Birmingham Xc And Wcml South Merge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by deanmacgregor, Mar 18, 2021.

1. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

I hope Danny might consider merging the brand new Birmingham XC with WCML south, merges are great.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I agree, that might be a nice merge. Especially if Cross City goes into the 2022 bundle.

3. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

• Like Like x 7
  4. Cyclone

Already a busy place, I see. Your followers, I suspect, are happy (even the guy demanding Trent Valley, but I will say save that for if we ever extend to Stafford from Birmingham - or should I say "when", I can't see DTG wanting to have subscriptionware being the only link).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyclone

No, you could not put Missing Link on Workshop, or any of their other projects. But they could in theory make the same merge, or even use your merge (do you allow that?) to expand upon with their own routes. So I really don't see why they hate you. But I will say this: if DTG ever visits the same area, you have every right to use those, and they can't do anything about it. Also, you also have the choice to merge any of their routes into the map you make and post the map at ATS because that is completely legal. Perhaps they are not happy that someone who works at DTG is stepping upon their turf. That's the only thing I can imagine here.

6. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cyclone

I never said the people in charge were to blame. It's always the bad apples that spoil the crop.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

There are quite a few bad and smug apples in that community. with nasty things to say. But they seem to encourage the bad apples, and keep it going too. (the ones in charge that is, I am not joking) Its pretty toxic.

9. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

They seem to have a problem with a lot of people. And stir trouble for people.

10. SJA

SJA Active Member

Well done Danny. Subscribed :)

I think some of it has to do with the subscription price on ATS. I took out a subscription some time ago at a discounted price (and the OHLE was a lot cheaper when I got it too, and does look really good).

But some of those people will have paid the full £32 sub + £12 for OHLE and I suppose they want to feel like it was worth it. Being critical of Danny's "easy" merges in some petty mission to get emotional comfort from the financial outlay is the wrong way to go about it though. 99.9% of them wouldn't have a clue how to merge routes so it just makes them look silly. I doubt Pete would be as obnoxious and he's the brains behind the Missing Link and ECML merge.

At the end of the day if people want to turn a shared interest/hobby into an argument or something otherwise "tribal", the problem is theirs. Those of us on this forum tend to bring a more positive attitude and one I can get behind :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

Yeah, I doubt he is behind the toxic behaviour. I do talk to him on Facebook, that is when i get on it at all. I just don't like all this "tribal" stuff (as you called it.. Good term for it, I was going to use the term "clique") making its way into my favourite hobby... Train Simulator.

There is enough of it happening offline, I thought the Train Simulator was one place one could be free of it. It is VERY irritating to read, and watch them do it to other people, even when it's not myself copping their nonsense.

yeah, I don't think like they do, I am actually here for the Train Simulation but for too long I have been scared away from talking to any people about anything I have planned or want to do in the simulator because of it. I have been sitting on an Australian Route and Trains for ages now)

They do need to make an effort to stop those bad apples. (I know who they are too)

also their crap jokes, nasty humour and the way they talk down to people in general is cringe-worthy at best. They are just MEAN!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  12. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

If these groups were not fighting over who is better, we would probably have a better Train Simulator community. In the meantime, we continue with mods and payware fixes that, in addition to improving routes and rolling stock, fix bugs that should already be fixed by default.

I am grateful that there is someone who has enabled us to drive from St Pancras and London Victoria to Faversham on an updated route, and from Swansea to Shrewsbury. And available at Steam Workshop. Thank you Danny for all the work you have been doing in merging routes. They look so good that probably even the haters drive it.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Cyclone

Hear, hear. Now let's hope for a NWC extension to at least Stafford and a connection to London Euston. Though a connection all the way to Birmingham would also be nice so we can avoid Trent Valley in the merge given the point of origin issues.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SJA

SJA Active Member

There are some decent communities out there fortunately -- "Rail-Sim Users Group" on FB is good. Despite the notes on the page where you click to join, it's not sweary or lairy and you can get updates on some good freeware content and scenario packs.

Is there word on the grapevine about them doing anything with that extension? I missed the boat on it when it was initially out as my old simming PC was knackered and I didn't get a new one until the winter before last.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cyclone

They are usually very quiet. But given what happened with SWC, I suspect something will come with NWC. I just hope it's extended and sold as a new fully-contained route, and not just in its previous split form. They will at the very least merge it like with SWC if they do revisit it, but I if they don't add new content, they can't just slap on new trains and give it away. If they slap on new trains and do nothing else, existing owners have no incentive to buy it. No, their choices are make it a brand new and longer route to add new trains, or leave it as-is and give it for free to existing owners. There is no middle ground. We'll see what they decide to do if they do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

They certainly do HATE, but they don't hate what we can and do make.

