PlayStation Early Night Went Out The Window... Arosa Related Of Course

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tynmar, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

2.4gb later and pleased to report both the Swiss flag is present on the main menu.
    AND the traffic stopped for me to pass through town, unlike the stream last night (ouch)

In other news, I Whizzed passed the first red light on the intro, yes I am honest. Let me know if you did too :D the brakes will be lots of fun and some will master and some will loathe..

enjoying the scenery so far as this route is new and special. Not going to “pine” about it.

logging scenario will be first action in the morning and will add more to this before lunch.

just wished the mirrors had reflection. Edit, some sort of reflection, can’t seem to open them out.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There's supposed to be a switch on the main console somewhere to fold out the mirrors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I definitely flew past the red light on the tutorial. I agree with you and also ended up staying up later then expected and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to some of the scenarios and coffee in the morning!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

interesting shall have a look and post a screen when I find the pesky control for them :)

5. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Just doing the tutorial, while the loco itself looks and drives well, the scenery itself is a major letdown, buildings look like they're from GTA San Andreas on the PS2, and the distant scenery - yuck.

I understand Rivet put out a statment about scaling down the number of trees or something to get better performance, but with treees that look like they do I would have taken them out too.

I just don't get it, Rivet's IoW route looks fine, and DTG have been putting out gorgeous looking routes recently, so this level of graphics just looks like a rush job or laziness to me.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 091534.png Screenshot 2021-03-25 091556.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

And there goes my hopes of a positive thread... thanks mate :|

found the mirror function. In the drivers seat look left and slightly down. Just next to the cab light :cool:

7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

You Can refund the dlc

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thunderer

I am enjoying it don't get me wrong, just pointing out that the scenery isn't as good as it could be.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I know I know :) think I’ve had enough of the negative comments and it’s been done to death over the last few weeks. Was hoping for a positive gathering on here for those the that enjoy the game and enjoy for what it is, grove street graphics and all :D

10. Thunderer

I quite like the external view of the engine room where you can see straight through to the other side.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 111119.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The loco is very well made. Rivet deserves credit for it without a doubt.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Thunderer

Just found the button to turn the engine room lights on too.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 113546.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I must have been blinkered trying to keep a positive thread. Serious love / hate going on with my Arosa session tonight...

external view the whistle is the same volume no matter how far away from the loco (no surround sound panning so it’s pretty weak what’s been done)

external view, can’t pan around the train closely. Noticed particularly near the passenger cars. Like there is some sort of force field?
    Fiddle around to bypass the force field and you can just fly the camera through the car??? :mad:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. appledates#4945

I do think the majority of the community have positive things to say and I know I personally would much rather be discussing positive things among my other Train sim community members, so I appreciate you creating this thread for that kind of conversation and don’t be frustrated, your doing a good thing!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Hehe glad you appreciate my attempt of positivity on here :)

Using the external view to help sweep up those ibex items on the side of the track etc. Curious if anyone else suffering the same camera difficulty’s?

• Like Like x 1
  16. appledates#4945

Yes, I’m having trouble with the external camera specifically while descending or climbing the mountain on the narrow parts of the route. It almost seems depending on where your camera is set, when you jump into your external view it can lock the camera to the boundaries of the player and I get caught up on an invisible wall or something.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

63DD1D16-B18A-40F8-AD03-1B37147E3FE2.jpeg

Just wow :cool: waited longer at red lights thinking it’s just the engine being silly and needs to render

• Like Like x 2
  18. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

Stupid question… in the intro how do you alert the signaller to get to the coupling?

19. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Assuming ps user in the ps part of the forum
    Hold down O and it’ll talk to the signaller :)
    Imagine it’ll be B for Xbox folk.