Tsw Route Proposal - Tyne Wear Metro

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AyrtonS8, Dec 15, 2017.

1. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

TSW Route Proposal - Tyne Wear Metro

The Tyne and Wear Metro is a Metro system in Newcastle and Sunderland in the North East of England, UK. The route is 48 miles in length and has 60 stations in total. In this route proposal I will talk about the route, trains and features that should be included in this pack if it was to get made for Train Sim World.

Route
    As stated earlier, the route is 48 miles in length. I think this is currently achievable as TSW Great Western Express is around 35 miles in length and the gap between 35 and 48 miles is not massive. There are 60 stations on the Tyne Wear Metro network. The newest station is Simonside which was opened in 2008. 9 of the 60 stations are Underground. We know that underground stations are possible in TSW as we can see in the latest TSW add-on, TSW Rapid Transit. This is also the first railway in the UK to use the Metric system.

The Tyne Wear Metro route is split into 2 lines. The Green Line and the Yellow Line. The Green Line runs mainly in a North South direction connecting Sunderland and Newcastle Airport via Newcastle City Centre. The Yellow line runs mainly in a East West direction connecting Newcastle City Centre to the Coast. You can see the 2 Lines and all the Stations in the Map below.
    [​IMG]

As stated earlier, the whole Network is 48 Miles in length. That may not sound like a lot but the driving time is quite big. When driving services, it takes 1 hour to drive the Green line end to end and takes around 1 hour 30 minutes to drive the Yellow line end to end. So together thats 2 and half hours worth of driving services on the whole Network on just 48 miles of track. Having a route like Tyne Wear Metro in TSW would include a lot of driving time which is something people want with routes in TSW (including me).

Below is a video of a cab view ride on the Green Line from Airport to South Hylton, by 'snowyrails'. It gives a good feeling and look of what the route should be like in TSW. More cab view videos can be found on YouTube by the same person and others.

This image below shows the underground section of where the route goes through Newcastle City Centre. Its also shows where the mainlines run through Newcastle. Driving through the tunnels will provide a challenge to the driver/player as you will need to learn this part of the route so you know where your braking points are for the up-coming underground stations. For some of the stations, you don't see them until you are seconds away from entering the platform.
    [​IMG]

There are many unique and impressive stations on the network. They range from historic/old stations to modern designed stations. Here are just a few listed below.

Tynemouth - This is a historic station on the network which dates back to 1882 and became a metro station in 1980. It is a grade 2 listed building. One of the reasons it is well known for is for the station market which is there on weekends. This is one of the coast stations on the Yellow Line.
    [​IMG]

Haymarket -
    This station is one of the underground stations in Newcastle City Centre. It is the deepest station on the network and is used by approximately 6 million passengers a year. The station underwent a rebuild which was completed in late 2009. It is one of the modern underground stations with unique features such as the different coloured tunnel arches at each end of the platforms.
    [​IMG]

Sunderland - This is one of the main stations on the network which is used also by national rail services. It is underground in Sunderland City Centre and has train services by Northern and Grand Central as well as Tyne Wear Metro stop there. One of its unique features is the light wall which shows shadows of people walking along the platform.
    [​IMG]

Route Features

Their are many features that can be added to this route and can range from things like scenery to operations. Here are just a few things I would like to see in this pack.

Queen Elizabeth II Metro Bridge -
    This is the bridge that the Tyne Wear Metro uses to get over the River Tyne. Its one of the many iconic bridges over the River Tyne. As can be seen in the image below, the bridge is not straight from end to end, its slightly arched. It will be more interesting when driving across the bridge and is definitely something to look out for. I think it would be pretty cool to look out across the river from the train either as a driver or a passenger and see all the bridges across the River Tyne, especially at night when all the bridges are lit up.
    [​IMG]

Newcastle Airport - This is one of the terminus points on the network. Newcastle Airport station is right next to the airport itself. What I would like to see here is air planes taking off and landing when nearby the airport. This would be cool to see and it would be something to look out for when driving or trainspotting in the area. This is something already included in TS1, Gatwick Airport on the London Brighton route being one of them.
    [​IMG]

