Jubilee Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by launchxgaming, Mar 23, 2021.

1. launchxgaming

launchxgaming New Member

Please do more London Underground lines but epically the Jubilee line with the PSD!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Special EliteYT

Special EliteYT New Member

I agree. I would especially want the Victoria Line. The trains seem so fast. This would be a blast. Absolute blast.

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The trains actually only go about 30mph irl

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

5. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Why do I think the subway fan club is spamming the forum with multiple suggestion threads either new or dug up from the grave?

• Like Like x 3
  6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

"Subway Fan Club"

Not everyone that asks for a Subway Route only likes Subway Systems, they may prefer other types of Routes like High Speed and Commuter, and just suggested one Subway Line that they want to see.

It's not a case of "The Subway Fan Club spamming the forum", some people just want to see a specific subway line. And also, 'spam' is a strong word. Look through the first page of the Suggestions thread and count how many of them are Subway Lines.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Medellinexpat

Five current threads, all on the first page, all with the same people on. What a coincidence. And some of them are such detailed proposals

‘I would love to see the New York City Subway in this game ....I'm not too sure about which route. It doesn't really matter to me personally.’
    ‘As a tube enthusiast, I would love to see other underground lines like the central or the Jubilee Line, or subsurface lines, like the Metropolitan or the District line.’
    ‘Please do more London Underground lines but epically the Jubilee line with the PSD!’

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The traction motors on the 1996 tube stock sound nice. I do play the route on openbve and it is a nice route to play so a tsw recreation of it would be cool

• Like Like x 1
  9. Special EliteYT

I am not a huge fan of routes where you drive miles upon miles on a straight track with the same trees copied and pasted over and over and over again without ever stopping. That's why I made subway suggestions, and will continue to do so. Sure, the NYC Subway suggestion of mine wasn't very detailed, I'll give you that. But I never was in NYC, so I don't know much about the individual lines.

That's why I didn't specify it. Another reason why I wasn't specific is because I would take ANY NYC Subway route at this point. It's up to the devs anyway what they do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Medellinexpat

There’s more than enough material on the NY subway online to put together a proposal. In terms of ANY NY subway line you’d be happy with the 42 Street Shuttle? Two stations, 732m.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42nd_Street_Shuttle

Yes it is up to the DTG project teams to decide on what gets built but the idea of this section of the forum is to give players the opportunity to make a case for ideas that they think would make good candidates. In some cases those ideas might not be on the radar of DTG.

The NY Subway will be on DTGs radar given its iconic status. Some lines are better known than others (for example those that run through Central Manhattan), some make better candidates for inclusion in TSW than others (length, amount of development needed). If you want to make a proposal do some research online and see what might be the best fit. Then make a proposal and perhaps you might help things move along.

If you watch videos of the NY subway you will see that in many cases for just one line the layouts are complex, overhead tracks, tunnels, bridges all of which will present challenges in modeling and performance. So take that into account.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

DTG have modeled complex bridges before. Quit making excuses as to why a subway route can't be in the game

• Like Like x 1
  12. tallboy7648

A cool subway route that can be in the game is the 7 Train which goes from Flushing-Main Street in Queens to 34 Street Hudsom Yards in Manhattan. This line was in World Of Subways 4. The line is mostly above ground ans is operated by Kawasaki R188s

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 lets us remember what DTG said earlier today

‘Please remember that you are all allowed a difference of opinion. You are all allowed to like and enjoy different content. And you are all allowed to voice your opinions.’

Hate to see you banned for harassment.

14. Special EliteYT

Alright

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallboy7648

Im not harassing anybody. It's that you keep spamming the same excuses on different threads as to why subway routes can't be made. Just move away from subway threads since you don't like them. Nobody is forcing you to be here

• Like Like x 1
  16. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 ‘Please remember that you are all allowed a difference of opinion. You are all allowed to like and enjoy different content. And you are all allowed to voice your opinions.’

And the poster was responding to my earlier post.

17. tallboy7648

We get your opinion so move on. It's not so hard to do

18. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 I really don’t like to be threatened. There’s clearly a clique on here trying to push subway content and shut up anyone who disagrees. You seem to be central to that. I notice you had no comment on a posting in yet another subway thread

‘Guys we need to spread this further on into other parts of social media including reddit and facebook plus YouTube to make this more known to add support for them to make this.’

Hardly within the spirit of this forum. When I see nonsense like that I think the other views need to be clearly heard.

19. tallboy7648

Nobody is threatening you. Are you that sensitive? You gave reasons as to why subway routes can't come. Reasons that don't stand. You said that it shouldn't come because of optimization even though dtg are gonna do a optimization update so that doesn't make sense. Complex services even though dtg are gonna upgrade the dispatcher so that also doesn't make sense. Intense scenery even though your underground once your in central london and once your outside the scenery isn't intensive. There isn't buildings everywhere and the optimization updates would handle the suburban like scenery just fine so that also doesn't make sense. Automation on modern subway routes even though alot are not automated and the sub surface lines are not fully automatic. DTG have developed lzb which is effectively automation so they could develop tech like that since they are good at developing new tech and heck they could just set the underground lines to pre automation. You would still get the s stock for the sub surface lines so that point doesn't stand. How most subway lines are underground when that is simply not the case. Look your arguments are not valid and I don't expect you to like subway routes but repeating the same things even though the sim is improving and acting like dtg can't do amazing things makes no sense.

New players are gonna suggest a route for the game and even subway routes. Saying that they have a agenda makes no sense. There's a suggestions thread for a reason. Are you gonna tell a new member of the forum who suggests a steam route a person who is trying to push their agenda.

And mate I have a life. I'm not on the forums 24/7 so of course I'm not gonna respond to every thread or subway thread on the forum.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 I see now there’s a Central Line thread opened up. The description must have taken all of 5 minutes. You and your group aren’t exactly subtle are you?

21. tallboy7648

What does that have to do with anything. If you don't like subway routes that's fine but again you haven't gave a valid reason as to why dtg can't make a subway route. Let people suggest whatever they want. I'm not gonna complain if someone suggestions a 80s br blue route

• Like Like x 2
  22. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna complain if someone suggests a 1970's American Freight Route, even though I hate freight. Other people have other opinions and tastes in different types of routes. I don't understand why some people just can't get that through their mind.

• Like Like x 3
  23. tallboy7648

Neither can I to be honest. I don't like freight routes or historic routes but I'm not gonna go into a thread and give non valid reasons as to why routes like those can't be made. If you don't think it can't be made, at least give a valid reason as to why it can't be made. I saw a thread where the op was annoyed that there are too many modern German routes and they have no variety. I did explain why that was the case because of the statistics. Personally I like modern things including the German routes and wouldn't buy a historic German route but I suggested that dtg should maybe consider making a historic German route one day for people who wants them and asked what historic German route they want. I wasn't like "DTG should only make modern German routes because I don't want a historic German route or would buy one" People have different tastes and nobody has to agree with them but there's no need to do unnecessary things

• Like Like x 2