Northern Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Of course im not saying the next line would be the northern line. What I said is since you seem to not like this route is that if it ever came to fruition, you don't have to buy it. If there's any route that ever came to fruition and if you don't like it, don't buy it. If there is any route on the current roadmap that you don't like, you don't have to get it. You also gave reasons why the route can't be made but those reasons don't have a leg to stand on since the route isn't that long and the dispatcher is being upgraded.

2. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

You’re wasting your time arguing with someone who only see’s his opinion as valid. Probably best to just ignore his remarks going forward and let him hate on other people’s opinions and deny it at the same time lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

So not liking a poor proposal is hating is it Noddy? Should I happy clap all the poor subway proposals? Is that the point of the forum?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  4. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

And you keep hating ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Medellinexpat

You are right, none of these poor proposals will ever see the light of day, might as well let it go.

6. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

You must be a failed applicant with hostility. You clearly show a lack of knowledge of the future of our operations despite automation. Keep trying buddy, you may get there one day. Now, I’m going to engage with people who actually respect others opinions. Good talk. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

You don’t have to like all proposals, that’s absolutely fine. In fact, that’s not even the issue. My issue with you is you make the same remarks on all posts regarding it. You’re just spouting repetitive nonsense at this point. That’s why I said to you if a route is released that’s not to your liking, simply don’t purchase it. That’s the logical approach. Your approach has been nothing short of ridiculous and if anything, amusing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

Keep saying repetitive nonsense. You complain that people be spamming on threads yet you are a hypocrite since you spam the same criticism on a Jubliee line thread when a new member of the forums asked for the Jubilee line. You don't have a valid reason as to why a subway route can't be made but I'm not gonna try to convince you as to why your reasons are not valid anymore since you keep saying the same nonsense. You don't have to agree with the suggestion or every proposal. I certainly don't agree with every proposal but if you have a route that you would like to see since your not interested in subway routes, slap it in the suggestions thread. Heck maybe I would be interested in a route you would like to be in the game. If If this route were ever to be made, don't get it since it's clear you don't like it. It's common sense.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Medellinexpat

So I need to stop and just not buy the route whereas you can post on multiple threads - for multiple subway proposals - that yes, yes, we must have all these subway routes. Other people put a lot of time and effort into suggesting decent ideas for new routes but for some reason the Subway crowd think that just mentioning a subway system or a line is all that is needed, together with some statement about how it will make ‘tons of money’.

10. tallboy7648

Since you work in London Underground, I hear that most of the trains are automatic but can you drive a train like the S stock manually?

• Like Like x 1
  11. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

Right now you remind me of a stroppy child having a paddy because he has to purchase something he doesn’t want! :D

You’re not legally obligated to purchase every route on the game just because you have it. Don’t threat, the Dovetail team won’t come and track you down for not buying a route that has zero appeal to you. Are you for real?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 the Jubilee line thread is a classic example of the subway crowd thinking all they have to do is mention a line and thats a proposal. Let’s recap the whole proposal

‘Please do more London Underground lines but epically the Jubilee line with the PSD!’

13. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Subways are really Handy and Great to drive, but not to agree with anyone, Mainline or Normal Rail services are my cup of tea.
    Not to choose sides, i'd like to see the NL as it is quite long and would be quite fun to try to keep to the Timetable.

14. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

All automatic trains can be driven manually but you are restricted as to what you can do. It’s not like pre-automation when you can just take complete control of the train. That’s why so many T/O’s (Train Ops) and I/O’s (Instructor Operators) do get bored, which I understand completely.

• Like Like x 2
  15. tallboy7648

Bro there might be a new member of the forum or the game who suggests a subway route. That's not a bad thing. You don't have to agree with it but saying unnecessary things like you did in the Jubilee line thread which btw the op of that thread was a new member was simply unnecessary

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

What is the max speed of let's say the s stock if the train is in manual mode?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Medellinexpat

‘All automatic trains can be driven manually but you are restricted as to what you can do. It’s not like pre-automation when you can just take complete control of the train. That’s why so many T/O’s (Train Ops) and I/O’s (Instructor Operators) do get bored, which I understand completely.’