Heaton TMD - Chillingham Road Metro station is right next to Heaton Train Maintenance Depot in Newcastle. Heaton TMD is owned by Northern and you can see trains there not just by Northern but also Grand Central and LNER. It would be nice to see some depot operations here like refuelling trains etc. It would offer something a little different in the pack for the player to do apart from just driving Metro services.
    [​IMG]

Electronic Station Boards - At every Metro station there are electronic station boards showing the destination of the next few Metro trains to arrive at the station and how long till they arrive in minutes. If this route is made for TSW, I think it will be a great route to include this feature as it will make it easier for the player to see when the next train is due to arrive at the station the player is at, rather than the player having to look at a timetable since there are a lot of services.
    We have got working PIS boards in the TSW2 London Underground route which uses the service mode timetable. This shows that it can be done in game, so the system can be used in this route proposal too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So they're just a few features I would like to see in the route. Is there anything else I want to mention that should be in the route? Yes there is!

I would like to see Newcastle Central Station in the route (Not the Metro Station, the main station on the ECML I mean). It is very easy to leave it out as you won't be able to see it when driving on the Metro line as you will be driving underground at that point. But their is a few reasons why I would like it in the pack.
    1) More services to drive. There can be more services to drive in the pack which I will get on to later in this proposal article.
    2) More
    expansion options. With Newcastle Station and the surrounding area already modelled, it can be used in other packs. Its an excuse to build more routes with Newcastle in it. ECML from Newcastle to York or Edinburgh for example.
    3) Further Trainspotting options. It would be nice to get off a Metro at Central Station and walk up the stairs into Newcastle Station to do some trainspotting or explore.

Below is a video by Geoff Marshall were he travels around the network and talks about different things of the Tyne Wear Metro such and the trains, stations and history of the network. I found it very interesting to watch and even learnt some things I didn't know about, such as some of the signs at Wallsend station are in Latin.

Trains
    So we have looked at the route and its features in the pack. But what trains should be included to run on the route?

BR Class 994 'Metrocar' - The main train of this pack will be the BR Class 994 'Metrocar'. These have served the Tyne Wear Metro Network for many years. They have been refurbished lots of times and had many liveries. A full refurbishment of the fleet took place very recently between 2010 and 2015 and they are expected to remain in service until 2025. The home of this fleet is the Tyne Wear Metro Depot in Gosforth, very near to South Gosforth Station.

The Metrocar has a top speed of 80 Km/h (50 Mph) and they weigh 40 Tonnes. There are 90 units in total. In the first years they ran as single sets but due to overcrowding they run as double sets now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One feature that I like with this train, which will be great for passenger mode, is the windows at the front of the train that you can see out off as a passenger. My personal favourite seat is at the front of the train so that I can look out of the window and look down the line when travelling on the Tyne Wear Metro. If this gets made for TSW, you wont have to break that realistic experience by going into the drivers cab as a passenger to look out the front window of the train. The front window on the Metrocar will open up a lot more stuff to see out of the train as a passenger such as oncoming trains for example while keeping the realistic experience as a passenger.

Hunslet Battery-Electric Locos - Tyne Wear Metro owns 3 battery-electric locos made by Hunslet for use on their network. They are named BL1, BL2 and BL3, and each of them weigh 26 Tonnes separately. These are used for rescuing failed trains, engineering work etc. Including this train would provide many options for scenario creators and would be a train to look out for while driving/travelling on the route.
    The short video below, by 'Trains With Kyle', shows the Hunslet locos in operation on the network.

[​IMG]

So they are the 2 main trains/locos that should be included in the pack. What other trains do I think could be included in the pack.

