Clinchfield Release Date

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ILied, Apr 1, 2021.

1. ILied

ILied Active Member

With the Clinchfield release date now announced, does this mean we’re likely to see the LIRR improvements on Tuesday?

With RT & MSB currently been worked on, does this mean we can expect in the release week of Hamburg-Lubeck & Bakerloo/ECW fixes coming with Glasgow Cathcart Circle? This is following on from DTG’s usual way of doing updates.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

There are controls with raildriver ?

3. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Raildriver is to be seen (or to be confirmed by the devs until release)

4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I will check my crystal ball, be right back!

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

DTG likes to group region updates with coinciding releases, so I would expect to see the LIRR updates sometime next week. But I would also not be surprised if they are not next week, so don't get your hopes up

• Like Like x 2
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Given there's a roadmap stream on Tuesday, your question is more likely to be answered there than here

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I believe there is no roadmap stream this Tuesday, Sam mentioned on his last stream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. johntay

johntay Member

He did mention there was a supprise though too keep us happy as there was no roadmap stream this will be the supprise roll on 8th April my guesses is thats when Clinchfield will be out as its a Thrusday

• Like Like x 2
  9. johntay

johntay Member

I think you could be on to something there seems the way they are doing things with a nice wee supprise of updates on the Tuesday and a nice flashy route on the Thursday

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe the surprise is that there is no surprise but that would be a surprise because Sam said there would be a surprise, but given his previous honesty I would be surprised...

• Like Like x 5
  11. ILied

ILied Active Member

The surprise is at Railfest and it would render the Roadmap obsolete almost immediately.

Clinchfield releasing wouldn’t be a surprise in that sense, as all it means is that it would have been in “Next arrival” instead of upcoming. Not really the surprise he was telling us about …

I get the feeling there is going to be a big shiny announcement of some description, otherwise they wouldn’t be waiting until RailFest to announce it.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Okay, let's do the calendar:

March 23, roadmap. Arosa is "next arrival" while Clinchfield and Hamburg-Lubeck are "upcoming."
    March 25, Arosa releases
    April 1, Clinchfield release date announced
    April 6, roadmap. Clinchfield presumably under "next arrivals," Hamburg-Lubeck still "upcoming"
    April 8, Clinchfield launches
    April 10-11, Railfest

Remember, "next arrivals" is for things which Sam expects to come out before the next roadmap, that is within the ensuing two weeks. I don't see that anything out of the ordinary is going on, nor why Railfest "would render the Roadmap obsolete." Plainly DTG have a surprise in store, which they at least think is big; but the last "big surprise" was steam, which announced something for the indefinite future, not the near term.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ILied

ILied Active Member

Roadmap is April 13th!

14. solicitr

That would be 3 weeks since the last one. Has it been delayed for some reason?

15. ILied

ILied Active Member

Yes because of a surprise coming at RailFest which renders the roadmap obsolete almost immediately, so Sam is trying to not disappoint us!

16. solicitr

Again, if it's something which won't be released for months, it won't affect the roadmap at all. It could just be something like a TSW2.1 next fall, upgraded to Unreal 4.26 (and maybe DX12?). Or "We talked BNSF into selling us a license." Or "Prince William plays TSW2 so we can put the Royal Arms on our product."

• Like Like x 2
  17. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

I hope the surprise is a North American passenger route. We haven't had one since the summer of 2019. We are long past due, especially considering we are getting another US freight route next week despite the last one only being a year ago plus the remaster of Sandpatch. I'll be getting Clinchfield only because of the unique timetable operations, as well as to support and encourage DTG going out of their way to do US routes and pull them more out of their European comfort zone, but for the most part, I hate freight as most TSW freight is either shunting at an ungodly slow speed, or simply going A to B with no stops to pay attention to. I can notch 8 a train in CSX and walk away to fix something to eat, finish it, and come back without anything of note happening. I loved PC and can't wait for something else in that vein.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. solicitr

US freight route? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

If u watch spursreading96 on YouTube, he has a video of an in depth analysis of the possibility of Amtrak and NJ transit coming to TSW, I mean, they’re the only American railroads on rail fest, as there’s no other ones, southeastern is already in game, and the only railroad that’s left is OBB, but that’s a different story. Anyways, it might be possible that one of those routes (or both) would be announced at either rail fest or that surprise DTG is talking about, since the original NEC didn’t make it to TSW2, it makes sense that they would make a similar route, with the possibility of either an NJ transit route releasing alongside, or separated, or a loco DLC including an NJ transit loco and passenger cars for this Amtrak route.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Michael Newbury

Would love to see another Canadian route in TSW2

• Like Like x 4
  21. solicitr

Especially since during the last Roadmap stream Sam said, in effect, "I can't say that we're doing an Amtrak route, except we are, but I can't say it."

• Like Like x 3
  22. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

He really did?

23. solicitr

Pretty much.

24. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

He talked about how they choose routes based on what they haven't done recently, and he used US passenger routes as a example. He also mentioned how he had told the higher ups that a US passenger route would be a good idea right about now, and said something along the lines of "I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm pretty sure they got the hint." So he didn't mention anything about Amtrak specifically, but he was pretty clearly was alluding to a upcoming passenger route being a thing in the near future. And if they're doing a US passenger route Amtrak seems like the no brainer choice given that they're the most requested, and they have a good relation with them already, as shown with Railfest.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Intruiging!

