Should Train Sim World 2 Release The Japan High Speed Line?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dancomart#3014, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Japan has their own simulators as well, they're less technical logically advanced than TSW, yet there's demand for them. Simulators never tend to have the most advanced graphics, TSW included, if you want that you're probably not playing them.
    If DTG released a TSW route and it had no buildings, trees, or other objects and the TS Classic version did nobody would be calling the TSW version the better looking version. You can't just say "It doesn't matter if it's accurate" because it's a important factor if a route looks better or not. You could make a very bare bones route in TSW and it's not just gonna look better than a well detailed TS Classic route by default. A less extreme version of my example is why Arosa and Southeastern got a lot of their bad reviews.
    What? No it's not, lines like KCSM and Ferromex are about as similar to the main US railroads as CP & CN are, they're pretty similar in terms of the systems and locos they use.
    My point is that DTG would be able to execute a Mexico route better than a Japanese route because of their similar nature to US routes. Also there's the argument to be made that while Mexico might not be the most popular it could still be more viable as you don't need to resources making new stock and signaling systems from the ground up as the US ones are already similar. Same arguments could be applied to other places, Austria being one good example I can think of right away.
    But they're making products on another competing platform, just because it isn't the same game doesn't mean it's not a competitor that DTG should ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mean, can DTG even secure a license from JR anyway? They haven't been able to for TS21 and they don't seem to be doing non branded routes for TSW2.

3. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

This has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making.
    Nobody suggested this.
    X being similar to Y =/= devs just being able to copy/paste stuff. By definition, until and unless DtG confirms that they can do that, it's speculation.
    And I countered that by a point that shows why making a Japanese route would make more sense to them than a Mexican route.
    The fact that it's not the same game means UW existing doesn't mean DtG should not make a Japanese route in a game for which UW is not making content.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Every route is perfect for TSW2, but I am a fan of German routes

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Frankly Mexican Routes are not similar to U.S routes. That's like saying the Mexico City Subway is the same as the MTA New York City Subway.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree each route/subway has it' s own uniqueness that makes it stand out from the others.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

Also Mexican freight routes tend to go through desert and U.S freight routes go through forest and deserts which aren't the same and I assume the signaling is different as well

8. Michael Newbury

Here is at least one video I found on Youtube that is Mexican and not Desert.

• Like Like x 2
  9. tallboy7648

Well i guess i was wrong then lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Newbury

There are a few others that I found also had some mountains in them, but the one I did not see were signals. So I am not sure on the signaling system.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

They might be different. You never know

• Like Like x 1
  12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I don't know about you but I don't fancy the sound of 33 miles in a tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dancomart#3014

dancomart#3014 Active Member

I may say no because the japan high speed route is not part of the uk but it would be very unlikley to be added

14. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

At 250km it should only take 12 minutes to travel but more importantly it's not just repetitive, straight, and endless tunnel for that entire journey though. There are bends and 2 stations in the tunnel that would break the journey a bit. The stations sit unused with the lights on for emergency exit purposes now, but they were active before the 2015 shinkansen conversion. They are each located close to 1/3 and 2/3 through the tunnel respectively. That means there should be at very least should be something to see every 18 km or 4 minutes at 250km/h.
    Also unlike the Channel Tunnel or The Gotthard Base Tunnel, this tunnel is has duplicated track so you will be able to see passing traffic in the opposite direction too.

Cool note: One of the stations is so deep there is an underground funicular to get to the platform.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Despite what Hollywood apparently would have people believe, a very great deal of Mexico is tropical rainforest.

• Like Like x 2
  17. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

It's only 140-160km/h through the tunnel - while it's built for 250km/h - there are concerns about a fast Shinkansen blowing over a narrow gauge freight when passing.

18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Okay then and for Train Sim World 2 Community it should allow players to experience driving long train tunnels in game. From what I can see Seikan Tunnel Hokkaido Shinkansen can be the stepping stone to NYC Subway C, E & R trains since they are mostly under fully underground routes 20-35 miles in Length with underground stations.

• Like Like x 1
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It would at least eliminate complaints about distant scenery.......

• Like Like x 4
  20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

So in free roam mode you should have the ability to take over either E5 & H5 Shinkansen services North to Hakodate South to Tokyo via Aomari if they stop at those emergency stations.

21. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is saying a route would be only the tunnel XD (or maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying)
    The distance between Shin-Aomori station and Shin-Hakodate-Hokuto station (the current northern terminus of the line) is 149km so if you exclude the tunnel section the required length of above ground running track with scenery requirements would be 95km (and within that there are some shorter tunnels which would cut it down further). This is just over the LGV route at 93km, and Sand Patch Grade at 92km.
    There are 2 actively used intermediate stations between Shin-Aomori and Shin-Hakodate-Hokuto and also the unused stations.

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

True