Branson’s Baby

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 28, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

[​IMG]
    The Virgin Trains BR Class 390 ‘Pendolino’ is coming soon to Train Simulator!

By the turn of the 21st Century, the West Coast Main Line was in dire need of major overhaul, and new traction. The Inter-City powerhouses such as the Class 86 and Class 87 had done their time, and a brand new era was due.

READ MORE

• Like Like x 8
  2. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get behind those controls!

3. valenta

valenta New Member

Wow! Looks brilliant! It would be great to drive this beast on the WCML North!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

Looking forward to good prototypical train lengths and liveries what else been updated from the previous version?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Very impressive I must say.
    I'm going to be very busy swapping stock out in the vast amount of scenarios that use the old 390.
    Loving that passenger view too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

I wonder if the sounds are recycled or are they new sounds from the Pendolino

• Like Like x 1
  7. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

The train looks nice. :)
    But for me I am looking at what features it includes. The pack is only worth getting if it includes more features than what the original Pendolino pack had. Other wise it just looks like a Virgin livery Pack for the original Pendolino pack.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. VirginVTOC

VirginVTOC New Member

Haha, you silly boy

9. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Awesome! But why are ALL lights on on every picture of the 390? It's neither day nor night. And it can't be markers, because the markers have a much less intensity. Should it be like this, like what you did with the APT-P, where you switched the night lights on for the screenshots? Thanks!

10. Pacerlover23

Pacerlover23 New Member

Will the owners of the old one get a free upgrade or a discount on it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

I'm still waiting on the full feature list so I'll update this once I have that. Please bear with me.

There won't be any new sounds though there has been some love given to the existing ones to improve them across the board.

Bear in mind that this is still in development - so not all the scripting is complete as yet so hence why all the lights are on. I'm still awaiting the full feature list but I would imagine you'll have full control over the lights.

Yep, you can find a more detailed response in this thread.

Best, Steve

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Knowing DTG, probably recycled. It would be more money to spend on the project. By the looks of it, all we're getting is the Virgin livery and that's it. If they're going to have us pay for it, they should give us a completely new version of the Pendolino, not the old one in a Virgin livery. I understand that they did make a few minor changes, but to me it's not enough to justify creating it as a separate DLC. I hope they give a pretty steep discount to people who already own the old Pendolino. Watch them only take like 15 to 25% off. At least they're doing it in the normal Virgin livery and not the crappy new one.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  13. TrainSim-Steve

Actually it has nothing to do with cost, it's about whether Virgin will give us access to the real thing to record audio - they wouldn't so we did the best we could. Also, to correct your comment that it's just a livery, you've clearly missed the comment in the other thread where I said explicitly that this is a complete rebuild to Pro Range standard - which basically means we started again from scratch, something you can clearly see if you compare the screenshots to the one in game.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Train Sim Guy

The Train Sim Guy Active Member

Looking good DTG. All we need now is a 57 to drag it with over to Llandudno ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Well unless I get a pretty good discount from owning the original Pendolino, this isn't gonna be worth my money. I'm not going for some cheesy 20% discount here. It would need to be like 50 or 60% off for me to get it. Sorry, but it just doesn't seem like a new product for me.

16. TrainSim-Steve

I'm therefore confident you'll not be disappointed ;)

Best, Steve

17. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

TS Steve.
    Thanks for all the news and updates, it's great to be kept so well informed.
    Now if you could just let us know that DTG are also throwing in a surprise announcement of a new section of the WCML from Brum to Preston, well that would really be the cherry on the cake this easter. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

A nice and a very welcome addition in my opinionm as I do like these trains a lot. What will happen to those that own the original S9BL Class 390 Pendolino? Would this become an upgrade for that add-on or would this install to a new directory? I am not fussed either way as I can tweak my scenarios to use the new Pendolino train as AI on my scenarios. But I hope that this new Class 390 will include the Alstom branded Pendolino and the Virgin "Ribbon" livery as well.

19. Pendolino1987

Pendolino1987 Member

To be fair i was waiting for a list of features to compare what was different from the 1st release year's ago, the other thing it's the reskin colour do look miles off and unrealistic but waiting for the list of features and more detail's on pack. :)

20. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Can you reveal anything about the release date?
    This week?
    Next week?
    Next month?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  21. BritishRail60062

I am sure there will be more to this new 390 than just a VTWC skin. As I think that DTG should include the Alstom, VT and the new VT liveries to add variations to the pack. Also I can add that extra realism to my scenarios. As for the fictional IC, LMS and the GNER liveries. I have doubts they will be covered on the new 390 unless someone knows something I don't :).

But the Alstom Pendolino livery does look the part though.

22. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

I think the VT flowing silk and the Alstom will be another market place product

23. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

I'm so keen for this!!
    I'm hoping for a release this week :)

Finally I'll be able to drive my favourite train more properly!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Reuben Lee

Reuben Lee New Member

The windows should be tinted black, as because they aren't they look too big. Also, the Virgin badge is a little too low. Other than that, it looks good. Will there be new sounds? I'm happy to see the tilt is working in the cab, and in the passenger view!:)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  25. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

26. TrainSim-Steve

I wish! That would be so cool though wouldn't it? :)

I can't give you specifics as it depends on a number of factors but it will release within the next month or maybe sooner ;)

As I mentioned in this thread, as this is an extensive rework and remodel of the set, and being brought to the Pro Range library, we felt it was more appropriate not to disturb the existing set (as there are numerous scenarios on Workshop and lots of people that still love the original pack). So this version will install into the DTG folder and not the S9BL one.

