I Really Like Driving The Br423

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cwf.green, Mar 19, 2021.

1. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I picked up Munich-Augsburg over the March sale and being a fan of high speed/long distance trains I thought I would mostly spend my time in the ICE3 but I've so far probably finished 10 of the timetable scenarios with the BR423, which is more time than I've spent in any TSW DLC ever.

You have to drive quite aggressively to keep to the time table (which seems pretty reasonable since it's a commuter train). I like to start in maybe 40-50% and then go into full throttle around 10 km/h so as not to make the passengers fall over but at the same time not lose too much time ;) and then when I have to stop its straight into 80% braking which keeps me pretty much on time if I estimated the braking point correctly.

The only thing I'm sad about is that they didn't model the underground station at Munich Hauptbahnhof.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Ok

3. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

I mean no offense, but do you just comment "ok" on posts to drive up your number of posts in your profile, seeing as you're a "well-known member" after only two months? OP and I don't even have that level after two years here. Otherwise it really doesn't do much to drive conversation forward. I don't see the reason to comment something that doesn't add anything or spur further discussion. As for this post, though, I like the 423 as well. The bad brakes make it a challenging drive, and I just love the door opening and closing lighting.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m sorry about this . I found this thread and wanted to go and watch videos and research the 423 myself , and share my opinion with you . I commented ‘ok’ because I was acknowledging that I had seen this and would research the 423 , which I probably should have said in the first place. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do much research on the 423 or watch many videos , so I never got round to replying to you .
    Ps I don’t really care about being a ‘well known member’ , I just want to interact with people on the forums and talk about trains , bugs , etc. I’ll share some of my thoughts about the 423 later when I have done some more research . Sorry again

5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I also like the 423 a lot. The aggressive type of driving required is great fun. I’m forever playing a game with myself seeing how late I can throw the brakes on and hit the stop marker (Sorry Passengers). Add to that the amount and variety of traffic on the route and ICE’s flying down the fast line, München Augsburg is rapidly becoming a favourite along with South Eastern Highspeed (mainly for the sounds of the 465).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

I agree! The 423 is an excellent machine, the sluggish brakes gives it more of a challenge, it sounds great, it looks pretty and so on.
    Actually, after reading this thread, I wanna go drive the 423 myself!

Have an awesome day :)

• Like Like x 4