Finally we agree. And this is the principal reason that modern subway routes make poor choices

18. tallboy7648

The New York city subway trains are all manual operation just to let you know and I don't agree that modern subway routes are poor choices

• Like Like x 1
  19. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

I was chatting with an instructor the other day and he did tell me. It’s not that fast. I know approaches through closed station has been increased from 5mph to 18mph.

And a little bit of schooling for our subway fan... Not all of the Underground network can or will be automated. The District and Met lines share tracks with some of Network Rail’s infrastructure and because most national rail trains are still manually operated, parts of the District line and Met lines will remain manual, thus drivers will be needed!

• Like Like x 2
  20. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

I never stated my opinion on the time in which the route should be made for. It has been suggested you could go old school or pre-automation. So, it can be done. It wouldn’t be easy, but it’s not impossible.

• Like Like x 2
  21. tallboy7648

Which lines will be fully automated and will not be fully automated then?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Medellinexpat

So,tallboy7648 you keep flipping around. What route is it that you are embracing. First it was the Northern, then the NY subway, oh then it was Baltimore, and now the Jubilee is a great idea. Ok, we’re back to NY now.

23. djhawtin1

All, once the new stock arrive

24. tallboy7648

I didn't suggest Baltimore at all. You said modern subways are a poor choice because they are all automatic but that statement was simply false because not all subway systems have automatic train control

25. djhawtin1

Mate please, Calm it down, you can unwatch at anytime

• Like Like x 2
  26. tallboy7648

If the Metropolitan and District lines then are still partially manually operated, it takes the argument away that all London Underground lines are fully automated. Personally I would love to see more high speed content as that is my favorite in the sim but I do like subways and commuter rail as well. Personally I think the reason why there are many suggestions for subway routes is because of the sheer lack of them in ts amd tsw2

• Like Like x 1
  27. Medellinexpat

Don’t have to look far on Reddit for postings that started this subway mania here. Some posters even use the same handle on both platforms.

28. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

Nope. As I mentioned, parts of the District line and Met lines cannot be operated automatically because we share assets with Network Rail and they don’t have the trains or facilities for automation, so they won’t be fully automated for a very long time.

When the new tube stock arrives, the Piccadilly line will not be receiving new signalling in the near future, so drivers will need to be present. The trains however will be equipped for automation when new signalling eventually does take place.

• Like Like x 3
  29. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

Correct, because it isn’t fully automated. Until Network Rail catch up to us and fully automate their assets with us in our shared sections, LU will not be fully automated.

• Like Like x 2
  30. tallboy7648

So basically if I understand this correctly routes that run alongside network rail lines are not automatic. So can the S7 stock on the Met and District lines reach max speed when on parts of the route that require manual operation? Also I've seen the new deep tube trains that are supposed to enter service in a tfl video that's a few years old so can those trains be driven manually to it's max speed or will the manual operation have a restricted mode and can't be driven manually to it's max speed?

• Like Like x 1
  31. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

So as you probably know already, parts of our network shares tracks with Network Rail. Bakerloo line from Queen’s PK to Harrow, District line on parts of the Wimbledon and Richmond branch, Met line from Wembley north in parts where they share tracks with Chiltern. Sections we share are actually owned by Network Rail, so we operate on their assets and they have priority over us.

In terms of the new tube stock, I don’t have a clue how manual operation will occur on automated lines, but they will be able to run at full capacity on the Picc when introduced pre-resignalling.

• Like Like x 2
  32. tallboy7648

I see. I knew the Bakerloo waa fully manual but wasn't sure about lines in the sub-surface network. Some have said most of the lines are fully automated hence why they don't want to see another underground line which is understandable but that's not 100% true. The Northern line I assume is fully automated and if the 1995 tube stock was put in manual, it wouldn't reach a top speed or the speed limit on the line.

• Like Like x 1
  33. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

The only lines that are fully automated are Central, Jubilee, Northern and Victoria lines.

