Scenario/route Editor For Train Sim World On Xbox One

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SimFan, Apr 6, 2018.

1. SimFan

SimFan Member

Will there be a route editor to where you can edit existing routes or create your own routes/scenarios within the GWE DLC for Xbox One (and eventually other DLC that are released for the Xbox one version of TSW)?

Would be nice to create you own routes, especially when you have played through all the scenarios.

I know this might take a while to be released, assuming DTG is planning on releasing one, I just haven't been able to find any info.

2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

On PC, there working on the editor tools for contents, routes as well as scenarios. On Xbox however, well see how this will play out because of the console's limitation. Maybe there will be one in the near future, or they may not. Who knows. Still a good idea by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don’t expect to see the editor on Xbox. Not only do you have the issue of the editor taking tons of RAM, more than any Xbox has, as well as tons of hard drive space, which most people don’t have free, you also have to figure out how you would ever control the editor anyway. Trying to work positioning things in a 3D space with lots of selection menus and needing to type lots of things inherently disagrees with a gamepad. Even if it had a mouse cursor controlled by the joysticks as some games do, I think that would just be so cumbersome that nobody would ever want to use the Xbox as a devlopment platform. So even if it was on Xbox, PC would still be the standard place to be making content.

Now what would be nice is is Xbox can still have mods made on PC, even though mods can’t be made on the Xbox itself that doen’t mean it can’t handle the mods.

• Like Like x 5
  4. SimFan

SimFan Member

I forgot about that :)
    Something along the lines of what Bethesda did with Fallout 4 and Skyrim. End users have made mods for both games on PC, then released the mod on consoles.

5. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Unlikely that the Xbox will get the same tools as PC, but it might get some tools.

6. Challenger3985

Will have to agree with pschlik on this one. Editor tools on Xbox would be a nightmare compared to Train Simulators.
    The only problem that's been around on Xbox since release is "Reserved Space" that's where the mods are downloaded and stored. And for Skyrim, it's a 5GB space that will hold as many as it can without going overboard to say unable to download this mod.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  7. SimFan

SimFan Member

Just as a side note, I believe it is the same for fallout 4 too...both games have 5GB reserved for mods.

But how does the reserved space work...is it allocated by Bethesda (talking about Skyrim and fallout 4 here) or microsoft itself when you install either game?

Seems like if DTG wanted to release mods this way, they would have to overcome the space issue, which might be near impossible to do, since most mods might take up more than the allocated 5GB space.

8. Challenger3985

I would say it's mostly for online purpose. It's like Steam workshop, but on the Devs terms.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  9. SimFan

SimFan Member

Makes sense.
    Will have to wait and see I suppose...this might be a feature that is way down the road :)

10. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Gotta focus on getting one created for the PC version first! haha

We'd like to bring some form of editor to the Xbox One version eventually, but it's not in our immediate plans at this time.

- Jay

• Like Like x 1
  11. SimFan

SimFan Member

Slowly but surely...have to tackle things one at a time.

12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think it would be better if the PC version could build Xbox stuff as well as a standalone one for Xbox, maybe building something using UWP would benefit as you'd only have to make it once for both PC and console.

13. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Firstly UWP doesn't run on Windows 7 and secondly I suspect the editor would be too complex for UWP at persent.

14. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

I think the addition of mods would be the way to go for sure. Look at how it was implemented in the Farm Sim, if you play it, it made a huge difference in the enjoyability of the game.