BR Class 142 'Pacer' - Northern Rail run services between Newcastle and Middlesbrough via Sunderland. They run on track parallel to the Metro line between Newcastle and Pelaw with them doing a service stop at Heworth. At Pelaw they join the Metro line and head to Sunderland. With this train included in the pack, it would provide a fast service between Newcastle and Sunderland. This is one of the reasons why I said for Newcastle main station to be included.
    [​IMG]
    Another reason why I think the Class 142 Pacer should be included is that this train wont be around much longer doing services. They are no longer seen now on the Durham Coast Line and very rarely seen in the Newcastle area as Class 158s have taken over services along with the Class 156s. Some heritage lines have taken some Class 142s, so getting recordings and reference material shouldn't be too impossible. I think this pack should include a Class 142 for a historic reason as well as other reasons.

BR Class 180 'Adelante' - Grand Central run services from Sunderland to London Kings Cross via the Durham Coast Line and East Coast Mainline. Including this train will mean players can run this train between Sunderland and Heaton Depot in Newcastle where they are based. It also makes Sunderland station more of a Mainline station and not just a Metro stop. Having this train adds more variety also into the pack as it includes a Mainline Express train.
    [​IMG]
    The Class 180s are diesel-hydraulic multiple-unit trains that are part of the Coradia family of trains. They were built by Alstom in Birmingham between 2000 and 2001. 14 sets were built and each set is made up of 5 carriages.

BR Class 66 - Freight trains are usually seen on the line between Newcastle and Sunderland. A lot of freight trains are heading to and from Tyne Coal Terminal, which is an area that could be modelled in the route. If this loco is added in the pack, it can provided a freight option for players.
    [​IMG]

So they are just a few extra trains/locos I think could be added into the pack.

So why do I think this pack should be created for TSW? I think this pack adds something a little bit different to Train sim than what we are used to seeing. We have got the London Underground for TSW which is a modern UK Metro, but this proposal of the Tyne Wear Metro has a mix of Metro, National Rail services and Freight services in one route. If a lot of what I have mentioned in this proposal article gets added into the pack then there is a lot of variety for the player to do. Lots of areas for Trainspotting (Newcastle Station being a main area), multiple routes/lines to travel on as a passenger, depot operations at Gosforth Metro Depot and Heaton TMD etc as well would mean there is a lot to see and do. Also there are lots of scenario possibilities, especially if editor tools get released so people can make scenarios for Steam Workshop and Community Websites.

So that's what I think. Please leave your comments below about weather this pack could be made for TSW or not.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 116
  2. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Awesome proposal! I was in Newcastle a while ago and I used the Metro quite a lot. It's a nice system and it would be nice to have in TSW.

I like your proposal to include the main National Rail station, it could be a starting point for future DLC in the area (the ECML).

• Like Like x 10
  3. AyrtonS8

Thanks. I think adding Newcastle's Main station would be good. It would be nice to walk around the main station then walking down the stairs to the underground metro station :)

There's other proposals suggesting Newcastle too so it seems to be popular :)

• Like Like x 11
  4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Brilliant proposal, very comprehensive! This is a route i personally would love to see come to the game eventually, so i'll be extra pushy witht the devs with this one! :P

- Jay

• Like Like x 17
  5. AyrtonS8

Thank you :)

I would love this route to be made in TSW. And if it was, I would probably cry with happiness long before its release and after its release, lol :D

• Like Like x 9
  6. cosmo

cosmo Active Member

As a Newcastle local I've been waiting and hoping someone would do this route for a while - especially since the Class 994s are soon to be replaced with the new units Nexus are ordering in. The route is one I use often and I'd sure love to see it in TSW!

I think the route uses an Indusi system which isn't too dissimilar from the PZB system in the Rapid Transit pack so once that's fixed I'd hope this wouldn't be too far a stretch. In fact the 994s are based on old German trains too, funny enough :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  7. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

There's been a lot of demand for this route over the years and I'm glad to see that. There are a lot of routes of out Newcastle and I find it to be a very interesting city for railroading in general. So I'm in favor of Tyne & Wear Metro for sure.

