Db Br 101 Stats Now In The Steamdb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Mar 23, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Another week, another add-on gets added to the steamdb. This time it's the DB BR 101 for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr.

This is certainly going to be one of DTG's more interesting releases as this loco was supposed to be for Koln-Aachen, but when everyone pointed out that it doesn't run on that line in real-life (or if it does, there are not many services anyways), it was moved to HRR. Then we later discovered that it won't be coming with the IC cab-car and there's talk that HRR might be the only route you can drive this on in service mode (unless you use scenario planner and create your own scenarios with it on another German route).

I'm personally not too bothered about this not coming with the cab car, but I will be disappointed if you can't use it on any other German routes in service mode as this add-on has massive potential with the amount of German routes it could be potentially be used on.

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/history/?changeid=U:21953377

• Like Like x 18
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

BR 101: The Perfectionist
    Complete the DB BR 101 Introduction training module

BR 101: Battling the Bahn
    Complete the DB BR 101 scenario 'All Together'

BR 101: Into the City
    Complete 15 services using the DB BR 101

BR 101: Express Service

Reach a speed of 101 km/h in the DB BR 101

BR 101: Boss of the Bahn

Operate the DB BR 101 for 101 kilometres

3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

It would fit perfectly on HMA - but because the cab car is not included, the IC can't turn around there. Except when they make the IC's have one 101 on each side. But given the fact that console players still don't have all layers on HMA, I highly doubt it that they want to implement another layer to HMA which console players can't use.
    Maybe Wuppertal-Hagen could have one as at least some IC's drive there per day.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I don't know where it runs IRL, but I hope it will be drivable also in other german routes... HRR is too short

5. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

This IC train could also run on DLC RT and MSB

6. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

If I recall correctly, the IC in MSB is the IC2, not the 101. There’s only 1-2 services in SKA, many services in HMA and HRR, it only works in these DLCs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. matinakbary

Nah According to the real timetable, RRO could also have some ICs

8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

That the Loco was intended for SKA is a myth that for unknown reasons gets spread through the forums again and again. According to Sam and the tea boy it was never intended for SKA in the first place. It was not the first incident of putting the wrong german route on the roadmap aswell, which to be fair is no wonder the way words like "Ruhr" and "hauptstrecke" get used in lots of them.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Nicely summarized!
    Plus - a mandatory buy of HRR if someone is planning to buy 101.
    PS HRR timetable already has empty-placeholders for IC train.
    All the more, the whole genesis, the confusion with SKA, are interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Just be prepared. Timetable layers tend to only be added for the route the loco DLC is made for. I don’t think they have ever made a new layer for another previously released route. A train being able to be driven on other routes has always been limited to subbing in for services that already exist. It’s also worth noting that loco DLC hasn’t been used for timetable layers on later routes either, only trains that come in a route have added layers to later routes. This might mean that it is only going to be used on HRR, unless there are existing services it can sub in on, which I’m guessing there isn’t. There’s always a chance that they might change up what they usually do but adding layers to multiple routes is probably out of the question.

• Like Like x 2
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Eventually, 'announced' (Matt) reworked RRO timetable.
    Otherwise - substitution (in place of what - the length of the train) or even HRR use only.
    PS Hamburg - Lubeck?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Does the 101 run on Hamburg to Lubeck in real life? May we see some services there, I wonder?

I’m just hoping this loco isn’t isolated to HRR as it would be the first locomotive to have LZB. LZB has only been in MU’s so far.

The cab car would’ve been a nice addition, shame DTG didn’t go through with it.

• Like Like x 5
  13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

F I N A L L Y ! ! ! :love:

• Like Like x 3
  14. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Looks like simple achivements. Can anyone tell from experience how long it takes between SteamDB and release.

• Like Like x 2
  15. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Usually around a month later, although stats came out for Diesel Legends on the 23rd Feb and it came out on the 12th Mar

• Like Like x 1
  16. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

The class 31 was layered into the GWB pack so it could happen, probably not on older routes but maybe on future new releases

• Like Like x 1
  17. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Good to know. ThankYou Imcpfc2014

• Like Like x 4
  18. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Don't forget we have pre-2017 MSB without the new tunnel. At that point in time, IC2s were still rather new and rare to see. So if there were IC services on MSB at that time (which I don't know), it WOULD be with the 101.

• Like Like x 2
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

155. 363. I am OK with 101 even if it is not in use today here and there.

20. mclitke

I mean from what I have heard the timetable of MSB is not faithful to real life so that would be the tiniest issue to put the 101 there instead of an ic2...

21. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Cool, instant purchase for two reasons:
    1) the electric locomotive is my age (96)
    2) because the electric locomotive

• Like Like x 2
  22. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

3) New passenger German wagons. (Which are used at Czech Railways).

• Like Like x 2
  23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. The 422 (layered in from RRO) gets a whole set of S-Bahn services of its own in SKA, it isn't just a 442 replacement. Similarly, the 425 from HRR layers into HMA with additional Regio services to those already provided for the 146/Dosto trains, not as subs.

