Thank You Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Mar 23, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Hey DTG

Thank you for adding door controls to the Keyboard.

No, this is not sarcastic. I mean it :)

• Like Like x 20
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Dash-8 'banking' is nice too :)
    source

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

:D YAY!!! :D

• Like Like x 4
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I wonder if DTG realizes how serious this change is. Hehe <HAPPY>

• Like Like x 3
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh ye of little faith! I had really given up hope that the Dash 8 would be fixed. In all, some really useful patches. Thanks guys!:)

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

First off, welcome back Nat, secondly... yay for fixes :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It´s always good to see fixes but I´m still waiting for the lirr fixes. It has been 6 months already. If it´s taking this long to release since they are done then it better be a very good patch since it´s taking so long

8. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Always great to see people appreciating DTG! :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Lots of missing stuff in today's update. The only real interesting thing is they finally have mapped the keyboard to use the doors. Let's see what the roadmap brings up

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Doesn´t the roadmap come out at this time normally. Probably a delay or something

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Yes it should come out soon. I'm curious about the Bakerloo speed limits and LIRR overhaul.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Woosh, I was very happily surprised to see it in the patch notes. Best fix ever. Glad it's finally there. Shame it took so long though.

13. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you DTG!! :)

I feel like DTG does lots of things right. Lots of good intentions, want the best, tries to please us the best they can...but then, fall short because of a lot of what first might look like very minor stuff in the greater scheme of things. Smaller things that might not look so bad viewed separately (some do, though), but combined and spread over most routes and loco packs, gets really annoying and frustrating.

Example: I started a run up SPG, all the way from one end to the other. Right off the bat, instrument lights would not come on for some ungodly reason. Oh well, not the end of the world. Half way up the route, horn stopped working (very common on all locos on SPG this is). Dang, not another thing, GRRR, but nothing I can do about it right now, so lets just suck it up and move on (immersion took a -25 hit, though). Towards the end of the route, snow coming down hard, and what do you know? Windshield wipers stopped working too. Just like that, POOF, not moving at all. By then I was about ready to give up, but was also very close to the end of the very long run. I had to literally open the window, hang outside to even see what was going on. Could not see a darn thing out the windshield because of the snow (nice cool effect though). Had I not known better, I would have thought that DTG had finally implemented random breakdowns of things to the game to add to the immersion and realism. LOL

Also, side note, not a big fan of the.., we have already fixed this but we are going to let this fix sit until we do more to this DLC so people don't have to download big patches for small things. I get it, some people might have slower connections, or limits on how much they can download in a month, but I also think that a LOT of us don't have those limits, and don't care about it. I mean, if I have to download a couple GB for a scenario to finally work on a route after months of it not doing so, or some other irritating and annoying bugs would be gone out of my life, I'd happily let my computer spend a few minutes downloading the DLC in the background while I was doing something else. Would not bother me in the least. With so many bugs around, and more added all the time, then to hear over and over again, especially from Adam, well we fixed this or that and handed it over to so-and-so, and it will be released...out of my hands. Sometime in the future... "sigh"

• Like Like x 6
  14. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

-8 & the doors....thankyou!!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I am delighted about the Y and U keys, credit where credit’s due, thank you DTG guys n gals!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

A very nice addition indeed. Alot better than using the TAB menu on the units which have no door control buttons

• Like Like x 3
  17. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I still have to unlearn using the TAB menu. Old habits... :P

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

For small bug fixes Dtg should think of hosting them on a server for early access.
    They can still be held back for the package releases.
    This way those obsessing over a particular bug could be pacified.
    And indeed some further feedback might be generated.

19. ARuscoe

How would this work on console?

20. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

They could use the beta branch on steam like scs software does with their truck sims. It's really handy.

It doesn't need to work on consoles. You guys can sit and wait for the full update.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

While appreciating the great improvement this little thing makes to the experience, I'm really not understanding the "thank you DTG" train which sometimes goes on. This is just one of the items in the list of things that should have been part of the game from the release. Things like the auto switch of measuring units which has been an issue since the TSW beta, and only fixed recently with TSW2. Or a proper map. Or the ability to just drop a service. Or the removal of the annoying mastery screen every time you open the game.

So yes, thank you DTG, but a little more effort on doing things properly the first time would be appreciated. From a multiple-decades customer, supporter, enthusiast.

• Like Like x 4
  22. ARuscoe

Ah, not how TSW works...
    And I'm on PC but considerate of others...

• Like Like x 2
  23. ARuscoe

Why? There was a door control mechanism in place, this just makes it easier for those who want to do one thing rather than two... Hardly an experience breaking matter

• Like Like x 5
  24. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Pressing the tab key to call a virtual popup menu is definitely breaking the experience, yes.

25. ARuscoe

And yet I never found it so. Guess different people have different ideas on what "breaking the experience" means
    I'm sure someone out there may wonder why they're not in Darlington when they've just spent an hour driving there ;)

• Like Like x 2
  26. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

I glad what DTG makes usefull update, now need make save game on F2 key))

27. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

A mechanism that was worse than the mechanism that Train Simulator had a decade ago.

Yes it worked, but it wasn't pretty. I'm happy we finally have a simple keybind to open the doors, but really... why did it take several years? People have been mentioning the lack of such a keybind ever since GWE released...

• Like Like x 1
  28. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

*sad QWERTZ noises*

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. ARuscoe

I don't understand why they didn't just use T, same as before either but it was hardly game breaking. IRL driver's reach for a button or two anyway

• Like Like x 1
  30. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, I guess with TSW having different control options for left and right doors, you need two keys. I don't really mind them not using the exact same layout as TS keybinds.

T opens the Timetable. I guess that's a keybind that makes sense. :P

31. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Trenomarcus I am on your side. Yes, this is a feature which is just as dynamic weather a basic function in a sim. And it also should work bugfree right away from the start.

But looking at the past of DTG and how much they did wrong, I think a Thank you is appropriate that they at least put it in the game. Feel free to criticise that, but I am just happy that we have that now.

And the remapping-bug is hopely to be fixed soon.

32. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I think the biggest win here is that DTG is taking feedback and implementing these features, late or not. That is something very positive to see.