Gwe Update For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, Mar 19, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    78.1%
  2. No, and don't suggest anything like this again

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hi all, todays post is about an Enhancement for Great Western Express, as because DTG Has done such a good job with the Diesel Legends pack and this pack would bring a lot more enhanced experience on the already amazing route, but as normal, i will split this into 2 sectors: Description & Locomotives
    Description
    So i was thinking a modern Great western route so it has Full-route Overhead wires, newer locomotives & possibly an extension to Oxford or Swindon [But i don't reallly think these extensions will happen as an enhancements] and it could be the same price as a route because it could include new locomotives will be below, and this route can be even better if DTG Get Licensing for TFL Rail, we could have Class 345 Aventras running along the route to the termini, Reading & Paddington.
    Locomotives
    Class 387 [Included]
    [​IMG]
    Class 166 [Already in-game/ Maybe an update so the PIS works?]
    [​IMG]
    Class 800 [Included]
    [​IMG]
    Class 57 + Mk3 Sleeper Coaches [Night Riviera DLC]
    [​IMG]
    Mk3 Night Riviera Sleeper & Lounge [Night Riviera DLC]
    View attachment 49195
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I think that they should instead give us the 7 branches on the existing section, perhaps even the short line from Old Oak Common via Perivale to Greenford as well.
    As for stock, we are missing Class 165/1 and Class 180 DMUs along with Class 57 +Mk3 Sleepers.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

I don’t think I could justify spending £24.99 on the same route but set 5 years later, not enough has changed really. If they did an older version say in the 60s or 70s maybe, but not 2020. I’d rather they make a different section of the GWML with the locos you’ve suggested than remake something we’ve already got.

• Like Like x 2
  4. djhawtin1

Yes but out of 4 people 3 said yes, that proves that it's more wanted than a extension, i know thats a small number but proves more people want a enhancement set 5 years after the route was first released with new locomotives, Crossrail, Improvements to paddington, and a connection to the Bakerloo line and is more content for TSW Is worth it and look at diesel legends, yes it was a great sucess at launch but if that was a sucsess it would mean that a lot of more people will want a modern GWE with more locomotives, and services.

• Like Like x 1
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Totally agree with the older 1960s or 70's GWE. If they threw in all of the branches too, I'd bite their arm off at the shoulder. A few more classic classes of traction would be the icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

With the almost infinite number of railways out there I doubt DTG would want to be remaking routes every time there is a slight change in what trains use the route. The GWE is what it is and they shouldn’t make a new version of it at the expense of something else. Different era timetable packs are a different matter though and should be made where appropriate if there is enough of a difference to warrant it. They will never be perfect due to infrastructure and scenery changes but it’s too soon in real time and in game time for a newer GWE route that includes the same section. Come back in five years maybe?

7. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

I would love to see a modern twist to this route with maybe a extension to somewhere better than just Reading. If not further west then maybe extended the route to the branch lines that already exist.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

A modern gwe route has been requested many times and the fact they haven't made it yet is quite odd and would be a missed opportunity if it wasn't made. Something like this would sell well especially if it went to Bristol Temple Meads. Yet they go and make an inaccurate representation of the route in the 70s which wasn't asked for and didn't get a positive reception. Also we haven't gotten any licensed Great Western Railway content since gwe released 4 years ago so I think a modern electrified version of this route should come but it should go from London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads to justify the price so it won't be a similar version of the current route we have but with overhead wires especially since they have new tech to make longer routes with all the trains you suggested

• Like Like x 2
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I would agree with the extension in this will introduce another new type of train the class 802 Electro-Diesel Train. Your tutorial will be set in the same Depot as the HST Old Oak Common complete with mode changing tutorial. Furthermore, the stopping Services can be done by a TFL Class 345 or GWR Class 387 from Paddington Station using the local Tracks that leaves Express tracks for Class 57 London Paddington to Penzance sleeper trains & Class 802s. Regarding the Class 802, it can fit into another Classic route Northern TransPennine Manchester Huddersfield Leeds via Standege Tunnel.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Perhaps have it so that the 387 comes as default with all the stopping services reflecting pre-tfl rail takeover and a 345 add on dlc that will change the timetable to reflect present day.

Would definitely suggest full electrification from Paddington to Reading at least and perhaps an extension to Didcot Parkway or Oxford

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I voted Yes but qualify that it should be an 80's or 90's retrofit with either all the Thames Valley branches filled in (apart from Heathrow), or an extension towards Oxford and/or Swindon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No Vern, everyone is complaining the route isn’t modern enough, so suggesting they make it older is just going to annoy them :D which I fully support.

