PC Sand Patch Grade - Powering America (part 1) Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ormondroydj, Mar 26, 2021.

1. ormondroydj

ormondroydj Member

Early on in the scenario the instruction is given to "Release independent brake and apply power" however when releasing the independent brake and applying power the instruction doesn't go away and the hud continues to indicate the independent brake. For some reason releasing the independent brake doesn't trigger the next instruction and the scenario cannot be completed

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Known bug. But doable. Good luck :)

3. ormondroydj

ormondroydj Member

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

brb / I will try to do this... again :) and give You some feedback

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Looks completely broken these days :|
    Search forum for some answers - I will try some more tricks - for now, can't manage to succeed too :)

Don't worry! This is normal for this route! I mean... game?

• Like Like x 2
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Or check this thread for some awesome Sand Patch services from Timetable and enjoy the ride :) Scenarios are broken sometimes...

link

BR o7

• Like Like x 1
  7. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

I did this other day. When I released the message didn't disappear, as you've foud, but it did when I also bailed off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ormondroydj

ormondroydj Member

Thank you for checking, unfortunately pulling the independent brake all the way back to bail off doesn't seem to make a difference for me in my game.

9. raretrack

Oh well, it was worth a try. How about trying release then apply then release again?

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just ignore the instruction and start loading coal. It will beep out on its own.

11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is very good advice. Unfortunately, this does not always help. In this case, I made two such attempts - unfortunately :( It's worth a try!

• Like Like x 2
  12. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I was two-for-two on Xbox with loading a fair amount of coal (1/2 the train or so) and then applying/releasing the independent brake (stopping the train) to get the instruction to clear.

13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I've got the train running through the loader now and so far the instruction hasn't cleared, even after stopping the train on the indie a couple of times.
    Rather annoying as completing this scenario effectively advances both stages of the SPG Mastery!

14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I made the whole journey a few updates ago - now it seems to be badly broken at this point :|

15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Can confirm even after loading all the wagons and drawing forward, the instruction never cleared. Only bright side is that loading the coal did register for that part of Stage 1 Mastery but still need to complete a scenario (not a timetable segment) in order to advance to Stage 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The only problem I recall having with this service was that, after running the hoppers through the tipple, the objective would not advance because not all the loads were 100% full. I reran the train through the loader, making sure they were, and it was fine after that.

17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The problem there is that the instructions tell you to move at 2mph, which is too fast. With some experimentation I found that 1.6 is the max speed for 100% fills.

18. raretrack

I must have been lucky, as I set mine to 3mph (which gave me 2.6mph) and I filled up in the one pass. Just!

19. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

If you have been unable to complete the objective "Release independent brake and apply power" please try the following workaround.

Workaround:
    1. Open Train Sim World 2.
    2. Go to Settings, Advanced Settings.
    3. Set Max FPS to at least 60.
    4. Press Apply.
    Now retry the scenario, and you should find that releasing the Independent Brake clears the objective the first time. If the issue persists, it may be related to your computer hardware. Please submit a ticket to support with a copy of your DxDiag file for more information.

20. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

I have had no success with the 60fps, although I see others have - my fix was to apply and bail off the independent brake quickly after the loco has passed under the loader and a few wagons have been loaded - I have not repeated it since to verify that it is repeatable!

21. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

I succeeded in completing this a week or two back. The solution that worked for me was posted by jordannufc in another thread.