I have been quietly sitting on an Australian route and some trains that I have made over the years. After the nonsense I copped, I decided to hang on to the material. But I am thinking of releasing it sometime.
    Maybe soon. All that is Missing is some particular Signals. I just need to create and script them.

When Danny can get his route merges "finalised" I might just go into full ball, creating Working Timetable Scenarios for them. I don't know about posting them on the Workshop, because I might need Trains and Reskins that are not on the Workshop.

17. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

I will check that out. As I am not doing anything important today. I am messing about in Train Simulator.

18. Cyclone

Don't let the haters decide how you handle stuff. We need an Australian route. Heck, ChrisTrains has an Auckland train that has no home.

What area does your route cover?

• Like Like x 1
  19. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

Those "haters" seem to control everything. They even make sure that messages are not even seen, never mind getting read.

There are actually 4 routes. Perth (unfinished, no Scenery), Adelaide (unfinished, no scenery), Melbourne (Unfinished, with a bit of scenery and Trains) Sydney (unfinished, no scenery With Trains), and Finally Queensland (Unfinished, with no scenery) Melbourne, is the only one I have made trains for, because I have ready access to them.

I have the ChrisTrains NZ DMU, but no Auckland to run it in, And My own NZ EMU is basically finished, but with no sounds, and so Its the same story with the ChrisTrains DMU, No Auckland to run it in. I did too much stuff, With nobody to help out. It turned out that who I thought I had to help out, were just using me, to see could they get something for themselves, they had no intention of truly helping/collaborating. (that seems to be a theme in my life lately) It was going to be freeware. So I am just concentrating on the Melbourne stuff for now.

I am just glad they didn't get any of my stuff.

20. Cyclone

All I will say, to stay diplomatic, is that there are two sides to every story. But if I have misidentified who you are, that's interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

I am starting to think the most "diplomatic" thing to do is to stay away from these people. They are not out for anything kind, or beneficial to others. You did misidentify me, sadly.

What's more interesting is what peoples problem is.

They say they want certain places to come into Train Simulator, and when someone has access to it and is interested in it, and actually making it.... They are like half asleep!

22. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

I just built a New PC too. It seems to be able to handle anything I throw at it. And I never doubted that, As I chose the parts carefully. Making sure it was new tech, and good graphics, plenty of RAM, and a good large monitor.

23. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Good to know that possibly we will have Australian routes in the future.

Creating scenarios for Workshop is very good, but what makes it difficult is the issue of reskins and trains that are not sold on steam. Certainly the scenarios would be more immersive, on the other hand, the simulator is more organized, as there would be many files to be enabled in the editor.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Thanks for your continued effort with these merges Danny. :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

Yeah, I would need to have a good look at what trains and companies is being used on Those routes that Danny Merged, before doing any Scenarios for them.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  26. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

He needs to keep going, And ignore the dumb haters. (as I need to do too), maybe others like myself could help him out.

• Like Like x 1
  27. SJA

SJA Active Member

I think train simming is one of those niche communities that has a lot of people with quite poor, or even brusque communication skills. Not to mention people who download freeware stuff without ever looking at the requirements lists. I mean, some people have the entire catalogue of Armstrong Powerhouse products, but get extremely unhappy about spending £2.50 for a month of UKTS to download assets that would "unlock" another 10 decent routes for them haha.

So yes, it can be a community where you have to possess a certain degree of patience (and possibly a thick skin) before you put anything out there. Especially freeware where people demand payware levels of support, and comment on it as if you made a ton of money out of it, when really it was tens/hundreds/thousands of your own hours that went into making something for the community and those brusque or obnoxious looking comments can feel like a slap in the face at times.

Just remember the silent majority guys :) They download it, a handful of them will pipe up and thank you for the effort whereas the rest just play/drive it, enjoy it and don't get involved in any discussions on forums or social media.

• Like Like x 3
  28. ceejay#9369

ceejay#9369 New Member

Well they can keep their "brusque communication skills" and their bad attitude along with it. It don't belong anywhere near me, thanks.

I own the entire range of Armstrong Powerhouse Products, Except for the scenario packs. And I have been following Train Simulator since it came out. So I have bought (as they come out) every bit of DLC. (except for steam Locos... they are not my thing, Or fictional routes)

I am one of the silent ones. I only say something, if I find something broken, and let the person know, not they are interested most of the time. Or to ask about some aspect of whatever it maybe that they released.

And those people who "don't Read the requirements" they are silly and careless, and then wonder why something don't work. (missing reskin, or other assets, that are just a download away)