A chunk of the District line between Stepney Green and Monument are now automated. Most of the Met is automated. Most of the Hammersmith and City is automated and a good chunk of the Circle is automated. When the next phase of automation roles out soon (west of Monument) that will bring the Circle line to complete automation and then finally the east end of the District which will make the H&C fully automated and most of the District.

• Like Like x 2
  34. tallboy7648

Oh I see now. So it seems the sub-surface lines and I guess the Waterloo & City line would make a bit more sense to be in the game since those lines are not fully automated and can be driven manually. The only way I could see the Central, Victoria, Jubliee and Northern line being in the game is if the time period it was set in is pre automation. The Sub-Surface lines could be set I guess in 2020 or now technically since they are not fully automated and can be driven manually at normal speeds.

When a driver on a sub surface line goes from a manual section of the route to an automatic section of the route, do they have to change from manual operation to automatic operation or does the train do that automatically? Does the driver have to change from manual operation to automatic operation when they reach an automatic part of the route?

• Like Like x 1
  35. djhawtin1

i think Meddelinexpat was banned

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

Really? How do you know? If he was then that would suck but at the same time he kept saying unnecessary things and acting like a child when a person suggested a subway route or disagreed with him. Nobody has to agree with a suggestion but they shouldn't say ridiculous things just to prove why they disagree with something

37. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

The Victoria line has been automated since it open. It is the first railway line in the world to run automatically, so it hasn’t ever been manual. The ‘09 stock is actually quite nice.

The change of operation is done manually. There are signs up that inform the operators when they are entering or leaving an automated section. At present, I/O’s on the District line (Instructor Operators) are based at the head wall of the platforms at each station to guide the Train Op where needs be if necessary. So far all is going well with it.

38. Medellinexpat

djhawtin1 banning people for disagreeing with suggestions? And I presume tallboy7648 ridiculous things were suggesting that the level of automation made many subway routes boring to which you replied ‘you don’t have to buy it if you don’t want to’?

39. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

I’m going to do this one last time because frankly, it’s getting boring.

I’m the one who said you do not need to purchase a route that doesn’t appeal to you. Your response to that has indeed been a childish hissy, which is amusing.

I also said (as have others) that you can go a little old school with Underground routes and have them pre-automated. Say, the Central line with the 1962 stock? The District line with the D stock? Jubilee or Northern lines pre-automation?

We get it, you don’t want to see Underground routes and that’s absolutely fine. If another LU route does get published and released, don’t purchase it and don’t cry because you haven’t purchased it. I already assured you, Dovetail won’t hunt you down for it.

Instead of wasting your time bashing others suggestions, let’s see some of yours? For example, I suggested Kings Cross to Peterborough the other night. Just because we like “subways” etc, doesn’t mean we don’t like other routes too. Now, let’s stop beating a dead horse and move on?

• Like Like x 2
  40. tallboy7648

Ridiculous as in calling people who suggest a subway route aggressively pushing their agenda. You called me a subway fan which was not necessary since I'm not a subway fan. I just like subway routes and being a hypocrite by complaining that people spam things in different threads of the forum when you did the same thing yourself. I won't take back the "if this route were to be made, don't buy it" statement because you don't have to buy it since your not interested in the route. It's not a big deal. Are you required to buy every dlc dtg makes, NO. Are you required to purchase every sing2 dlc on the current roadmap, NO. Your response to that has been nothing more than acting like a child growing a hissy fit which is ridiculous. You keep wasting your time criticizing others for making subway suggestions or agreeing with the op's of the suggestion and not giving a valid reason as to why it can't be made so why not just make a route suggestion of your own instead of doing this nonsense. I would be interested to see what routes or trains you would like in the game

41. Medellinexpat

Trouble with those older stock routes is the reference material. That’s why there TSW routes are pretty much all modern day. To include older stock they use devices like heritage lines. Much easier to use modern map techniques and video to make the routes than try to compile from old records. Think of the IOW line. Old stock, modern line. Where DTG mix it up (the recent Blue pack for GWE) everyone gets upset.

