How Would You Like To See People On Stations Acting? - (share Opinions) -

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gustavo - The RailWorker, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

Greetings!

how would want to see the people on stations acting, I think developers would like to know how players would like to see the acts of people on stations.

- Drinking a Mug
    - Just Walking Around
    - or even People of Stations really well designed.

- Share your opinions -

- Today I tell a secret I'm not one does people that plays train sim world.
    but I like to help games forward getting better (Sharing ideas)

I Adore Trains & Dovetail's Community!

by Gustavo - The RailWorker

• Like Like x 6
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think the main thing about passengers is that I'd like them to dress and act based on weather conditions. Doesn't make much sense for them all to be standing in the rain while there's shelters on the platform. (or they could've brought an umbrella)

Although rain doesn't really form a danger for people, it seems that most people do try to avoid getting wet in real life.

Another thing is that they aren't always standing at the most logical place on the platform. Makes little sense to see passengers waiting all the way at the end of the platform when short trains are common on that route.

• Like Like x 8
  3. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Things I'd like to see are passengers holding and drinking hot chocolate in the winter, some people with lots of luggage such as suitcases etc. And some passengers looking at timetables and interacting with the station scenery a bit more. For example, there could be a coffee shop at the station (doesn't have to be branded) or a waiting room and passengers would get a coffee and then sit doing a crossword or something. Just add life to the stations as they feel a bit robotic at times.

• Like Like x 3
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Also wouldn't mind seeing more railway workers, especially in yards.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

One thing I would like to see is firstly when your taking the train out of service into a siding or a depot, all passengers should get off the train at the terminating station. There should be no reason why passengers are still on the train when it's not in service as well as passengers getting on the train at a station. Sometimes passengers will just sit there and not even get on a player's service but if it's an ai service, they will get on. Another thing would be an increased number of passengers. There's a way to increase them on pc but on console there is no way to do that and at rush hour, stations like London St Pancreas International has so few passengers making it feel like it's dead. I would also like to see children and the elderly modelled in the game. In omsi 2 they have adults, the elderly and kids so surely dtg can make children passengers and the elderly. Some railway workers in depots and yards as well. Passengers wearing different types of clothes such as coats in winter because I find it odd that at 23 degrees Fahrenheit there will be a man with a short sleeve shirt on. Passengers having a umbrella in the rain and having most of them in a station shelter as most would do in real life to not get wet

6. opgames

opgames Active Member

I would like an option for (most) passengers to wear masks, and act in certian ways based on the weather,
    Rain - Hood/umbrella up, Go in to the shelter if there is one
    Snow - Speedwalk in to the shelter
    Sun - Dont go in shelter
    and I would like passengers to complain about late running services, and also I would like there to be kids with there parent(s)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I saw something in Alan Thompson's video of TS21 route Cross City.
    He shut the train doors and there was a female passenger on the platform who obviously just missed the doors closing. As soon as that happened, she pulled out a mobile phone and put it to her ear.
    I'd like to see something like that on modern passenger routes.

I also echo the thoughts of some of the posters above.
    Weather dependent clothing and actions, people sat reading the paper on the platforms (or mobile phones), people drinking the overpriced coffee they've just bought.
    I'd also like to see railway staff on platforms (dispatchers etc) as well as the orange army (railway maintenance workers).

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

That is actually something really great that I didn't think of myself. Seeing railway workers in rail yards and along the line at some places would truly be great, and add to the livelyness of areas outside of stations.

That in addition to platform and in-train staff, realistic clothes depending on the weather, standing in shelters during bad weather and maybe leaning against posts or browsing mobile phones for modern routes would be what I need to get more immersion out of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Using phones , reading newspapers , the sort of things people do on a train

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That wouldn't make a lot of sense, since TSW routes are set in a specific time period, if not vintage then the time during which the research for them was done, which usually is a little before even that route's release date. So for example GWE is specifically set in late 2015-early 2016, with electrification incomplete and (with hidden livery activated) the trains transitioning from FGW blue to GWR green. Main-Spessart includes the old tunnel and Heigenbrucken station, both of which were completely bypassed by a new tunnel in 2017.

So masked passengers would only be appropriate for a route set in 2020-21: and I'm not aware of any. Those released in the last year are set either a little in the past, or (Clinchfield) a lot in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

I would just like to see people of all shapes, sizes and ages. Also disabled who are big users of public transport in my neck of the woods, I assume they would be in TSW2 routes as well.

The behavior needs a lot of work too but as mentioned just doing what passengers do, hanging about waiting... waiting... waiting....

• Like Like x 1
  12. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Groups - much like Roller Coaster Tycoon/Planet Coaster where you have a mix of friend groups and families.

Different clothing depending on weather/time of day - so if it's wet umbrellas go up. More suits in the rush hour, casual off peak, going out clothes in the evenings.

Different age groups, kids with family groups, teens, adults and seniors.

Luggage!

Hijabs, Turbans, Jewish Caps (that I don't know the name of) - This is especially the case for GWE and Bakerloo which pass though some of the south Asian parts of London. Some of the Yorkshire mill towns on TPE also have substantial Asian populations. LIRR and the NYC melting pot would be another example.

Also some passenger noise - it could just be "Rhubarb" or "Walla" but passengers rarely travel silently so some crowd noise on busy platforms/trains would improve the ambiance and immersion (far more then announcements IMO)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see people reading newspaper or taking calls while on the train

14. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

More variety of passengers (or should we call them customers nowadays) would be great. Often stations look like the set of a Alfred Hitchcock film!

Something like WSR would benefit from enthusiasts on the platform for example. Business people with brief cases, train spotters in 80's routes, families going out for the day!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Platform full of people staring at their phones. Maybe some trainspotters with a tripod

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

Since the Bakerloo line is set in 2020 and sehs is set in April 2021 it technically could work. SKA and HMA are also set in 2020 as well

17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Do we really want to commemorate the pandemic in that way by displaying passengers with masks? I want to see the back of it not be reminded of it when I load up a game/sim which is supposed to relaxing and in many cases when you want to forget real life!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. tallboy7648

t
    the mask thing could be a option like in tram sim