Should Train Sim World 2 Release The Japan High Speed Line?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dancomart#3014, Mar 31, 2021.

1. dancomart#3014

dancomart#3014 Active Member

Suggest yes or no, there must be a reason why you want to release or why you don't want it to release

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This topic really belongs on the Suggestions forum

• Like Like x 4
  3. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

No, Too many foreign stuff already. Stick to British routes

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

TSW2 should release all the trains. #letalltrainsout

In all seriousness, I vote yes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

OP is...
    1. In the wrong section of the forum.
    2. Needs a bit more information - locations between (bear in mind anything over 70 miles is likely to be a non starter), train types, services etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

While yes, you're in the wrong section, I'd love me some Japanese action!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

the title of the game is literally called train sim world

• Like Like x 9
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This is Train Sim World 2, not Train Sim United Kingdom. The game is literally called Train Sim World

• Like Like x 6
  9. tallboy7648

I vote yes. There have been a few suggestions for the Japanese Shinkansan

10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I vote yes as well, though i'd probably not prefer another high-speed route, but absolutely yes for something in Japan.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes to a Japanese route!

• Like Like x 1
  12. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

yes .

Yamanote line !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

I'll vote no, not at the moment, remembering how they stated in streams, how hard it is to record the sounds they would need, and the mob is just waiting for a reason to burn DTG's office down, and they clearly would, if they think the sounds aren't realistic on a japanese DLC., they should actually avoid this trap. In times of the pandemic, they can't just fly to Japan for a couple of weeks to record the sound they need.

14. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Could not care less, not a fan of high speed lines so wouldn’t be interested. Not a purchase I would make which is OK, if others would like it, then sure why not, I’ll wait for more freight routes.

15. ghawk2005

yes and so far there has been far too much foreign rubbish. The designers are British. They should prioritise the UK with maybe a few touches of the ‘worldly’ routes out there if they have to. None of it is worth driving though. I won’t touch it with a barge pole.

16. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well it wouldn't have to be immediately- even if they aren't able to travel until, say, the fall, that could still result in a 2022 release.

I think the size of "the mob" is vastly overrated compared to the overall playerbase.

17. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Not right now, at least not until Union Workshop makes the jump to TSW2 or Dovetail can secure a license from the JR Groups.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

why should they prioritise British stuff if the game is called the sim world there is no reason if they are a uk developer to make uk stuff

• Like Like x 5
  19. solicitr

Funny, considering that the definition of "rubbish" locos in TSW are those wheezy old British diesels; the only good "British" train modeled so far is Japanese!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blacknred81

Talk about a very selfish view.

• Like Like x 9
  21. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Honestly whenever I see Train Sim World, I think it's meant as a welcome/introduction into the world of trains and train simulation. This is especially apparent since its most likely the first train sim for many people, especially those on console. :)

Anyhow, I definitely would love to see the Shinkansen replicated in TSW, especially since it fits into that high speed rail focus this game has had in the past year. However I think that chapter is coming to a close as they shift their focus onto other routes, so it's not very likely we'll see something like this for a while. But there's definitely some interest for high speed Japanese trains!

• Like Like x 1
  22. JeffFromTheIRS

JeffFromTheIRS Member

Yes, I'd love to see a Japanese route in TSW. I'd love to see a Japanese route that features the Shinkansen and the JR commuter rail, even if they're completely separate in terms of line usage.

• Like Like x 1
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That, and the fact that the traditional train sim has you play as the train, as if it were a giant train set, whereas TSW has you inhabit its ‘world’ as a person. It’s not The World in the sense of all the countries, like most people assume, but A World that you inhabit as a player, Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. dark-rabbit

dark-rabbit New Member

Japan is a train fan's paradise, but the shinkansen lines aren't the most interesting for me.

• Like Like x 2
  25. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

It's not going to happen in the near future. Licensing is the biggest barrier.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I like British routes, but there are already quite lot and a new one on its way. Time to move to other countries. A Japanese route might be nice, but not this highspeed thing. It probably is boring to drive.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Japanese, yes. High speed, no.
    Personal preference, but I'm more into commuter trains. Would love to see some Japanese landscape though. Wakayama&Sakurai was one of my favourite routes in Train Simulator.

