes! Ah, the good times when I first joined and was like that, before witnessing the soul-crushing optimism -> hope -> wondering -> frustration -> resignation process we all have undergone in the hands of the Eternal Holy Trinity circular route production pipeline.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. GameFlamz

GameFlamz New Member

Yes, I know this, but I am thinking long term.
    As we saw with Swiss routes we first got the Arosa Linie: a line with good looking rolling with sparse scenery (according to the reviews I've read. Eventually we got the S-Bahn Luzern-Sursee, a quite enjoyable route in my opinion.

If Vossebanen ends up like the Arosa Linie DTG will most likely never reattempt the route. My suggestion is to first get an overall nice looking route, and maybe a few years later get a polished version of Vossebanen.

We saw it with the Swiss routes and might happen again with Norwegian routes.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  26. Commiee

The lack of quality in Arosa was a result of Rivet's design decisions (which they said were dictated by a lack of console power), not their inexperience or absence of a prior Swiss route in TSW. So you could have a developer coming in and producing a high-quality Norwegian route from the start, that's not really the issue. The issue is that we have no developer that seems to have capability, resources and interest in recreating a Norwegian route in TSW, just like with other countries with great railway routes we are lacking in the sim.