Kings Cross to Peterborough? That’s around 90 miles right? How many TSW routes are that length....but don’t worry DTG won’t hunt you down for it.

I do have suggestions (if you bothered to read the threads instead of just becoming some sort forum enforcer) and you’ll see I support other well thought ideas. But these subway ideas at best come with C&P from wikipedia or a link to a Youtube video. There’s no thought about whether they are practical.

42. djhawtin1

RIGHT, IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS TO COME TO TSW AND IF OR WHEN IT DOES, DON'T BUY IT. DTG AREN'T LIMITED TO PRODUCE Z AMOUNT OF PRODUCTS, THERE A COMPANY IF THEY DO MORE ROUTES TO EARN PROFITS SO BE IT. IF YOU DON'T WANT IT DON'T BUY IT, IF YOU WANT A NEW ROUTE TO SUGGEST, DO WHAT THE REST OF US DO, MAKE A POST, NOT TELLING PEOPLE DON'T SUGGEST THAT. THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY LIKE, IT'S A FREE WORLD SO IF YOU DONT WANT THIS ROUTE AND WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT, UNWATCH AND FORGET THIS EXISTED. Simples, Rant over.

• Like Like x 1
  43. tallboy7648

Well the sub surface lines are not fully automated along with the Waterloo & City Line and can be driven manually so those lines could be made in modern day. The deep tube lines could be made before automation came in like the Jubilee line with the 96 stock as well as the Northern line with the 95 stock.

Since Clinchfield Railroad is 62 miles long, will be standard price and tsw2 routes seem to get longer and longer, a full London to Peterborough route could potentially be done in the future. DTG do want to make longer routes so in the future we will probably get 90 mile long routes

• Like Like x 1
  44. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

There you go again, you present your opinions with hostility which makes you look even more childish than you already did.

So what if it’s 90 odd miles? If it cannot be done, Dovetail will confirm that themselves. Who knows what they will be able to achieve? Well, apparently you already do. I mean, I might now be a forum “enforcer” but you’re now apparently a part of the Dovetail team explaining to us what they are and aren’t capable of. If “BVE” can be such a thing, then yes, it can be done. If you don’t know what BVE is, I suggest you look it up. If you do know, then you’ll realise your comment is invalid.

I like the way you used my reference to Dovetail not coming after me. I’m not the one crying/insisting I must purchase every route they publish. I said that for your peace at mind so you don’t have any worries.

I look forward to seeing your further suggestions and should I agree with any of them, I will let you know respectful. As if I don’t agree, again, I’ll let you know respectfully.

• Like Like x 1
  45. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but here is the thing with the northern line it's CBTC ATO like Central & Victoria Lines. Central Line has a ATO System installed since 1999. Therefore operating it in manual mode you are restricted to 16 kmh 10 mph. Website is http://www.davros.org/rail/signalling/articles/central.html.

• Like Like x 1
  46. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

To be fair, the Waterloo & City line has zero appeal to me. Just shunting back and forth in two pipes between two stations, I doubt anybody really will want that.

I don’t think our new friend realised that the Underground isn’t entirely underground, so we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 the Waterloo and City line is a mile and a half long. How many is that going to sell? You wouldn’t need stock, you could walk it.
    As for those lines that aren’t fully automated would DTG, for reality, need to mimic the automation on the parts of the line? That might be a lot more difficult than you think. Is a line where you are a passenger 80% of the time a good idea?
    djhawtin1 are you trying to get yourself banned or is your keyboard broken. Look for CAPS LOCK.

48. djhawtin1

49. djhawtin1

The part i highlighted in Bold quite hypocritical coming from you

• Like Like x 2
  50. Medellinexpat

NoddyMac I presume our ‘new friend’ is me. I lived in London for fifteen years and you might be surprised about my knowledge of the London Underground. Ever read ‘Rails Through the Clay’ or not enough pictures for you?

djhawtin1 ah! Good news you found the CAP LOCKS key. Perhaps now you can add something useful to the conversation. Is replicating full automation on the Underground easy for DTG or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.