Typical... even when UK is the most represented country in TSW, the most complaints still come from UK people.

IMO there's more than enough UK content, and there's a whole world outside of that island that should be explored in TSW.

• Like Like x 6
  28. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

DTG should release every single route in the world, given that the game is called Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Maybe if you did touch it with you barge pole you'd understand that railways all over the world are just as interesting as british, if not more in some cases. There's so much more you could enjoy if only you opened up your mind, you are just losing out on many different experiences.

• Like Like x 5
  30. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

While British stuff will always be my favourite content in TSW. In my opinion, NTP and TVL being the best made routes in the game so far. However, I’m open to other regions getting some time in the spotlight.

If it weren’t for TSW in the first place, I’d have no interest in German or US rails at all. I’ve learnt loads through the game, including mastering PZB :cool: I want to keep that knowledge gain going!

And who knows? Maybe a third party developer could come along in the future that solely focuses on British content in the same manner TSG does for Germany.

There has to be a balance for all countries represented in TSW and everyone just has to wait their turn.

• Like Like x 2
  31. ghawk2005

I have absolutely no interest in American or foreign railways. End of story,

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's fine, but many of us do.

• Like Like x 4
  33. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

As for my answer to the topic, I want Japanese trains! Both commuter and high speed, the more the merrier :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Of course i want japanese railways! - Japan is most mistical and beatiful place of the most beautiful and very modern trains)

• Like Like x 1
  35. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

I think the problem with a japanese high speed route would be with the lenght of routes it is practical to make in Train sim world at present and the speed on the line, eacj journey would bive may be 10 or 15 minutes of game play. Not really engaging

36. tallboy7648

Fair point but to say that there is lack of British routes is frankly absurd. There are already alot of British routes. Also just because the developers are British doesn't mean they should focus on British only content. EA is American but they go make maps for games that are not always based in the United States. Codemasters is British but doesn't make British only race tracks. Saying that dtg should focus on Great Britain wouldn't be fair to those who like variety or to those who may not be interested in British only routes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  37. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes japan route

38. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I'd like a Japanese route but preferably not a high speed one.
    I just feel there is more gameplay in slower lines.
    TGVs get boring quickly with only two stops.

Remember there would have to be a lot of new assets to cope with the architectural difference.
    Plus they would have to model the stationmaster cats!

• Like Like x 2
  39. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Moving to the suggestions forum.

40. Blacknred81

So because YOU like only one countries routes that DTG should ONLY focus on that country?

• Like Like x 3
  41. tallboy7648

LGV is boring because it's a non full line route. I didn't buy it because it's too short for the speeds

42. solicitr

That's fine; no law against being a bigot.

• Like Like x 2
  43. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

As amazing as the trains are - I think a Rural or Smaller commuter route would probably be better than the high speed shinkansen, though I do feel like the two JR-East Mini Shinkansen routes might be a good bet - these are upgraded lines to allow cities that don't justify a full High Speed Line to be served - line speeds may be slow (130km/h) but add in a 701 series for the locals and you've got a lot more to do as a player.

Similarly I think Tokyo is best avoided. The Yamanote Loop would bring even powerful PCs to their knees both in terms of trains and sheer number of buildings.

44. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

It's exactly the opposite. We already have plenty of UK/German routes and yet nothing from Japan - one of, if not the most fascinating country for railways - is even on the horizon. And there are polls all over the place in this section showing interest in routes from other countries.

There is also no such thing as 'foreign' when the sim strives to represent the entire world. Location of developers is one of the poorest metrics here - all TS titles including TSW2 effectively have developers from all around the world, from Union Workshop working on representing Asia, to Rivet Games with its content centred around Switzerland, to Dovetail itself recreating routes from across the globe. And that argument is pretty poor in general - there are numerous games created by developers located in country X but representing the whole world.
    In short, less of self-centred pretentiousness and more of a constructive attitude taking the entire community's interest into account would be welcome.