• Like Like x 5
  8. AyrtonS8

It will be sad to see the current Metro stock go. I always used the Metro when travelling between Newcastle and Sunderland when growing up. Just hope they get made for TSW before they go.

• Like Like x 6
  9. AyrtonS8

Yes. I hear people asking for this route and would like to see this route in TS lots of times. But now that we have TSW, I think this route would suit TSW more than TS1 personally :D

• Like Like x 7
  10. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

As a Sunderland local - I would also support this route, just so Sunderland could let me down one more time, just this time - virtually.

• Like Like x 4
  11. AyrtonS8

I think it would be awesome if they could get the light board thing with the shadows of people walking along the platform at Sunderland station working in TSW.
    Also trainspotting at Sunderland station in TSW would be pretty cool too :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

one of the most common complaints so far has been the lackof life on the routes - why not base it on a match day - obviously can use low LODs - but have the fans visible on the Iron bridge, and walking towards the stadium of light....one way to make it look alive, probably the only way to add life to the route haha.

• Like Like x 3
  13. AyrtonS8

Yeah. A match day scenario where there are lots of passengers/football fans using the Metro. Sounds cool :)

• Like Like x 5
  14. AyrtonS8

(26/02/2018) Article updated to include more information of trains and route, and more personal opinions :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. AyrtonS8

(04/04/2018) Article update to include more route features and information :)

• Like Like x 6
  16. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

ok, the fact you are being so strongly downvoted - by individuals known to most for being almost crusade like for a certain route is utterly ridiculous - the farce that this forum is becoming because of these *a certain route in North America* individuals, please, let the guy have his proposal - we let you have yours, every time you rampage for it. you are aware there are other routes people want aside yours right guys? downvote me, I know you will - but id rather someone called you out for your BS, and made you aware that you are making yourself a joke within the community, that is enough.

AyrtonS8 please dont get discouraged or what not by these downvotes, your proposal is solid, and many of us support it - but these individuals have committed the same sh** for too long now.

• Like Like x 18
  17. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I like your proposal I think it would be a great fit in TSW, do not let others get you down like NAYDOG has said.

• Like Like x 5
  18. AyrtonS8

Thank you for your message. It is very much appreciated :)

• Like Like x 6
  19. DictatorDono

DictatorDono Member

I've started development of this route in TS1 (it won't release for TS1, I simply am using it as a test bed for my assets before the SDK for TSW comes along). The initial plan is to build Haymarket or South Gosforth to Pelaw, I only have myself and potentially a friend to build it so I'm not being overly ambitious. I did try to reach out to DTG about the partner programme but sadly I got no response (the facebook page didn't respond to my message, and the email address I tried to use didn't appear to be correct, if a DTG staff member could direct me to the correct channel there :) )

I am rather lacking when it comes to technical data. I've got some information from Nexus (the operator) about the modifications to Indusi they made (via Freedom of Information requests) but I'm hoping there are better methods of research I haven't thought about.

The good news is that once technicalities are out the way, it's very each to obtain 'cab rides' compared to the mainline.

I've attached a photo of the QE2 bridge I started, I haven't started proper texturing and the geometry will likely be changed extensively if I can obtain some info on the bridge (you may have noticed riding over it that the two ends are on a steep gradient, I'd like to be able to model that accurately).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  20. AyrtonS8

Interesting. I have tried route building in the past on TS1 but found it quite difficult. Hopefully it might be easier to build routes in TSW, if/when the route building tools are released.

Nice asset of the Metro bridge :)

• Like Like x 5
  21. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Cute little speech, there. How sway.

While you’re defending his proposal despite the fact 85% of the votes are positive, I don’t see you caping on routes based in the US, but because it’s a route that is so dear to you, it’s not okay that people downvoting it. He’s downvoted my proposal, don’t see me crying about it. I’ve written up two proposals in the TS section which both tops all others in views. But who cares, right? It’s only about routes based in America.