• Like Like x 6
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Why what?

14. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I would love an 80's route but I would settle for a modern route. My main concern isn't the era it is the length of it. Paddington to Reading is not the GWE/GWR. It for me is Paddington to Bristol and possibly South Wales. DTG have said time and time again they are not against longer routes but only if they are interesting, so can we assume DTG think anything past Reading is not interesting?

I maybe biased (aren't we all?) but the GWE is a popular route, real life too. It used to be the fastest route no? IMO it would be worth it and profitable, money here waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  15. djhawtin1

• Like Like x 3
  16. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

If you think the Legends was a flop, you wouldn’t be able to move for negativity if they did a re run of the GWE set 5 years later with very little change. Instead of focusing on different routes that are not already in game.

As for Paddington to Bristol at 117 miles it would take at least 3 routes if we factor in the length of current routes. So the full route would cost £75.

The best bet is to extend the branches and offer a class 165 in the pack or extend to Oxford with a Class 800

17. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

What negativity. A modern GWE would be easier. They would only have to change the platform length, Crossrail area at Paddington, construction sites at stations and put Overhead wires. Which can be done if they actually try. And it could only go to Oxford if Bristol is too long

• Like Like x 2
  18. djhawtin1

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  19. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Easier yes but it would still cost and players would be reluctant to buy something that has little changes. I’d prefer them to add the branches and a class 165 for £25 rather than update the route for £25, any update they do wouldn't be free

• Like Like x 1
  20. djhawtin1

I Was not meaning in the title as i have put, It Isn't an Update as such, just a Newer route version not a proper update

21. tallboy7648

But it's something that many wanted for a while so I don't see it being negative and I also said a longer modern version of the current gwe route. The 70s pack is something that not many wanted and mostly got negative reviews

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

Nobody was asking for a 80s version in the thread. DTG already made an innacurate representation of the route in the 70s though

• Like Like x 2
  23. jacobfiremanz

jacobfiremanz Member

This is why I suggested Bristol to Paignton yesterday as it has countryside sea views and a lot of the same locos

• Like Like x 1
  24. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Bristol to Paignton would in current route length miles cost around £75

25. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I’m just saying if DTG were to produce a new GWE route set just 5 years since the last one they would charge £24.99 and that would upset people who would prefer a brand new route. I personally wouldn’t buy an updated route but then again I think the Legends pack is fantastic so it really is each to their own

26. tallboy7648

You know dtg have said that they wouldn't increase prices of a dlc regardless of route length. It appars as well routes are getting longer and longer as well and the price has stayed the same

• Like Like x 2
  27. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I doubt they would model Bristol Temple Meads to Paignton at route length of over 100 miles for £24.99 with new locos / multiple units. The longest route I have is SEHS at 51 miles with a rehash of a 377 to a 375. Don’t get me wrong I’d like a Bristol -Paignton route but I understand the amount of work involved

28. driverwoods#1787

You do have a point there and if they do that Class 166 & 165 is retained while the Express Services become a mix of these trains Class 800 802s & HST. The tutorial for Class 800 & 802 Electro-Diesel Trains will be Old Oak common Depot

29. djhawtin1

That Price wouln't reflect the improvements done to the work, it would Reflect the work to the New Locomotives

30. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Surely it would be more benificial to model a different route with bi-mode units instead of re-do GWE. The class 800 type units are found on quite a few routes now. Adding the wires to Reading would just enable you to use on 25kV overhead. The same as if it were on the ECML?

EDIT - you could always repaint and use them on diesel on GWE in scenario planner

31. tallboy7648

The longest route so far is the lgv route which is 59 miles and the price has been the same and will be surpassed by Clinchfield Railroad which is 62 miles long and will be standard price so it seems routes will be getting longer and longer but the price hasn't increased. I hear this over and over that longer route length means increased prices but that simply has not and will not be the case

32. djhawtin1

If theres nothing Beneficial from you to support this thread, Please Unwatch this thread

• Like Like x 1
  33. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Don’t be like that. All members have equal rights to add to a conversation and that includes people who have alternative views to your own. It’s nothing personal and someone else’s alternative view may benefit the overall conversation.

