Arosa Second Stream - A Sour Taste

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

But the amps stayed relatively the same over the points (about 235-245). If it slipped, they'd go down significantly for a moment. And maybe the HUD would indicate that as well. It probably is something else.
    On SPG I have to admit I could rely pretty fairly on Dash-8 dynamic, especially on the U-877 services, where there's 4 of them. Amps were pretty consistent and 4 locos could nicely hold the whole loaded coal train on the way down.

2. jstange

jstange Member

Good news, everyone!

I've heard some rumours that Rivet admit the route's scenery is not reflecting reality and they already hired new employees in order to solve it.

Approx. 100 woodcutters are on their way to Switzerland to make the route look closer to the Rivet's representation...

• Like Like x 22
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This made me chuckle.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

For me the lack of freight is what really pushed it to "buy on discount".
    Having 1-2 freight wagons added to your passenger service is something unique to these narrow gauge swiss routes, and is something that I very much enjoy in TS2021. There are few interesting scenarios with this in TS2021, with nice run-around operations in the end stations (uncouple freight car, couple to passengers wagons, run-around the freight car and couple back to your train).

This is something that really looked forward to be more explored in the TSW Timetable system. Not every train has to be like that, but 2-3 during the day would go a long way to make the route more unique and interesting. Also, the better physics in TSW would make going downhill with added weight more interesting.

• Like Like x 4
  5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that rivets current timetable does not account for these wood wagons to be moved around with locos at the places where you unvouple them. They have already hinted at additional content regarding freight being in the pipes. Maybe that content will add shunting of freight cars, or at least freight consists to the route. Which is cool but also a bit unfortunate, since they already made the wagon only for it to be used in scenarios only so far :/

6. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

It's true. After that, I don't have the DLC on PC yet, maybe we can have a little fun in the scenario planer. On a live, I saw that we had access to a garage lane, at Litziruti station, via a manual switch ; to test...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wait, the AI trains STILL drive with their headlights off even after half a year since release?? That's just ridiculous.

As for Arosa, I wonder if they could've done pre-modelled mountains instead of the in-game terrain. Might have been too much of an overkill?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

You have won the internet for today! :D
    If you buy the DLC and the freight stock is in it... why do you need another DLC to make use of it in the timetable? This seems really weird to me from Rivet. (although yes, we have to mention they will "look into it" for the April update... I don't hold my hopes up)
    According to Jasper you can randomly derail going uphill in Scenario Planner, so... yay. Also, the scenario planner doesn't allow for any shunting moves, so you would just be hauling them up and down.

9. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I have used the scenario planner for a freight service and I didn’t have any trouble. (Really was expecting the dreaded indefinite red light that seems to plague routes in the scenario planner) Which I at least can confirm derailment is not 100% of the time which is good, as for creating a shunting scenario, this is something all of the routes lack the ability of creating. With the 204 Rivet did put out a patch that addressed a lot of the community’s feedback and even went as far as replacing a short, not so interesting scenario with one that had the 204 use the mainline and lasted almost 2 hours, I believe they also edited the timetable with that patch as well as other bug fixes. My hope is that we will eventually see at least a couple of the freight movements on the timetable in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I feel like he's in some sort of screenshot war lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. appledates#4945

Well as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

• Like Like x 1
  12. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Well, I now know the answer to the RailDriver question. Arosa does not support Raildriver :(

• Like Like x 3
  13. appledates#4945

That is a big bummer, I personally don’t have the option of using raildriver but I know if I did I would be very disappointed, it’s one thing if no routes support it but considering they have been implementing support in some routes, it seems like a wildcard to which routes will and won’t have raildriver support. They should definitely stay out in front of a routes release and have a definitive answer, whether it will be included at release or will be added post-launch. I really understand your disappointment.

14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I bought the route but haven't tried it yet. However, that is a serious letdown. I only hope that Clinchfield doesn't suffer the same fate. I was expecting that all new dlc would be RD compatible.

• Like Like x 4
  15. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

This DLC Arosa is overhyped by Rivet games.

• Like Like x 6
  16. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

i doubt it will be fixed, **all eyes point towards iow**

• Like Like x 2
  17. appledates#4945

I also doubt DTG will fix bugs of their own **all eyes point towards all DTG routes**

wait, DTG is patching their older routes?!
    I guess anything could happen then.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks - just on the Raildriver compatibility. It's something we're working on implementing for first-party locos (we'll be looking to add more locos in future), but it's still in beta at present and available on a limited selection of locos.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The thing with the headlights is probably down to the core issue of train direction in TSW. There doesn’t appear to be an automatic ‘this is the way this train is heading for this service’ type of system built into the core, so you end up with AI trains that change direction during the time you are in the game effectively reversing for a whole service, or in the case of trains that just go back and forth without ever leaving the route (such as in IoW) reversing for half of their entire duty. Issues caused by this are rife in TSW and many of DTG’s DLC have issues like it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Does this happen on BKL? Because that would be a route to show if it's a DTG thing.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Random derailing,most likely caused by to much speeding.i really don't think some players understand what that means.This is not a route for hard right turners of the power wheel.

22. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

Bakerloo is not such a good comparison since the headlights/taillights change based on the master switch at that end of the unit rather than a headlight/marker light switch. You would have to look for a service you knew was self contained on the map that has had to change ends (so ECW with one of the shorter runs or GWE class 166 to Reading and back to London)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

And does it happen there?

• Like Like x 1
  24. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

No, I'm pretty sure I've never seen that on those routes specifically

• Like Like x 3
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Impressions based on the second stream: Incredibly photorealistic train- amazing, really - driving through Legoland.

I appreciate the work Rivet put into realizing Chur, with road traffic, custom buildings etc etc- but then to leave all those assets in plain, bland textures with no weathering or real-life color variation (Kuju throwback) leaves all those nice buildings and pavements looking lifeless, plasticky and fake.

Very odd, coming from the same studio which put rust bubbles under the loco's paint!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  26. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

The derailing issue is definitely a bug. I was doing 15 kmh and derailed randomly twice in a row on the same scenario.

• Like Like x 5
  27. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This issue does not happen on the Bakerloo line

28. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

:(
    Screenshot_2021-03-25-22-22-47-997_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-25-22-23-20-943_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  29. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Same here, I also derailed while starting from standstill...

• Like Like x 3
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not sure but I think I have seen some. Have a look for yourself, you may well see it there. I don’t really pay that much attention to individual cases because it is so common. I believe the issues do have manual workarounds (that the devs can use) in some cases but these ‘backwards’ issues do occur. I was watching a nice Class 31 hauled passenger train yesterday in the Diesel Legends pack with the drivers at the rear of the loco and the headlights on at that end pointing at the coaches. I was chasing it in a Class 45 on the fast line, driving alongside for most of the journey, intending to get some screenshots. Bugs that don’t get fixed are not exclusive to Rivet. I’d like to see it fixed too.

31. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That‘s probably also what‘s happening on SFJ. You tend to see a lot of headlights + aux on at the end of trains there.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

"Front" and "back" are an ongoing core issue in TSW that affects all sorts of things, from lights to drivers to the inclinometer. The basic problem is that as things stand, a loco or MU model has a fixed front and back end, even double-cab ones,* which govern how all of those things are oriented. Somehow that needs to be reprogrammed to reflect the direction of travel, maybe tied to the reverser setting or the activated master key, but I think it will require a core update and then individual loco tweaks to implement.
    *Some older UK diesels like the 37 and 45 have signs in the cab saying which one you're in

34. paul.pavlinovich

They talked about RD on the stream this morning. Matt has told Rivet what to do and to quote him "Its easy", Jasper said "They're looking at it" but did not make a commitment. Perhaps we'll get it in the April patch if we're really lucky...

35. paul.pavlinovich

I agree this needs to be addressed. The reverser idea won't work with all locos. Lots of double ended locos (most) "forward" on reverser is the direction you follow facing forwards in your can seat - when you change cabs to go to the other end you still use "forward" to go what is effectively the other way.

36. paul.pavlinovich

Thanks JD - I think that RD was a miscommunication between Rivet and DTG. These things happen. I asked about it on one of Rivet's preview videos and Jasper said that DTG do it and expected it to work. Today on stream Matt mentioned that Rivet needed to do the work. I'm utterly guessing but I'm betting that based on the timing maybe DTG did outfit the train from IoW with RD and Rivet expected that to happen again.

37. appledates#4945

This sadly is an issue, the good news is it’s already been logged by Rivet. It seems they are also are really paying attention to feedback and bug reports which is good to hear.

38. appledates#4945

Luckily April isn’t to far away. Not having Raildriver I honestly can’t tell how the communication about the subject has been, and I appreciate
    For letting us know that this is still in beta. I do think for future routes it would be very helpful to users with Raildriver to know what to expect upon release and whether or not it’s going to be implemented at launch.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  40. paul.pavlinovich

I agree. One way to do this would be to answer the questions in streams when people say "will it work with Raildriver". Just say yes or no instead of ignoring it. It won't go away.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  41. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think it might work. The gradient etc. has to follow (no matter if single- or double-ended loco) a simple logic - "which cab is active?" (where the master key is on) -> "which way is the reverser in the active cab?"... done :D This should be rather bulletproof for all types of locomotives if you're properly prevented from having multiple active cabs/master keys.

• Like Like x 2
  42. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't see the stream from the beginning and thought it was PC. They were on XBOX.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I thought you might be pleased to know that DTG has implemented the "treeline texture" method on CRR, and it proves how convincing it can look while saving on assets.

upload_2021-3-30_12-7-59.png

Cheers

• Like Like x 9