More on topic: here are threads suggesting Japanese routes - including Shinkansen ones - in the section that can be explored and voted on by the author of this thread: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/search/10696955/?q=japan&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=75

• Like Like x 2
  45. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I would tend to say no towards Japan routes in TSW2, Union Workshop have that niche covered extremely well in TS Classic as is. DTG is very hit and miss quality wise, and considering the LGV's iffy the scenery I can't say I'd be confident in DTG tackling a Japanese route. That area of the world is so different even a commuter route I'd feel would be iffy from them, let alone the Shinkansen.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Commiee

I think having four routes - some of them so dated that you could be forgiven for thinking they're even older than the engine itself - can hardly be called being "covered extremely well".
    Even the routes that could be considered a "miss" look better than TS classic ones, plus the old engine didn't really have the capacity to represent urban settings, which is something that the new engine could be exploited for. One of the things Japanese railway is so unique in is how much its routes are part of the city scenery, as opposed to being separated from it. If we had a Japanese route like that on TSW2, it would be a new experience on the sim.

Plus "DtG is hit and miss quality wise" would be an argument against any and all routes and countries, so that doesn't disqualify Japan in any particular way. There are elements of uniqueness in many routes from around the world - that should be welcomed as a challenge for devs rather than something that precludes them from tackling such projects.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

That's way better though than many other countries in TS Classic, minus the big three China and Switzerland are the only other ones that have that much coverage. Also how are Union Workshop's route "so dated"? The oldest one's from 2015, within the context of TS Classic that's not super old. And their Japanese routes all look very solid from what I've seen and played of them, way better than most.
    Look better? Depends, the LGV doesn't look as accurate to the French landscape as the TS Classic version, similar case with Southeastern. If you're valuing elements like lighting the most than TSW certainly looks better, but there's more to it than that when it comes to a route. Ultimately what they can model in TSW looks excellent, but there's only so much you can do within the time span given., and you can't get by with generic assets in urban environments so easily.
    Yes, but it applies more to some places than others. you could do a place like Mexico with lots of existing US assets, so it takes less resources to do, thus they have more time to do a route in the area. Furthermore you don't have Mexican route to compete against, thus means that you're not having to worry about competing products taking away sales. A place like Japan isn't like other places currently in the sim, thus need more effort put in, which with DTG's ways means that ultimately it has less time for actual route building. And with Union Workshop already having routes in the sector it means they have to hit a higher standard as well, or else they lose potential customers to them.

• Like Like x 1
  48. tallboy7648

I hope union workshop gets involved with tsw. That would be cool. I would love to see more routes outside Europe and North America

• Like Like x 1
  49. Commiee

Not from TS classic point of view, but here we're talking about enthusiasts of Japanese railway asking to have a route in TSW2 with its modern engine. From this point of view, telling us to go back and play 2015 routes with sprites is not reasonable.
    Accuracy is a different subject - a prospective TSW2 Japanese route could or could not be accurate, but is surely will look better on the modern engine, which was the point.
    This is entirely subjective and speculative.
    Even if we accept this as is, this is counterbalanced by how many people would buy a Japanese route vis-a-vis a Mexican, etc one. Polls in this forum section consistently show Japan being at least in top three of most requested countries from ones not already featured in the sim.
    UW has not confirmed they will be developing any Japanese route in the new engine for TSW2, so that's not currently relevant.

50. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Yes and this will be assigned to Union Workshop to work on Japanese routes for train Sim world. Of these the Hokkaido Shinkansen 100 miles 160 kms Aomari Hakodate will allow players to operate trains under the sea the second longest tunnel 33 miles 53 km Seikan Tunnel and is going to be superseded by the longer 55km 35mi Gotthard Basis Tunnel for the proposed DLC Gotthard Bahn Erstfeld Bellinzona timetable mode heavy freight Train ETR610 Rabe 501 503 & 500. For timetable mode Seikan Tunnel you need EH800s for freight duty