[poll] Future Expansion Of Nec: New York

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NorthRail1, Feb 24, 2018.

?
  1. Northeast Corridor towards Philadelphia

70 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Northeast Corridor towards New Haven

45 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. New Jersey Transit Lines

21 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. Long Island Railroad

25 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. Grand Central Terminal & Metro-North Hudson Line

40 vote(s)
    28.8%
  6. Further freight routes in New York such as New York & Atlantic Railroad

22 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. Metro-North Harlem Line

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I just want more and accurate traffic for the scenarios and service mode rather than passing the same train every 5 minutes on what should be a very busy route with lots of variety. Penn stations sits empty most of the time at the moment.

DTG has tonnes of assets from TS20XX. Surely the work needed to add an NJ Transit extension (or at least traffic in the currently existing section of line) wouldn't be as much as building a completely new route additon?

I wouldn't even care if I couldn't drive and enter some of the trains as long as it adds to the life to the current world for the time being. (But I get that might be annoying for some)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

I think the best idea is to extend the North East Corridor to Trenton (new about 50 miles). Including a NJT trainset, so we can drive local Trains all the way from Trenton to New York , and the length of North East Regional Services is doubled. The same could be done with a Metro North Stamford Local Extension DLC (Grand Central - Stamford ca 35 miles), including a M8.
    But
    Of Course I will love every new feature DTG adds to this great route. I really hope DTG starts a complete route Network in the New York area. (I would love to select all possible choices)

But since I like freight traffic really much and I think it does not get much love from the community I chose more freight routes

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

I agree with a southbound extension. Of course my favourite idea would be to extend it towards Philadelphia, but a more realistical idea would be to extend it until Trenton (maybe including the morrisville depot).
    That would be a 50 miles extension, but with many assets already in place.
    I also think that the route could come with an ALp-46 locomotive, so it would be possible to replicate Njt services from Penn Station as well as from Sunnyside depot. It would also be possibile to spawn several more njt trains with the route.
    Also that would be perfect to push the acs64 to 125 mph. (And maybe the Acela Express as well)

• Like Like x 3
  4. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

cActUsjUiCe, concerning your NEC full route project, will you be expanding in both directions away from New York at the same time or focus on one direction at a time e.g. Newark - Philadelphia first then New Rochelle - New Haven and so on, or has this not yet been decided.

5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Not yet decided. The original plan was to start from Boston. We won't know for sure what we'll do until we get a better idea of the capabilities of the route editor.

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jay ace

Jay ace New Member

I was thinking to myself DTG Did Northeast corridor route from NY TO PHILADELPHIA and can they continue from Philadelphia to Washington DC ???

7. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

cActUsjUiCe and the NEC Development Team will make the Northeast Corridor route so DTG can focus on other routes instead such as the Hudson Line or LIRR.

• Like Like x 7
  8. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

We would like to make the NEC. We greatly appreciate that DTG created a portion of the NEC and a great deal of the assets that make it up.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

I hope that’s the priority! Although I don’t think that Cactus and DTG are coordinating thst they will continue where DTG has left off (hopefully where they’re so we can see MTA content). Oh and cActUsjUiCe, after you’ve made the NEC (which I know will take awhile), do you think you could expand onto the LIRR or Metro North? I’m just curious about that and if you have a plan for after you’ve made the NEC.

• Like Like x 3
  10. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

DTG and my group are not coordinating as of yet. As for LIRR and MNRR, it is too soon to know. Same can be said for MBTA. We do not know the state of the tools or their limitations. The priority is the NEC but if multiple people can develop simultaneously, then others may be able to create these. Too soon to know.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Well we know that DTG isn’t having luck getting a license for MBTA, same situation as MARC and SEPTA. Their could always be unbranded content but knowing DTG, they’d much rather release branded content over unbranded content. But we do know that DTG does hold an MTA license and has expressed interest in doing the LIRR multiple times and the Hudson line for Metro North, so we’ll just have to see.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Mikeyob

Mikeyob New Member

Thus should be expanding up to Boston. No one dares to do that route for some reason.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mikeyob

Mikeyob New Member

But who knows when that will be.

14. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I agree that more AI traffic would make the overall experience more realistic and interesting, but the negative aspect is that more traffic might decrease overall sim performance as well; having everything isn't usually feasible. Moreover, I seem to remember reading in these forums that TS assets are not directly transferable to TSW and that makes sense to me, since the underlying software is completely different.

15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've read numerous comments regarding the length of TSW routes but have to wonder whether the underlying software vs. performance issues places a limit on length. Instead of expanding an extent route, how about making a separate extension; or is that what forum members are already suggesting? Scenarios or sessions extending from part A to Part B of a given route could follow the example of the recently issued NEC freight sessions by offering the player the option of proceeding from a station stop or yard action to an appropriate follow-up action on the extension. Such extensions could be marketed separately with, hopefully, a discount to purchasers of the original route as well as in a variety of combination packages similar to the current engine add-on packs.

16. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

It is possible to port assets to TSW from TS20XX (the truck in the NEC dlc is from TS20XX and the van in GWE is actually a Kuju asset), but I don't know how easy or hard it is. Length is not a problem for UE4, but time is for DTG.

17. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

I would like to see the current NEC route in TSW redone. When they made it the totally did half-ass on the whole route. Then I want to see the NEC out of Washington. I want the MARC Penn line the whole thing.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely love to See MARC commuter rail on TSW someday in the future we’ll have to wait and see what they’ll surprise us with.