But while your part of the world has seen plenty of content made for it, some of you sit here acting like every single time an American route is done, UK is all of sudden treated like a red-headed stepchild. Whine and complain every single time, as if nothing outside of the borders in which you live, eat, take a dump in, matters none. You folks can get like 3 UK routes offered in a row, the second they announce and release a German, or US route especially. A lot of you go and have conniptions.

Also.. it’s just downvotes. You on here speaking on folks downvoting as if is anyone’s life depends on it. Did this come to you in private message threatening to blow his brains out because he felt his proposal was going to go down the tubes over it? Get a pulse, seriously. You folks these days have been so conditioned with the fact that validation is so important over the internet that you take whether someone shows their disagreement with a downvote so personally.

It’s hilarious, pathetic, and sad all at the same time. This is all really just a tool to give DTG an idea of what the folks in the community want to see in the future. Instead of wasting time and resources on product that may not sell. ;

• Like Like x 5
  22. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Do you really think I care about your thread views? If it's a good proposal, from anywhere in the world I'll support it.

you do you, pretend you're important or whatever else you do - but from me personally I want all content, and clearly you have some angst against UK content and UK simmers - which fits perfectly into the opinion alot of us have of you anyway.

Have a good day, but please, fell free to stamp all over this thread with another long, cute reply - how about we agree us 2 aren't going to get along - you dont care for my opinion, I dont care for yours - and we both leave this thread as it is as not to drag the thread down the gutter?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  23. AyrtonS8

I don't complain about routes outside the UK being made. I actually want DTG to introduce new countries into TSW and not just America, UK and Germany. I own both American routes for TSW and I actually enjoy CSX Heavy Haul.

The proposal was mainly to encourage different types of routes and trains being made for TSW with regards to UK content. We usually see mainlines being made for UK content. Great Western Mainline has already been made for TSW and I wont be surprised if we see another mainline route in the UK made for TSW like London Brighton, East Coast Mainline, West Coast Mainline etc. I would personally like to see something a bit different. We haven't got a modern UK Metro route yet in TS1, never mind TSW. Plus most UK content is based in the South of the UK, there isn't much in the North.

You go on about your proposal having the most views. I'm sorry but DTG are not going to make it simply because it has the most views. If that was the case then lots of people will be making proposals for there favourite routes and trains to be made, then will be asking for views and doing there best to make sure there proposals will get lots of views. That's not how a company works.

I'm not bothered about the downvotes because at the end of the day DTG arn't going to choose routes based on just which proposals have the most upvotes and which ones have the least downvotes. It will all come down to how much research and information they can get on the route and trains, have they got/can they get licencing for the brands and logos etc.

• Like Like x 9
  24. rare_common_sense

Clearly, you as well as the “damsel in distress” are electing to interpret my point for the sake of an argument and trying to deflect.

Nothing in what I said, indicated that I have something against UK content, or simmers. I do have a problem with those who complain and moan about content as if nothing is ever done. And you’re right. Who cares about views. I absolutely agree. That’s my point. You made this about silly downvotes. As if folks aren’t allowed to disagree. As if it truly mattered whether the routes gets done or not. I’m not concerned about our disagreements or whether we get along. I just see your statement as one sided because you’re worried so much about how many downvotes someone gets on this thread. Why is that really even an issue. Let people downvote whatever they want.. even my own posts. It doesn’t change my perspective views of what I see and continue to witness.

I also have plenty of UK content. German content. I also like to have content from other territories, as long as it interests me. So you’re not saying anything. And making assumptions about what I have against based on what I said about the whiners who sit and act like there’s never enough content, despite the fact most of it consists of content in their respective regions. If you’d like, Check the Facebook posts, the steam forums if you looking for receipts provided. It may not be you doing it. But a lot of you do it. That is fact.

So, again.. you’re making a case over something that’s allowed to be done, that anyone, including you and the “damsel in distress” who you came on here caping for, is allowed to do and has done. As to why anyone does it requires no explanation whatsoever.

