Train Sim World 2 - Arosa Approaches

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 11, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m getting a day one discount. I’ve got twenty quids worth of reward points :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Just added to Youtube

• Like Like x 5
  3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Very interesting to see how they do all the modeling.

• Like Like x 3
  4. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I’m impressed at how much they can transfer from classic Train Simulator.
    Must save a lot of time that they can then spend on the detailing.

5. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I have to say it does look great. Unfortunately it’s not my area of interest either so I won’t be buying it. but, high hopes for the next one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I am very excited we are finally getting our first route in Switzerland. The history behind the route itself and that it’s the first route that will have passenger/freight at the same time but also it will have us driving through the streets. It has me very enthused. “The 25 km long Arosa Line winds its way from Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland, up to the Summer and Winter tourist resort of Arosa. The line was opened in December 1914 to both passengers and freight.” way to go Rivet!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

TBH I'd be very happy if Rivet brought all their other RHB routes across to TSW 2. There's a lot of great stuff for them to draw upon.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Do you think that we will get request stops like the TS version or not?

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

DTG's marketing and PR people could take a page from Rivet's book when it comes to using "making of" videos to generate pre-release interest.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Yes, Rivet have already said we will get them. I think it was over on their own forum.

11. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not for this route, sorry!

There is no pre-order on Xbox - seems to be some kind of misunderstanding. :/

Yes, we do have working request stops in the train & on the platforms. But the request stops won't interact with the AI trains.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  12. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Jasper_Rivet, have we a tinny chance what we can get Allegra ABe 8/12 for Arosa Line? *_*

• Like Like x 1
  13. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Just wait and see. I can't speak for them, but i think it is very likely that we will see more swiss routes in TSW by RVG. And when that's the case, we might also see the Allegra one day. I think Rivet knows that this one is highly requested. I think it depends on how well the Arosa is sold. They were pretty famous on TS. And if the TSW community also is that open to Swiss, chances are high we see more RhB/SBB-Routes. I am pretty excited and already preordered it because other than IOW this route really looks interesting to me. I'm curious to see what the next route project after Arosa will be!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tigert1966

I’m also hoping for the Allegra.

Totally agree with the post above. If Arosa does well we are more likely to see more RHB from Rivet and that can only increase the chances of the Allegra turning up.

Looking at what they released for TS2021, they have done a few add on packs in the past, so fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder when we’ll get a first glimpse of Hamburg Lübeck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Soon™️

• Like Like x 2
  17. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Just wondering, what is the reason for no PIS?

18. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Wrong Thread.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tigert1966

Is there any? Admittedly the last time I was there was a while ago. The only PIS I remember for the RhB platform was the one for all the trains going from Chur, not just RhB ones,which wouldn’t really make sense to implement. I don’t remember anything for the RhB trains.

I could well be wrong. Time to watch some cab rides and see if I can spot anything.

Maybe there is and they didn’t think it was worth the effort. I think there was 1 station on IOW that has PIS in real life, but not in the game.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  20. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Looks like rivet have gone one step further with the traffic model on this route:

• Like Like x 9
  21. Michael Newbury

Awesome video love how they are able to get vehicle traffic so well done.

22. Tigert1966

This keeps looking better each time they release an update.

The cars are far too colourful for Switzerland though. Just looking out of my window I can only see black, silver and white ones. (This is true, but not really a serious complaint)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The interaction with the traffic is very important on this route through the chur area and it seems that Rivet has taken it seriously and worked hard to make it possible and give us the best experience, well done!

• Like Like x 5
  24. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is a good starting point to introduce cars crossing the level crossings as well. I agree, in general the cars in TSW are too colourful. It would be better to make a larger percentage neutral in colours. This problem occurs in all routes. Similar issue with buses, there are just to many.

25. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Although today's video is WIP it gives us an idea of how sad and lifeless it would be to see the city without pedestrians. I hope there will be plenty of them in the streets in the final version.

26. solicitr

The dismal fashion of contemporary car buyers- according to a recent study, 2/3 of the cars sold in the US last year were black, white or gray (incl. metallic gray/silver).

27. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I have a black car, it was about $1,000 cheaper than any other color. I can never have silver, because the wife thinks it's an "old person's color". My previous car was fire engine red. I liked it a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The traffic control is impressive, but I still can’t get over how cartoony the graphics look. You can tell immediately that it’s a computer generated image, whereas some of the screenshots on other routes make you look twice as to whether it’s a real image or one taken from the game. It just doesn’t feel ‘real’ to me. Something is missing somewhere and I’m not sure what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

The route and vehicle traffic looks good. I really hope they add pedestrians as well but I'll wait and see tommorow.

30. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

TSW is nowhere near of the feeling "oh is that real of a game" ahahahah. Look at The Bus, Tram Sim and Euro truck per example. Those are impressive games in terms of graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I disagree. Some parts of TSW 2 routes, especially in certain light can look very realistic. I accept improvements can be made to make it look even more realistic though.

• Like Like x 6
  32. helderbrincolas

The lightning on TSW is awfull, but in termos of graphics is good for modern days. Improving lightning, skies, different seasons and implementing dynamic wheater should be a big prioraty for DTG, but whatever this is just off topic.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The trailer looks really cool. It definitely seems that even the distant scenery is fairly populated, but then again the shots might be made specifically to show/hide.

Only one glaring issue would be the crazy pantograph jump after leaving the tunnel at 0:32. Catenary height probably changes too fast there.

I am also very interested as to why there haven't been any shots of the freight car they've made for the route in any of these videos/trailers... why are you hiding it, Rivet?

35. solicitr

It's interesting that all the shots in Chur running on the streets are in winter- possibly to 'explain' the complete absence of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.

36. solicitr

I'm seeing the spring-loaded panto simply following the rather dramatic change in cat height at the tunnel exit.

37. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I too wondered where that had got to.

38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One thing that video shows is just how complex the route *editor* etc. actually is. No wonder it hasn't been put on general release!

Edited to add Editor!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Yep , that’s why this route particularly shines out I think

40. solicitr

It certainly has required Rivet to do things within TSW2 that nobody has attempted before.

41. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I meant the route *editor*!

42. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Considering the crazy stunts people have pulled in TSW without the editor... I'd say nothing is too complex. Any creation would take time, but people would definitely prefer having a complex tool to no tool at all... and the results would come surprisingly quick.

• Like Like x 1
  43. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

You can't really use DTG as a measure of quality route/loco building, it's even more true if you count in TS. The other day I thought I'd try out one of the german routes that came with TS.. I thought "is it really as bad as they say", then I started driving, the first issue was the loco's sifa not working correctly but I soon found a way to make it work by doing some random stuff in the game.. got of driving at last, everything worked and I was like "this route isn't bad at all, it looks pretty nice".. 2 minutes later I see the top 1/3 of a semi truck clipping through the tracks in front of me.. Did DTG bother to fix it..nope, no can do. Which is why I avoid DTG routes and locos like the plague unless it has assets required for proper routes. I really wish they changed their policy on this, since I love their games, as it is now the addons are ruining the reputation of the company.

44. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

The only PIS system can be found in Chur. The reason for not implementing was mainly that we focused on other parts of the route instead - given the fact that we had to implement new typical RhB features, like the shared signals, the guard signal box or the stop on request system.

The freight car is still there, don't worry! ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  45. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thanks Jasper. Given there is only one PIS on the route, leaving it out isn't a big issue in my opinion :) The loco looks great btw. Great job!

46. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

yes, im my eyes, the PIS in stations should not be the main focus point on this line, it would be nice to have, but not necessary. But your informations are already wrong, Arosa also has PIS.

Happy to hear about the freight car, I hope you find a nice way to add it into timetable mode.

What I am missing a bit is the PIS on the train. As all the coaches do not have any Screens, in reality they would add signs on the side of the coaches with the destinations. Would have been really nice to add those so.

47. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Hmm, did you have the red one when you pulled your Mrs?....:D

48. helderbrincolas

I'm moving to PC, this company ruined TSW which as a lot of potencial. I hope Sim rail smashes DTG

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. Michael Newbury

Just put on to Youtube

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  50. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

So that's very interesting !!

So if I understand correctly, if we take the train as a passenger, we can make a request for a stop at the station even if normally it should not stop?

It's pretty cool I think, I take the train as a passenger from time to time on other DTG routes on TSW2 and frankly I find this idea very nice.

• Like Like x 2