More Underground Lines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by saltyism, Jan 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. saltyism

saltyism New Member

As a tube enthusiast, I would love to see other underground lines like the central or the Jubilee Line, or subsurface lines, like the Metropolitan or the District line.

• Like Like x 14
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’d love to see the Circle and H&C Lines or the Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines.

• Like Like x 1
  3. saltyism

saltyism New Member

Yeah, it would be really cool

• Like Like x 3
  4. nnneumann2004

nnneumann2004 New Member

The underground in Frankfurt would be nice

5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

The Jubilee line would be perfect

• Like Like x 7
  6. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Definitely in favor of more Underground - Piccadilly line or Northern Line

• Like Like x 2
  7. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

The district and metropolitan line has the best scenery same to the central.

• Like Like x 3
  8. traindriver#6052

traindriver#6052 New Member

Yeah the central line would be cool

• Like Like x 5
  9. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the Circle Line or the Northern Line in TSW 2

• Like Like x 3
  10. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

The Bakerloo Line was done very recently and that is more than enough for this genre at this time.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

Well, we could say the same for High-Speed Routes. SEHS, LGV, HMA, and SKA, were all done very recently, so that should be more than enough for that genre.

The Bakerloo Line is a sole line, out of an extremely interesting subway system. Not every line is the same, with some of the Subsurface Lines, having more Aboveground Sections, with more interesting Service Patterns, like the Metropolitan Line and District Line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

My personal preference would be the District, Circle and Hammersmith and City lines as I think that they would make the most interesting interconnected network. Though if this does happen then I think the way that we choose timetable services may need to change as it may get rather confusing with so many different routes

• Like Like x 2
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Agreed. IMO Bakerloo gets boring after the 5th or so underground station. I do like the above ground section of the route though. I'd prefer a route with a few underground stations like Rapid Transit, as I'm not too fond on routes that have large underground sections like Bakerloo.

Agreed, but that's not the subject. We also have enough UK routes, so if we like to see more underground stuff, please let it be something else than UK.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

‘Well, we could say the same for High-Speed Routes. SEHS, LGV, HMA, and SKA, were all done very recently, so that should be more than enough for that genre.’

ZeenozPlays So genres are high speed lines, presumably low speed lines and subways and each should get equal coverage? You proposed the Northern Line and now you are talking about the wonders of the Met and District lines. At the bottom of your posts you state, in large font, that you want the NYC subway. Why do I think that you and your fellow posters are just pushing to get more subway lines, whatever they are. I also think that in the unlikely event that you did get another line, say the Met, you’d then you and your fellow posters would then be pushing for another subway line. You want this to be World of Subways 2.

15. ZeenozPlays

No, I really don't want this to be World of Subways 2, that would be horrible for TSW. I've suggested my fair share of other types of routes as well. Such as the London Overground, Berlin S-Bahn, More Munich S-Bahn Routes, and Metro-North, so it's clear that I don't just only want subway routes. You're leading it on to believe that all these people want are subways, and for the most part, that is simply not true.

You can dislike subways, or not want another Subway Route in the game right now, but to come onto a thread that is asking for a subway route, only to say that "Subway fans are spamming the forums", or "we don't need another subway route" is just unnecessary.

• Like Like x 3
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think the circle line would be cool since it's very unique.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tallboy7648

Frankfurt U-Bahn, Berlin U-Bahn, MTA New York City subway then? To be fair though London Underground is still one of the most requested things to be in the game which isn't a surprise since it's very popular with enthusiasts and casuals alike. You may not like it but it's the reality. The Bakerloo line is mostly an isolated line, isn't very unique and a line that a majority of players did not want as well. Sure it may be repetitive but that would mean all the passenger routes are repetitive since your accelerating, breaking, stopping, opening the doors unloading passengers, loading passengers, closing doors, and doing the same thing over and over again. I don't think we have enough of everything either. There are still many British routes that could be made, many german routes and definitely American passenger routes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Scenery is considerably more repetitive inside a tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tallboy7648

In a tunnel though you would not see any scenery though apart from stations which don't look the same in many subway networks and a lot of subway systems do have lines that go aboveground as well. Not everything in a subway system is underground so that argument for me doesn't stand 100%. DTG hasn't made many subway routes before and I think there is just growing support for more subway routes due to that simple fact. I personally like high speed lines (call me a high speed fan if you so wish :)) but I would love to see more subway lines in the future though

20. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

yep the met really has cool service pattern's including the north curve services

21. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Yeah, something like the Bangkok MRT would be great, especially if we got a station crossover with the elevated BTS Sukhumvit line at Asok.

22. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I'd prefer the Central line since it has a variety of services (maybe also because I've been on it a bunch of times)

• Like Like x 1
  23. subzero169

subzero169 Member

I would love the District line to be added in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Jubilee Line that one has Platform Screen doors on its Eastern extension 1990s. For MTA NYS Subway they can do 7 train and CBTC plays like Hauptstrecke München Augsburg S-Bahn LZB.