Trackir...what An I Misunderstanding?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JonnyH, Mar 26, 2021.

1. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

I have a TrackiR that works just grand and thought that I could start the software and then launch TS 2020 so as to look around the cab, lean out windows and peak at scenery. Not so fast apparently. Some say it does work and others not. If it does, what extra steps do I need to undergo to make that happen?

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It works 100% other than starting the software before running TS no other steps are needed, just make sure your TrackIR camera is set up properly within the TrackIR software (probably youtube videos for it if you need to know how)

3. Overcode

Overcode New Member

Should just work by default- have you got latest TIR software (mines 5.4.2 - although it is 2015, so not so new) and d/l latest titles, etc? I just use 'smooth' profile and have altered the speed of tracking slightly to suit.
    I take it your TIR is working with other stuff?

4. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I am running the latest software for TrackIR but failed to mention that I am running through the Steam interface. Might that be an issue?

5. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

I did uninstall and reinstall the TRiR software just to see if that would help and tested in FSX to see that I was good. So thinking maybe "Steam" related?

6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Can you explain what you mean by running TrackIR through the Steam interface?

TIR is a separate software utility no relation to Steam whatsoever, if you mean you're launching the TS game through Steam then that's fine, it will not affect the operation of TIR.

7. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

Okay. Your hints pointed me to the solution. It was my TrackiR set to Smooth as an exclusive profile but had not gone to the game list and set Dovetail and Dovetail TS 2015 to Smooth from the default setting. Soon as I switched that out I got in the Cab and was ready to go. Thanks all and hope this helps others in the future
    Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  8. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

Certain games are skewed by Steam Controller settings Assetto Corsa for example. Thought there could be an instance like that but as you will read it was the game profile selection in TrackiR that was where I found the fix. Thanks though...you clued me in the right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Happy days, glad you got it sorted :)

10. Overcode

Overcode New Member

Good-o!
    Just need TIR for TSW2 now, but I won't bang on about that...>cough< :|

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

:D

12. JonnyH

JonnyH New Member

I like true Sim challenges but I like realistic scenery too. Is that what TSW2 is better at?

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

TSW2 might look a bit better than TS2021 but you are restricted to what DTG gives you with the route.
    Just recently they have given use the way to use different traction on different routes but you have to create your own scenarios

14. tsonboard

tsonboard Member

I’ve used free opentrack software and an iPhone for head tracking. It works perfectly but you do need to uninstall the software when your don’t want use it anymore.

15. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

It depends. TSW trains are universally of much higher visual quality. It's usually not particularly close. However I've found scenery in TSW to often be less detailed overall than many TS routes.

• Like Like x 1