24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But all these are coded in-the-route when released
    101 is standalone = don't know, if any changes in any others DLCs occurs parallelly (= core route update in that case)

25. matinakbary

I also hope they implement LZB as HRR has no LZB. I fear they just don't do it then. But I also know that Maik Goltz / TSG is 2nd Party for the 101. I am a 100% sure, he would have mentioned this. Since I know he works on it, i know that the 101 will be as good (sounds and physics) as for example the ICE, where he also helped.

• Like Like x 4
  26. solicitr

Okay, now I get what you're saying. Older routes don't make provision for newer locos, of necessity. Unless a new TT for older routes is included with the loco DLC, which I don't believe I've seen.

• Like Like x 2
  27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It makes a difference whether

A) The DLC takes something from an already released DLC
    B) The DLC adds something to an already released DLC / which is non-base-DLC for this DLC haha (I know!) :D

I hope there is still a chance :(

• Like Like x 3
  28. solicitr

And HRR needs LZB, because of the 425: IRL, they aren't allowed over 140 km/h except with LZB.

• Like Like x 2
  29. matinakbary

I don't think there is LZB in real world there

30. solicitr

Really? I had assumed DB Netz had installed it on all Hauptstrecken by now.

31. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  32. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

I was excited for the release of the Br 101, it adds a other train type ( IC) to the german collection, but being release for HRR make me lost the interest in it... If it adds layers for other routes, than great.

33. solicitr

Interesting- it appears it isn't installed on Hamburg-Lubeck either.

34. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

The 101 is probably the train which is used on more routes than any other German passenger train, it would be a pity to see it only on HRR because it's a loco add-on.
    I actually hope they will make a new timetable for RRO too, also I hope for a timetable with ICE 3 services on HRR together with the 101 update. There are many long distance services on HRR in reality, but none at TSW, which is a big loss in immersion for me. The 101 services would fill not even 50%...

LZB is normally used only on routes with a line speed of more than 160 kph, with a few exceptions (the most famous being the Munich S-Bahn). No LZB on HRR and HBK is thus prototypical.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  35. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

From what I have learned from seeing various cab rides, many (if not all) services that travel along the Frankfurt, Nuremberg, Munich, Wien (Au) axis, so not only 101 but also ICE3, pass along the Main Spessart Bahn. Unfortunately, all (or most of them) take a different line after passing Lohr am Main (cutting out Gemunden, therefore) plus all (or most) only stop in Aschaffenburg (probably not all of them), and this is where we get "screwed".

• Like Like x 2
  36. solicitr

And then there's the ICE 10 from Berlin, which goes on one branch

Hamm– Bochum – Essen – Duisburg – Düsseldorf – Leverkusen – Köln – Düren – Aachen,

and the other branch

Hamm – Hagen – Wuppertal – Köln - Bonn - Koblenz

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  37. matinakbary

I don't think this is just easy like 'Copy 101' - 'Paste 101 on MSB' - they have to do a new timetable as - i guess - there is not addition layer ready for the IC. And i highly doubt that this will be done. But who knows? As Adam and his team are working on MSB right now, maybe they also changed the timetable. Who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  38. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I kind of agree, the cab car is not a huge problem but it still is a bit of a let down, I hope we will be able to run the loco at least on Hamburg Lubeck as well, and on SKA for the very few services that run there. although I don't think I'll buy it. Anyway I'm curious to see what they have done with this DLC

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  39. solicitr

Oh, I don't know. It might be something for Adam and his group to handle once they have cycled through all the Preserved Collection the first time and come back to the beginning: adding layers for since-released locomotives. The one caveat is that express services may only run over a small bit of the modeled route, or only have one stop, (as in MSB) meaning they could only really exist as AI trains. But still, I know that the ICE 10 stops at both Hagen and Wuppertal, so it should be added to RRO.

40. mclitke

No no you misinterpreted, I agree that adding it into the timetable might end up being a complete overhaul. What I was referring to is the question of how faithful a representation through timetable would be. Like if they don't stop at both Gemünden and Aschaffenburg, they could make it do, as apparently at least some of the Dosto services on that route don't stop at both either (if my fellow forum members are to believe at least).

• Like Like x 1
  41. matinakbary

But this is an interesting thought. Having a AI-Train that you can just 'watch' when driving the 146 for example would add some variety. Or at least having some yards filled with the coaches or something like that.

42. solicitr

And I think do-able for DTG IF it is a train that already exists, that they don't have to build. I can't see them building a loco that can only run as AI. Fortunately, the BR 406 does exist. But I see its inclusion only as a 'layer' for those who already have SKA (which happens to be everyone)

43. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, actually, most ICE´s that run on the Main-Spessart-Bahn have been ICE 3. Only 1 IC-Service per direction, but with a BR 101

Wuppertal-Hagen had a quite busy ICE/IC-timetable in pre-covid times, even taking in account that this mostly were ICE 2 and the Köln-Dresden ICs are IC2.

Wuppertal-Hagen

• Like Like x 1