• Like Like x 9
  25. AyrtonS8

Please point to where I have said that I am not happy about downvotes.

Like I stated earlier, DTG arn't going to focus on Upvotes and Downvotes to decided on what could get made. That would be unfair on people. So is there really any need to get angry and upset about downvotes? To me its not.

I totally agree for people to have an opinion. I disagree with a variety of different things while other people agree with them. People are aloud to have there own opinions, its part of life. In my opinion, the Upvote and Downvote system is pointless and if there was an option to turn it off in my thread, I would.

Also, please don't refer to me as a "Damsel in Distress".

• Like Like x 10
  26. rare_common_sense

Try to actually read what is said in full, with a decent level of comprehension. And while on that subject real quick, the correct pronunciation is “allowed”. You’re welcome.

Now..

Though you were referred to in a way that you found to be unfavorable, I was directing complaints about downvotes solely to the person I quoted. So there’s nothing to point out. You jumping in front of bullets that aren’t meant for you. Now, here you are, directing rhetorical questions to me about being upset and angry over the vote system when it was your little savior who initiated the whole topic on the first place.

I’m not upset about it, but I’m not going to sit by and watch folks think they can tell others about themselves over something they’re allowed to do on here. FOH!!

• Like Like x 3
  27. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well, heck, the real question should be WHY this was done. After all this talk on what was done and pointing fingers (while 3 point back at you). If votes are so meaningless, then what is the point in going out of the way to downvote things? I just don't get why something so apparently meaningless is worth defending so much.

• Like Like x 6
  28. rare_common_sense

What I’m not understanding is how meaningless it may or may not be, yet such a huge deal is made over it in the first place. But according to the one who complained and made such a statement over what is allowed, that, they themselves have exercised and, I’m the one dragging this thread in the gutter. Lol

Nobody, according to what I’ve read in the thread has said anything remotely negative, just gave a thumbs down, and it’s a problem. Like just let people disagree (downvote) about something without explanation and being labeled immature for doing so. It’s not that serious.

• Like Like x 2
  29. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

I think the Tyne and Wear Metro would be a great route for TSW, along with all the extra stock that has been proposed to go with it.

• Like Like x 8
  30. AyrtonS8

I'm not expecting Dovetail to make all the extra stock I mentioned for the route, if it gets made, but it would be pretty cool if they did. After all, 2 of the extra stock have already been made so its just a case of making new liverys for them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Matt does have a particular fondness for the Pacer too. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  32. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

You people are absolutely pathetic. The UK gets more then twice the amount of content in TS/TSW then any other region and you guys cry like children when the parents decide to give another child some attention. Unfortunately we don’t have legit moderators around here to keep the conversations neutral and peaceful, but who really cares anyways? I don’t know if you remember, but the man your defending (Ayrton) has gone to most of my threads and downvoted them, and not just downvoted but in the Hudson line thread on the TSW forums, he even left a comment and said he would rather them do this route instead. Never have I ever seen any person do that besides for the UK route advocates, and trust me I don’t have anything against anyone, but it’s upsetting that this is what happens. Now please, before you make a comment like that, do a little bit more research then just looking at downvotes, thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Lawjester Don't know about downvotes but this doesn't say that he wants his route over the Hudson Line at all:
    "I know I would love to see the route I suggested for TSW being made but I'm not go as far as to say that they are making it or going to make it. There are lots of other routes that are a very easy choice for DTG to make first."

It just says that he would like his route to be made.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  34. AyrtonS8

I think you need to go back and read my comment again ;)

I did not say I wanted DTG to make my route proposal over any other. I don't even expect DTG to make mine or any other peoples proposals in the near future. I have a feeling DTG have already got a plan on what they want to do for TSW.

Plus how can you say that there is twice the amount of UK content for TSW when currently there are 2 American routes for TSW and only 1 UK.

• Like Like x 5
  35. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

There is also the GP40-2 dlc so 3 American and 1 UK dlc.

