Dtg Store Issues.. Again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reef, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

How difficult is it to process an online transaction in 2021? (Especially one that takes digital payment and in return supplies digital codes)

Purchased 5 items @ 21:27 had the confirmation of transaction from PayPal immediately, however still no confirmation E-mail from DTG Store and my "Orders" have not been updated.

Very frustrating company to deal with at times I must say.

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well, ticket sent now as I've still not received anything. :(

3. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

Snap, tried to purchase the BR DP1 same result as yourself.
    Like an idiot thought the transaction hadn't gone through so tried again this morning.
    Same result again, have now received 2 x confirmation from Paypal, no Activation Key from DTG.
    That's at least two tickets they have on their desk this morning.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Already submitted a ticket Peter, just waiting for a reply which if lots of other people are having the same issue I doubt they'll get through the tickets particularly quickly, and of course I had to go and buy it on a Friday so probably won't here anything back from them for a good few days.

6. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

I'm also waiting an confirmation email, although i'm unsure wether or not they send them on weekends or not. Granted i paid on paypal, it may be that you get confirmation once payment has been fully cleared.

7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Inversnecky said on another thread that he purchased a few items on the same day as I did, only thing I'm not sure is how he paid though, maybe you're right, silly if it is though, the whole point of PayPal is to protect not only the purchaser but also the seller with verification and instant fund transfers.
    I'll be honest here, this is now my eighth purchase through the DTG store and all have been through PayPal yet it's the first and only time I've had an issue, yes my first response was one of annoyance borne of frustration and impatience, so I guess I'll just wait and see and trust that DTG will sort it out.

8. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I paid by card.

9. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I too purchased an item last Friday with same result as you guys. Scalefast took payment immediately no response from DTG in over 48 hours and not shown in my orders. This happened with my last purchase some months ago and would have thought that by now DTG had resolved this error.

10. tsonboard

tsonboard Member

Very strange, I bought 3 items last night and received the email instantly

11. inversnecky

Did you use Paypal or card?

From what I've read, seems to be those who paid by Paypal are having issues.

I paid by card - did anyone else who paid by card have an issue?

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well got a bull manure reply from DTG via email, either PayPal is at fault or I the customer am.
    Does this company ever take responsibility for anything?
    Now I have to do a chargeback because DTG claim the money wasn't taken (it was) and I've probably lost the sale opportunity (haven't checked yet tbh).

13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It’s not just the store that has an issue. Not sure why I noticed this but your initial post is timed Saturday 11.42pm and your second post Saturday 2.53am.

14. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The post times are correct, but weird that it didn't say Sunday 2:53am.
    I'm sure if I asked DTG they'd tell me that my computer was at fault or maybe my internet was broken, maybe I chose to live in an incorrect defective timezone.. *rolling eyes* :D

15. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I paid by PayPal so could be the reason. Three days since my purchase and will biy off steam in future.

16. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

The DTG store is contracted out to a third party. DTG doesn't run it, and the company they've farmed it out to is pretty terrible, but also probably takes a smaller cut than anyone else. DTG are well aware of the chronic issues with their store vendor but like a lot of things they do, just don't really care.

17. cscarpenter

I have just posted this on the other DTG store thread that is also running this issue. Transactions.jpg
    No communication whatsoever but looks like the 2 PayPal transactions were cancelled this afternoon.
    Neither one appeared at all this morning.

18. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Same..
    Image7.jpg
    Also be nice if they spelt "cancelled" correctly too

• Like Like x 1
  19. inversnecky

That's the American spelling.

20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Aka incorrect, I mean come on.. tires?

Edit:
    Also, dunno why I didn't think of this in my original reply to you but last I checked Chatham was in England in the UK, don't think they speak Americanese down there. So absolutely no reason why their own website would employ simplified English over the real McCoy. =P

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  21. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It doesn’t matter who it is contracted out to as far as customers are concerned. If you’ve purchased it from DTG, then in law, your contract is with them, not the third party. Any issue with said third party is between them and DTG. They should not be bothering you about it or using it as an excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  22. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Been resolved for me will use a card in future not PayPal on DTG purchases, until I hear otherwise.

23. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Resolved how? Have you had your money refunded already then because I haven't yet.

If you're referring to you buying Steve's excuses and that you've now purchased it twice albeit using a card this time then you have a strange concept of resolved.

One thing I did like from Steve's post on the other thread (would've been nice of him if he replied to mine too but never mind) is that he said they'll honour the sale price, so I'll just wait until I've received my refund first.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  24. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Yeah apparently alot of people are having the same issue. The money has left my account through Paypal for my recent purchase but hasn't been validated yet. Chris replied to my ticket and said I'd get refunded if the payment isn't validated, and if the items on sale finish, I have to lodge another ticket with what I've purchased and then they'll honour it.

So I guess I just have to keep waiting I suppose.....

25. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

No not had a refund yet and paid twice but assured I will be refunded. Also just received confirmation of my original order over five days late.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  26. cscarpenter

This debacle just gets better, not only has my paypal not been cancelled but just received these:-
    Completed-1.jpg Completed-2.jpg Completed-3.jpg
    Have now received activation codes for a duplicate item that I already own, due to me re-purchasing on card. Anyone want a DP1, I now own 3 of the sods.
    Also my suposedly cancelled transactions due to paypal issues are now showing Validated.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  27. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well I raised a dispute via PayPal and scalefast responded today apologising that the transaction got stuck and it should be ok now.
    So, I'm glad I went the route I did and then waited, no duplicate purchasing for me thankfully..
    20210401_011023.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  28. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well, I'll have one off you if you're offering, I mean it'd be a shame to waste them. :D

29. BAZ

BAZ Member

I have the same issue. I tried paying with card but it would always come up with an error saying my card details were incorrect, even though I doubled checked several times, so I used paypal instead. It said the order was placed but I have not received my key. I got a confirmation email from paypal saying that I have been charged. My bank has also not said anything.

30. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

You might need to wait a couple of days as it's the Easter (bank holiday) weekend, if you've heard nothing by Tuesday evening raise a ticket with PayPal, ScaleFast have proved they are responsive even if that response was a little delayed, that makes them ok in my book, not perfect but definitely ok.

31. k10

k10 New Member

exactly the same experience as reefs original post... except order (saturday) now shows as canceled (monday).
    I was taking advantage of some sale DLCs. not going to bother trying that again.

32. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

33. k10

k10 New Member

no, but thanks for the link. my payment was refunded and with paypal disabled there's really nothing to be done for the time being at least.
    appreciated the info.

34. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

If you read the link you'll see that Paypal is active again..

35. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Still not received a refund, but as I spent very little not really bothered, but I am sure DTG will sort it sometime.

36. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I never received or requested a refund as I didn't make multiple purchases of the same items, I just had the original order sorted out thankfully.
    Hope you all get it sorted soon.