PC Tsw: Nec New York Update Available Now

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Apr 4, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

[​IMG]
    In response to your important feedback, today we have released an update for Train Sim World: Northeast Corridor New York.

Here is a list of what has been addressed:

Gameplay
    • Signal lights in New York Penn corrected to show proper aspects
    • Improved spider signals at the Dock Bridge end of Newark Penn
    Environment
    • New York Switcher Scenario - Added correct intro card
    • New York Switcher Scenario - Added exit instruction so scenario can be ended naturally
    • Fixed world lighting where it suddenly got brighter as you were driving south from New Rochelle
    • New York Penn and Secaucus Junction physical material updated to correct footstep sounds
    • Re-oriented 5 switch stands at Oak Point Yard
    Audio
    • Alerter audio updated
    • ACS-64 - AI now have traction motor sounds playing
    • ACS-64 - Added dynamic brake audio
    Locomotives
    • Improved corridor connections so they are always consistently connected
    • Alerter updated on ACS-64
    • Improved visual quality of ADU displays
    • Improved overall lighting response on vehicles
    • Improved shadow to remove skylight reflections for vehicles in tunnels
    • Corrected spelling mistake on MFD for word “Reservoir”
    • ACS-64 - Swapped position of pantograph height detection volumes so the pantographs should now be at their correct heights
    • GP40-2 - Fixed rear ditch lights
    • GP40-2 - Fixed number board on YN3 livery
    If you own Train Sim World: Northeast Corridor New York, the update will download automatically from Steam. If you have any problems/queries in regards to the update, leave a comment below or submit a ticket to our support site where our Support Team will be ready to assist.

In the unlikely event that Steam fails to update Train Sim World, you’ll need to perform a file verify and ensure Steam provisions your installation properly. Follow the instructions listed at this link to perform a file verify to reset your installation to default.

If you find that after the file verify has completed, you are confident you have not received the update, please contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket to our support site where someone will assist you directly.

Thank you all for your continued feedback and support, keep it coming!

• Like Like x 12
  2. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

So what was the 410mb update for those who don't have NEC?

3. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Umm.. is that it? But these are pretty minor fixes. What about bigger things, like bugs with ACSES/ATC, traction motors, freight services, etc? What about scenario that breaks half of the time or trains deadlocking each other at New York Penn?

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

All being worked on. People asked for updates and fixes to be released when they are done, which is what we've done here. Some other things will take longer or are a more complicated process but they are in the works.

- Jay

• Like Like x 9
  5. davejc64

I don't have the NEC route, but received a 410mb update to TSW, can you please tell me what that was for?

6. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Some core changes were made to accommodate the NEC update meaning anyone who owns core will also get a small download.

- Jay

7. davejc64

And there was me thinking it was to update something I actually own, rather than something I may never buy.

8. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Will you guys be adding the third rail for the LIRR in Penn Station and HAROLD int. anytime soon?

• Like Like x 4
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Well considering there's no mention of what these changes to core involve it's equally possible that these core changes may also be required for updates to other DLC.

10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Is there anything in the works for Great Western Express?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Good work Dovetail! People say that you don’t fix things, but that’s not true! Good work Jay!

• Like Like x 2
  12. davejc64

Well apparently the core updates were to accommodate the updates to NEC, so we do know what the core updates were for, maybe you should have read the post I quoted before replying, just saying. :cool:

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update looking forward to changes, you may not always respond to people when they post or submit bugs. This does not mean that you are not listening to them. What you are doing is complying a list of what needs to be immediately fixed.

Great to see you back Jay, again thanks to the DTG team for their hard work.

• Like Like x 3
  14. davejc64

Like improved sounds would be a good start, lets have diesel trains sounding like diesel trains at least.

15. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I didnt know the Cumberland Yard is in New York :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

That is what i like to see :) Updates every few weeks instead of ever few months when a new DLC comes along.
    There is no reason to hold back fixes to stuff that is released.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Kuu Lightwing

Okay, why didn't you say that Time to Penalty is working?

18. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Because the developers didn't tell him that Time to Penalty is working. ;)

19. Kuu Lightwing

That's a pretty huge thing, I'd say. If only it worked for signals or something, because the way it is now, aspect changes pretty much come out of blue and since penalty brakes actually work now, it guarantees that the train will stop.

20. Nuts

Nuts Member

It's stuff like this that give us small glimpses into the chaotic and bass akward world of DTG. They LOVE there copy/paste tools.

So embarassing.

21. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Hm, just did 2 full-length services and the only 2 times I got penalty application is when I was slowpoking around instead of applying auto brakes. Given that application should be substantial (higher than 0.5 m/s^2 deceleration, if I heard Matt correctly on his stream) and suppression enables with a delay, you should activate brakes pretty much right after you get a warning.

22. Kuu Lightwing

Well, probably it's that I try to reduce throttle to 0 first, and stuff. But even then, at the end as I approached New Rochelle it hit me with Restricted aspect, and after I got suppression enabled and successfully reset the alarm but it still told me "screw you" and applied penalty along with a second alarm for some reason.

But in any case, what, is that supposed to work like that without any Time to Penalty or anything?

23. Anthony Pecoraro

It’s still not working properly yet. It’s closer, but not complete yet.

24. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

As it turns out, the time to penalty should also show for ATC reasons as well as ACSES. Neither seem to be doing exactly what should be going on with the time.

25. Anthony Pecoraro

It’s not finished yet.

26. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Awesome update, noticed a few things though. For me, it seems Window mode at my computer's resolution doesn't actually work, and defaults to full screen. Anyone else notice this? Window mode disables G-Sync and removes the red blue and green artifacts, so it's kinda annoying with the one solution I had for it not working. Otherwise, awesome work!

27. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

My observations after two runs:
    • Time to penalty works, but it is a bit shortsighted. It seems to only look for the next speed change, so in the curvy area i'm sometimes surprised with an 8 second warning coming up, while on longer stretches i get up to two minutes of warning.
    • There is no time to penalty on ATC signal changes. What makes sense since those are point induced changes that can not be seen beforehand.
    • For ATC speed restrictions, you only have a few seconds time to do a 50% brake application or you get hit with a emergency application.
    • ATC speed restrictions for turnouts end as soon as the loco has cleared the last turnout. Should this not be enforced until the end of the train has cleared that turnout?

28. Kuu Lightwing

*sigh*

Let's hope that's the reasons why this isn't a part of the release notes and they're still working on it...

29. Anthony Pecoraro

It’s not finished yet. Read Jay’s comment.

• Like Like x 2
  30. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

Kind of odd that dovetail only fix the recent dlc and not the actual base game

31. Anthony Pecoraro

There are updates to core game. The air hoses don’t stretch out anymore.

32. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Anthony Pecoraro: yes they air hoses still do. And if they update the core game then why are the black gauge needles in the GP38 fixed but not in the SD40 and GP40? Because old DLC nobody cares anymore.

33. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

The reality is Daniel newer content will always be the target of patches. The original CSX content was a lot of trial and error. They can't fix everything. It's very challenging to make complex programs completely bug free.

• Like Like x 4
  34. Anthony Pecoraro

People said that they got an update, even though they don’t own NEC New York.

35. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Some parts of core TSW needed to be changed to enable certain funtionality in NEC according to Jay. There's a possibility that these changes may also enable certain functionality in other DLC at a later date but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

36. Kuu Lightwing

Or maybe some issues with NEC just have roots in core game.

37. DictatorDono

DictatorDono Member

Actually, the wall collision in the Leipzig Core has been fixed, really nice to see that sorted :)

Edit: Just continued driving through and the issue is still everywhere but Leipzig Hbf, shame really, that and the panto bug in the tunnels are complete immersion killers for me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  38. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

After one ride, I think the in cab signalling does not have proper timing. It applies penalty breaks much too soon. Als, I thought you could recover from the penalty break as soon as you comply to the restrictions, but this is not working. You reach a full stop first. This differnent from the TS2018 New York to New Haven route, as I cite below:

If you enter a new block and it has a reduced aspect (e.g. going from Normal to Limited) then the following happens and must be done by the engineer:
    1. An alarm will go off in the cab
    2. The cab signalling will update to reflect the new maximum allowed speed limit and confirm what the new aspect is.
    3. If the train is within the MAS (Maximum Allowed Speed) then the engineer must simply press the ACKNOWLEDGE button (Q key) within 8 seconds.
    4. If the train is above MAS then the engineer must zero the throttle, move the brakes to the SUPPRESSION notch and then press ACKNOWLEDGE within 8 seconds. (Note: It is not required to be within the speed limit during the 8 seconds, it is only required that the engineer has confirmed to the ATC system that they acknowledge the reduction in aspect and have taken appropriate action to comply with it.) If the engineer moves the brake back out of suppression while still being above MAS then the alarm will sound again and the same procedure must be followed. Failure to acknowledge correctly within 8 seconds means the brakes will go to full service application - however, the engineer can apply the same procedure as above and they will be able to regain control of the train without having to stop. Once the train is under the new MAS the engineer can simply release the brakes and apply throttle as required.

My guess is that in TSW the safety systems are created less accurately, which is a pity and confusing if you also use TS2018.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Anthony Pecoraro

It’s still being worked on.

40. londonmidland

Hmm I wonder what they’re working on... B8F645FE-CB95-4972-A4EC-FB3AB1E99AEE.png

41. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

It also lists DLCs 10, 9 & 8 (Rapid Transit, GP40-2 & NEC: New York) so no hints there

42. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

They work on frieght service for NEC so updates are welcome.
    New: Unknown App 577356 ???
    Some GWE DLC ???

43. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

The unknown app appeared about a week ago, if you look at the depots it shows up as 'DLC 7' so is the next DLC to be released for TSW. Hopefully there will be an announcement soon.

44. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Primary focus is fixes/improvements and the freight scenarios, following that we'll start looking at extra content :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. JackRyan

JackRyan Member

Do we have a deadline for fixes and freight scenarios or it's still to early to tell?

46. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jay!
    Can we now expect updates more often?

• Like Like x 2
  47. Anthony Pecoraro

Jay, your primary focus should be on the signaling. It needs a lot of work.

• Like Like x 1
  48. londonmidland

Also train pathing needs work too. A Class 166 on an all stopper to only be put on the fasts for a mile or so before back on to the slows is very unrealistic.

• Like Like x 4