PlayStation I'm Sorry, But Dtg Need To Take A Hard Stand And Ditch The Old Consoles

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DXR8002, Mar 23, 2021.

1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I took the sound of a brand new PS4 running full-out and compared it to how my PS4 sounded before cleaning it out versus after. Even though it's just a guesstimation (since I don't have a decibel meter), the difference between before and after is night and day.

2. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Yup, plus they need to finish optimization work anyway before starting to port it over on next gen at some point in the future since otherwise there will be same issues in the future as they surely will start strangling the resources of the PS5 as well. Making most current PS5 owners cry again as they only have the first gen of the consoles. Proof is the current PS4s where first and third gen (older) of PS4s seem to struggle a lot.
    There again, those who can fork out for PS5 now should have no problem getting new versions in the future once they will be released in next couple years so that they can enjoy their 60fps and silky smooth gameplay in the future (lucky and privileged people).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Smooth. Really smooth :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. BoxedRails

BoxedRails New Member

Not a chance, not everyone is gonna have new gen consoles..

5. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

IN THE NICEST WAY POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU WILL BUY US ALL NEXT GEN CONSOLE SHUT UP

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

So what's nice about shouting? No need whatsoever.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Don’t be so childish.

• Like Like x 4
  8. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Agreed, be polite or say nothing.
    I have to say it will be a long time till I shell out my £ for a PS5. £650+ for a console!
    I bought a Sony for two reasons, first best Blu-ray player and some good games. Now the games are getting seriously violent (in my book), who wants to see blood everywhere, certainly not me. Ultimate realism, no thank you.
    I was, am waiting for the new Lego Star Wars Saga, but will have that on my PS4 first.
    Long may TSW be supported on the platforms we have at present.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Hmmmmm either this is a post about u gloating u have a ps5 or u have no idea that the number of ps5 is in single figures of million and there are wha more ps4 and xbox users than ps5 and new xbox, it also isn't going to happen because its obvious there isn't a new game of tsw this year more than likely due to that fact and next year there will be a current gen version I'm so glad they didn't ditch ps4s and xbox this year due to the panddmic

• Like Like x 1
  10. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

And a solid 40fos on ps4 is brilliant dtg have dun well with optimisation

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

'Solid'? No. Not even close. TSW, even on PS4 Pro, fluctuates madly. It is only on the new consoles that you can get anywhere near a stable framerate...

12. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

As a PC and PS5 owner I asked Sam during the last Roadmap stream if there would be support (PC equivalent settings) for the next-gen consoles in this year’s TSW refresh. Although he was not able to give a straight answer, he said it is something that would very likely be considered. This would in no way affect older consoles running TSW, and would be a separate thing.

13. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Let alone at the proper "Recommend Retail Price" and not the over inflated lets rip you off prices on Thief Bay and Amazon!

• Like Like x 3
  15. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Exactly! I have given up hope of getting one any time soon, I have the funds sat in my bank account and have signed up to 3 outlets in the ‘hope’ of ‘winning’ the chance to buy one. Don’t think that’s going to happen any time soon and I am not paying scalpers prices! I will stick with my PS4 until things become ‘sensible’.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

How is that childish

17. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's telling everyone to shut up...and then capitalising everything so it's shouting.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

It would require a resale of the game for next gen specifically, if a video game developer publishes a game advertised for a specific console, they have a legal duty to ensure any upcoming updates cause the software to remain compatible with the device it was advertised to initially work on. Trading regulators may step in and prosecute the publisher and developer if not.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

The last of us 2 and uncharted 4 are extremely linear games not requiring a lot of CPU power. Would love to see Naughty Dog attempt a game with actual physics, not physics that are set in stone...

• Like Like x 2
  20. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

'I'm Sorry, But Dtg Need To Take A Hard Stand And Ditch The Old Consoles'

The ammount of "Pull the ladder up, jack, and sod the rest." in that sentance is overpowering.

21. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

The thing to note is that most of Naughty Dog's level design amounts to you running down a corridor of either buildings, foliage or caverns with the occasional "open" areas for combat sequences, puzzles or simply to give you the false impression of an open world. Thanks to the more compact levels, they can afford to put more scenery and effects in their games. They're in a position where they can build whatever scenery they need around their gameplay whereas DTG have to build gameplay around scenery unless they decided to make fictional routes.

Their design philosophy hasn't really changed much at all from Crash Bandicoot all the way up to Last of Us Part II, they're just different genres of gameplay. Not knocking Naughty Dog at all, Uncharted and The Last of Us are up there among my favourite gaming franchises.

Now, TSW with Uncharted 4 visuals is a very juicy thought indeed :D

• Like Like x 1