New York City Subway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Special EliteYT, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Special EliteYT

Special EliteYT New Member

I would love to see the New York City Subway in this game. Especially the Alstom Propulsion Trains.

The link leads to a video with the Alstom Propulsion in action. Having this in the game would be lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cory#7390

cory#7390 New Member

You got any exact route in mind? I don't really know anything of NYC subway so would be nice to see what it involves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Special EliteYT

Special EliteYT New Member

I'm not too sure about which route. It doesn't really matter to me personally. As long as they include the Alstom Propulsion Trains I'm happy.

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

There have been multiple requests for the nyc subway to be in tsw2. Personally I would like to see the N, Q and R trains

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Looking for this propulsion in the IRT Line then it's 2,4 & 5 trains R142.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ntrainlover

ntrainlover New Member

If they plan on doing a NYC subway route (which they should since I like operating the Bakerloo line), I think they should have a combined route of the Broadway Express N and Q lines because they share tracks for a portion in Manhattan, have the same terminal in Brooklyn and it would also offer two different routes to get to/from Coney Island in game. For those who don’t know the route I’ll explain it.
    The N starts off elevated in Astoria, Queens then goes underground heading towards midtown Manhattan. The Q starts off underground on the Upper East Side of Manhattan on the Second Avenue Line and makes its way downtown to midtown Manhattan where the two trains both meet up on the Broadway Line and head express towards Brooklyn. These two trains both cross the Manhattan Bridge as they make their way to Brooklyn which would offer a scenic view in game. After they cross the bridge into Brooklyn, the trains head back underground and separate just before DeKalb Avenue station. The N route skips this station heading towards the 4th Avenue Express line making express stops to 59th Street and then proceeds to head above ground to the open cut Sea Beach line making all stops and just before arriving at Coney Island, it’s final stop, it crosses through the Coney Island Yard. The Q on the other hand stops at DeKalb Avenue station and then heads to the Brighton line where it turns into a local service and makes all stops. After a couple more stops, it heads above ground to an open cut portion which then transitions into an elevated structure. The Q also terminates at Coney Island and offers a scenic view of the amusement park rides, beach and other attractions as it approaches the terminal. The N and Q line platforms are also located next to each other in the terminal with the N trains using tracks 1 and 2 and the Q trains using tracks 3 and 4.
    The N uses R46, R68/A and R160B Alstom equipment while the Q uses R46 and R68/A equipment. This offers a good enough variety as you have NTT and SMEE subway cars on the route.
    The lines aren’t super long like the A route but they aren’t short either. The mix of express and local service, the scenery along the Brighton Line in Brooklyn and the Astoria Line in Queens, and the fact that these two both run along Broadway in Manhattan is the reason why I feel like the N and Q Broadway Express trains should be in Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Yet another subway request - as the footer says ‘We want more subways’. Any chance of the ‘We’ identifying who they are?

Let’s look at the ‘N’ line as an example why NY subway lines aren’t good candidates. Look at the Bakerloo line that exists. Underground nice simple curving or straight platforms that all look pretty much the same. No bridges, just pedestrian tunnels as the side. Generally one line in view. That’s how the performance is kept reasonable on both consoles and PCs.

Now lets look at the ‘N’ station at Herald Square. Way more complicated than the London Underground ones. If nothing more look at the ceiling heights, way more than an deep bore LT line. And those wide tunnels, fast and slow lines - what sort of performance are you expecting? Oh, and the Manhattan Bridge, that’ll be fun to model. Add in 45 stations, the need to model some pretty dense scenery (if only from the bridge) towards Lower Manhattan. 75 minutes end to end (that has to be way more than other TSW lines) and perhaps there might be some more obvious choices that might suggest a $30 price tag?

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Here is another problem with that Dekalb Avenue Junction towards Manhattan Bridge what happens is this the Q train gets held while N train goes past it. Train announcements you are likely to hear is this ladies and gentlemen we are momentarily held by the train dispatcher due to high train traffic ahead. Try to pass signal at danger you're going to trigger a stop arm which will put the train on emergency brakes.

9. ntrainlover

ntrainlover New Member

I didn’t say it was going to be easy, I’m just giving suggestions for routes that I would want to see in the game that I paid for. I think the lines would be doable and if need be DTG can shrink the lines I mentioned into shuttle routes since most routes aren’t full length in the game regardless. Some people are critical of subways while others love them. To add on, the subway scene is lacking in TSW and the addition of ANY NYC subway line would definitely bring it to life and bring in tons of money for them.

10. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

ntrainlover the subway scene isn’t lacking in TSW. The Bakerloo line is not an old route.How would shuttle routes work, are you suggesting splitting lines into parts? As for definitely bringing in tons of money personally I doubt it but perhaps you have more information on that than I do?

11. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I think a Subway route in London or NYC would be popular enough for DTG to make a lot of sales off of them.

• Like Like x 2