As for the additional liveries, we won't be doing them at this time. We've focused on creating the most iconic livery they've worn for most of their life. I'm not saying we won't ever do the other liveries (except the Alstom one, as we don't have that licence) because we may do them at some point in the future.

Here's the list of features as promised:
    • Includes both the 9 and 11 vehicle consists of the Pendolino in Virgin Trains West Coast (Classic) Livery
    • Complete rebuild of the Pendolino from scratch including brand new exterior model, enhancement of the cab and passenger interior
    • Completely reworked traction and braking physics to more closely replicate the actual performance of Pendolino
    • Eco and Boost throttle modes
    • Reworked Speed Set to allow more accurate control over speed
    • AWS Brake Demand (Brake will remain on for a set time after failing to acknowledge AWS alarm)
    • Full headlight and marker light control including hazard lights
    • Optional DVD (Driver Vigilance Device)
    • DSD (Driver Safety Device)
    • DRA (Driver Reminder Appliance)
    • Tilt Isolation feature (either via cab switch or via scenario scripting), with corresponding tilt alarm
    • Master Key operation allowing shut down of the cab and control desk
    • Neutral Section operation
    • Full Wiper Control (Intermittent, Slow and Fast)
    • Simplified form of TASS (Tilt Authorization and Speed Supervision), simplified in that speed limits and braking curves are automatically calculated as opposed to receiving information from trackside balises (as the real one does). (TASS will also sound an alarm if 3.5mph above line speed or the braking curve and trigger an emergency brake application if 6mph above).
    • Sanding only available during braking, and automatically applied via emergency braking
    • Four challenging Career Scenarios for the WCML: Trent Valley Route
    • Quick Drive Compatible
    As for the colour, that's all dictated to us by Virgin themselves, so we can't do anything with that. Also, you should bear in mind that we're showing a low quality jpeg image that may have been artificially enhanced to make it more vibrant which may introduce some inherent variation in the colour.

Best, Steve

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  27. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Many thanks for the update Steve!

Sounds very interesting, that's for sure.
    There's no doubt I'm going to get it when it comes out! :)
    TASS sounds very exciting!

• Like Like x 1
  28. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Well I have some more questions about the features.

• Does the "Alarm Acknowledge" button work?
    • How many of the fault lights work?
    • Does neutral sections work with the train?
    • What's the starting procedures? Just like in real life (without TMS and GSM-R)?
    • Is the horn changed to a two-tone horn, just like IRL?
    • Can you open/close doors in the cab or do you need to press the key "T"?
    • Does the DRA work?

29. TrainSim-Steve

Updated my post above to incorporate some of the responses to your questions. The ones not mentioned is the pax door controls, which is still on the T key, the Alarm Acknowledge button works, it has a two-tone horn and I'll need to get back to you on the fault lights - I need more info on this from the Dev guys.

EDIT: All the fault lights can theoretically illuminate but don't actually do anything since most of them will be game over faults.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  30. Reuben Lee

Reuben Lee New Member

I've just looked at the images and it looks like the pantograph coaches are still the wrong way round. Also, there are support to be 6 windows in the end units and 8 in the carriages in between. In the model, there are only 5 windows on the end units.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  31. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks for the feedback Reuben, it should be the right way around in the release version but I've asked the Dev guys to double-check the consist formations.

Best, Steve

32. OpenRailer90

OpenRailer90 New Member

Steve,
    It will be nice to even delay the release a bit just so the more recent Virgin livery can be added. It will save third parties from having to do the work and most people will rather have it included rather than a separate product or freeware download

33. BritishRail60062

Thanks for clearing that up for me TrainSim-Steve. I am looking forward to making use of this new train pack when it is released. As for the Alstom livery and the other odd-ball ones. I am sure that the Train Sim community will take care of that Alstom branded pendolino once the pack is available to the public :).

I wish the development team all the best with this one and there will be Workshop scenarios for this to come from me on the other parts of the WCML for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  34. RileyCwik

RileyCwik New Member

When is this coming out? and will it be added to the game in an update or as a DLC because I realyy want to use a virgin train but the DLC's are so expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  35. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

New in development screenshot ahoy!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  36. Darthprime78

Darthprime78 New Member

Will this be a free update if owners of the 390 have it already or a separate one

37. Darthprime78

Darthprime78 New Member

Hi Steve do u know the release date of it?

38. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Q: Jay, for those that already own the Class 390 will this be a free update?

A: As this is an extensive rework and remodel of the set, and being brought to the Pro Range library, we felt it was more appropriate not to disturb the existing set (as there are numerous scenarios on Workshop and lots of people that still love the original pack). So what this means is that this will release as a separate pack and we're keen to add a reasonable discount for all of you that currently own the existing pack.

39. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Q: Can you reveal anything about the release date?

A: I can't give you specifics as it depends on a number of factors but it will release within the next month or maybe sooner ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  40. PaddyFancy

PaddyFancy New Member

I didn't even notice until I brought that up somewhere else, but the standard class end unit has 5 windows. First class end unit has 6, so that image is correct in that regard.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Hmm...
    IMG_0279.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  42. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Well you learn something new every day, I never new that, never spotted it before. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  43. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

44. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

I was waiting for the fanfare but it seems to have got lost somewhere.
    I am very impressed with it so far.
    Peter.
    I can't quite see what it is that's different with the model to the photo you show?

45. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

The coach U in the 11 car formation has a pantograph well but it is missing in the 11 car version in TS.

46. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Roof on Coach U should look like this - which is a mod of the Old Class 390
    Screenshot_WCML Trent Valley_52.37897--1.25084_10-30-40.jpg