• Like Like x 3
  36. TicklishPickleWickles

TicklishPickleWickles New Member

This is what we need!

• Like Like x 2
  37. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

You’re not looking at the bigger picture here. DTG started TSW with HH, then they went to the UK and then to Germany and then US again. This is their cycle of release, so if they started off with a UK DLC then it would’ve been vice versa and you would’ve had more content. I wouldn’t worry if I was in your shoes, soon enough, DTG will just drop what they’re currently in terms of releasing content, and start doing mostly UK content, rarely going out of that region, so I guess we the minority’s should enjoy it while we can! Also look at TS, UK content is released every week to every other week, I’ve not seen a full current era passenger route since exactly today a year ago (April 12th), when we received the Morristown line on the NJT, not counting the Caltrain extension since that was only a small addition. You guys are receiving a full redo of the York to Peterborough, to make it modern times, and a redo of the class 390, all we’re getting is a small extension on Soldier Summit to Salt Lake City (freight not passenger).

You guys are very privileged, and it doesn’t seem like you realize that, and unfortunately if DTG is still running the company and making the content, this will never change.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

New York to Peterborough (modern) is not by DTG though.

• Like Like x 1
  39. AyrtonS8

I think the reason there is a lot of UK content is because of the fact that there are a lot of UK 3rd Party developers; Armstrong Powerhouse, Just Trains, Creative Rail, Masterkey Simulations, and many more.

If your unhappy due to DTG not focusing on American content then talk to DTG about it. There's no point talking about it in this thread because, 1) This is a route proposal thread and not a thread about other content/future content, and 2) Dovetail are unlikely to see your issue here. Maybe as a suggestion, make a thread about this topic and then people can freely talk about DTG not making much American content. ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  40. cosmo

cosmo Active Member

Were this to ever happen of course I'd hope we could have both lines, but if we could only have one then I'd probably punt for the yellow line as it's coastal and don't think we've had many coastal lines yet. Of course having both makes the Metro and wouldn't be the same without both!

• Like Like x 3
  41. AyrtonS8

Both of the lines together is only 48 miles in length and I think it is certainly do-able in TSW. TSW is lacking in network style routes so both lines included in the pack creates a network style route. Plus I think your right in regards to the Metro wouldn't be the same without both together :)

• Like Like x 2
  42. TicklishPickleWickles

[Private Project]

After Months and Months of Building the replica of Heworth Metro Station. I am half way there on Google Sketchup. I have many Bugs, Patches, Changes and Fixes to be made. All the textures are by me and will continue to bring the highest quality out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  43. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Awesome route suggestion!!!

• Like Like x 4
  44. AyrtonS8

Looks very good. I have never used Heworth Station but have a rough idea of how it looks. :)

Thank you. Would really like this route to be in TSW and to me it feels like it should be in TSW at some point. :)

• Like Like x 2
  45. gordon bryce

gordon bryce New Member

Looks great i would also add to this how about utilising a DLC with the same game and routes,train stations as they were in the late 60s or early 70s with a selection of DMU's before these stations were upgraded for the Metro system back in 1980.

• Like Like x 2
  46. TicklishPickleWickles

July 2018 Progress so far

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  47. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Doesnt matter how many votes it gets.....were almost 12months past GWE and all the votes to go for DLC/extending that have been ignored so save your time guys.

• Like Like x 2
  48. djos18

djos18 Member

Id love it

• Like Like x 2
  49. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I guess we don't need a bump but I have been seeing some people talk about this line, not realizing that there is already a discussion here. I guess all the low effort "proposals" have hidden some of the good ones. We could probably do with a system to keep the good ones in view and ignore the lazy ones.

• Like Like x 5
  50. DictatorDono

DictatorDono Member

I'm happy to report that I'm working with Nexus to bring the Tyne and Wear Metro to TS18. In fact I'm visiting the depot for train and cab access tomorrow. And as this is in the TSW forum, subject to the 3rd party tools arriving in a reasonable time frame, development will be switched to that.

• Like Like x 7