What you have described as an update to the current GWE isn’t going to happen for many reasons. It’s also equally unlikely that the same route would be repeated so soon after the original version, in both real world route terms and TSW release terms, so suggesting a different route with the trains you like is a valid reply to this thread, meant to help, and should be as welcome as anyone just saying your idea is perfect. It’s not a case of supporting your idea or not because people who have a good handle on what is feasible and likely to be made can comment that and also help you amend your proposal or expectations.

• Like Like x 4
  34. tallboy7648

The original gwe route came out 4 years ago so the original version hasn't come out recently

• Like Like x 1
  35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It came out 4 years ago and is set around 4 or 5 years ago. Both of those are very recent.

• Like Like x 1
  36. ILied

ILied Active Member

Matt has said an ambition is to be able to combine routes. I suspect it could be done as an extension of layers currently used for timetabled services.

It could be Reading to Oxford/Swindon with the rolling stock mentioned above, with these locos being added to GWE if you own it already and then update GWE to make it a continuous line, but you don’t need GWE in order to get the route.

Other companies do this with their DLC, so it’s a benefit having the rest but you don’t need it to enjoy the content.

• Like Like x 1
  37. djhawtin1

Stujoy, Sorry if you think theres no need to ask someone who is continually Causing people to disagree with this thread, So please, if theres nothing helpful, don't say anything at all

• Like Like x 2
  38. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

if we all agree with everything then there’s no need for a suggestion section. We should just all agree we want everything in every colour in every era ever. There, I think that covers it!

• Like Like x 3
  39. djhawtin1

I Understand that you don't want it but personally, Constructive Criticism Only, Not unhelpful comments, which you come out with, OK Mate

• Like Like x 1
  40. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

i remember them saying in a stream that doing longer routes is not a problem, they have a program to generate scenery routes ETC. In another stream they said they are looking at extensions to existing routes.

I have no idea on what sales figures all the routes have but I would guess GWE is a popular route and must be a candidate for extending as they have the TS route to go by no?

Even if they just extended the existing GWE to Bristol they could still use the 166 and HST and just alter the timetable and then add trains later on no?

• Like Like x 2
  41. ILied

ILied Active Member

GWE is their most popular route, as they said when GWE arrived in preserved collection. It’s the route most people have, it’s why I think they have done the second timetable on this route. If DTG have done the TS route then they have the research already to extend the route then it should be fairly easy for them to do.

Yes they could do that. It depends though how they approach marketing the route to us. If they sell it as a full route DLC, I suspect they will add extra locos, otherwise people won’t buy it.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Vanhalen1

Vanhalen1 Member

In the fullness of time I’m sure they will extend the GWML, I was told that under TSW2 route length was not an issue unlike TS. The biggest issue may be the period issue, you won’t always be able to please everyone.

43. tallboy7648

Personally I wouldn't mind a route extension to the current gwe as it's a route most players own and is too short for the class 43. It should go to Bristol so most of the class 43 services can be fully utilized. They did say that they were looking into potentially doing route extensions in a stream as well

• Like Like x 1
  44. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you on that one and how about adding in the Class 802 Electro-Diesel to work alongside the HST. The Class 802 tutorial will be Old Oak Common Depot complex North Pole Depot portion complete with a mode switching tutorial. For timetable mode, there should be a service that requires you to take class 802 Electro diesel to the depot. For GWE one of the services requires a Class 43 to be sent to Old Oak Common.

• Like Like x 2
  45. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They made a new route and didn't tell anyone? WOW, I come here every day and didn't see that. I know they did a timetable for the existing route...

Would happily have a different part of the GWE route in game, but this nonsense of confusing what HAS been done with what your stating isn't helpful.

Personally I take the DL pack to be what it is and have had some fun with it. If you haven't, fair enough

46. tallboy7648

Didn´t old oak common depot close when the 800s and 802s entered service? That would mean if a modern version of the route was done, old oak common would not be there

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  47. tallboy7648

Well they did make a incorrect representation of the route in the 70s. I am just stating facts and I did not say they made a new route in the sentince you quoted

• Like Like x 1
  48. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'd quite like Bristol to Swansea as we can have the power changeover at Cardiff in the 800s/802s.

• Like Like x 2
  49. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They made a timetable using an approximation of 70s consists (which they got wrong). They didn't do anything to the route itself

50. tallboy7648

I know that hence why I said they did an incorrect representation of the route and I never said they made a new route which you seem to think I was saying

• Like Like x 1