I had assumed they'd port over the DC-Baltimore section from TS20XX, but NJT is much more interesting IMO.

Amtrak/NJT from NYP to Philly 30th St (91 miles) would be my dream, but Newark (81 miles) or Metropark (67 miles) as the northern endpoint would probably be more realistic, though you'd lose running Keystone Service by starting at Metropark.

NYP to Trenton would be the most likely IMO at 58 miles, avoiding SEPTA licensing, and heavy focus on NJT.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Michael Newbury

Sounds like his tiny hinting way of saying that it may it will be coming, but than again cannot say anything official as it is not on the roadmap.

27. MetrolinkF125#916

Yep, an Amtrak-NJ transit line would be fantastic, it would really attract new players to the game as well. Either they’d do two separate routes or one route with both railroads combined, with NJ transit looking like a possible loco dlc for an Amtrak route. The latter would spice up the timetable, so it might be the better option. Add in the possibility of CSX freight using SPG locomotives and dlc and we got a very good package!

• Like Like x 3
  28. MetrolinkF125#916

Please let it be Amtrak and NJ transit, please let it be Amtrak and NJ transit...

*and please have it include the Acela and P42DC:)

• Like Like x 2
  29. ILied

ILied Active Member

We have no idea what it could be, although what is intriguing is the effect it has on the roadmap. We have a week left to go.

I wonder if we might get more information on Tuesday when we get the schedule for the week.

30. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

This has been on the Dovetail website for a few days now, I'm surprised no one has commented yet:

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/railfan-fest-2021-announced

"Scheduled to be held on the 10th - 11th April 2021 from 5 – 11pm BST, watch Railfan Fest online and join railfans from around the world. As part of the event you'll be able to see exclusive interviews with the Train Sim World 2 team, as we go behind the scenes on route building and loco creation. There will also be a live update from the Railfan TV team to talk about some of the exciting releases coming to Train Sim World 2 this year.

• Like Like x 3
  31. ILied

ILied Active Member

I suspect this is what Sam is talking about. Although Sam is rightly not giving us any hints and wants us to wait for the announcement.

32. solicitr

He has hinted over the last 2 or 3 Roadmap streams that DTG were finalizing their list of DLCs for the coming year (6 routes, plus locos), and he was itching to reveal them to us "soon."

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  33. space_ace96

I loved North Jersey Coast in TS Classic. It has NJT and Amtrak possibilities, EMU, electric loco, and diesel loco opportunities including a power changeover, and loads of loco DLC opportunities. I've also heard that MBTA expressed interest in being in TSW, but I feel like until COVID is over, DTG is going to stick pretty close to stuff they've already modelled. If they put as much love into a new NEC/NJT or other US passenger route as Clinchfield seems to have, I will be very happy this year. Hopefully Clinchfield sells well in comparison to other DLC so DTG gets the message that taking the time to ensure quality is profitable.

• Like Like x 4
  34. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Could be true, but the first route we've seen of the bunch is a Scottish route that's not in TS Classic, and not one that's particularly famous judging by the responses to its announcement, so probably needs more digging done on it than other routes. I'm sure there will be a few repeats from TS Classic, they've been apart of TSW since the beginning, but I think we'll see a fair number of brand new ones as well.

35. space_ace96

That is true, but DTG has gotten licensing from Scotrail before and on several occasions. Plus Scotland is not far from them so pretty much anything UK is on the table. Few things are impossible, but unless they are about to reveal a whole new license, my money is on NJT or Metro-North with Amtrak crossover, even if it's a route within those railroads they've never done before. Amtrak is too heavily in demand to pass up on entirely, and most Amtrak routes outside of NEC are too long with too much distance between stops to be viable in TSW. Amtrak California is an exception, but some of those lines share traffic with unlicensed railroads and/or are on track owned by another railroad. Regardless, whatever it is, 2021 could be shaping up to be a nice year for the US in TSW. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the UK/Germany content, but it'll be nice to have something close to home.

• Like Like x 2
  36. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

May I add how awesome this event will be! As for Clinchfield I’m very excited! They seem to be keeping with announcing a date two weeks in advance!

37. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Chicago is a good location for an Amtrak route outside time NEC as a good amount of trains depart from there, either the local Amtrak Midwestern, or part of a longer distance service.
    For example, Norfolk Southerns Chicago Line hosts at least 5 different Amtrak trains on it.

Also the Amtrak California train with the best success would be the Capitol Corridor, as they run only on Union Pacific lines (And UP have a good relationship with DTG)

• Like Like x 6
  38. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I expect the optimization to be completed the most. Then perhaps the layers will return to the HMA on the consoles. That would be a pleasant surprise for me.

39. space_ace96

As you might notice from my profile pic, Chicago IS my underdog favorite, however I'm not sure how appropriate it would be as an Amtrak route as opposed to a Metra route with Amtrak included or as DLC. Union Station is not at all complete without Metra which comprises most of its traffic, and the only Metra route in TS Classic was unable to secure a license (though it was third party). Far as I'm aware, most of the Chicago based Amtrak routes have their first stops 40+ miles away from the city center, which is getting close to the max for a non-high-speed heavily urban/suburban route for TSW2. The only exception I know of is the CN trackage used by the Amtrak Midwest/IDOT Illini and Saluki trains downstate and the Spirit of New Orleans, which stops in Homewood about 25 miles south of the city then not again until Kankakee 60-70 miles outside of the city. The other southbound regional goes non-stop to Joliet after leaving Chicago almost 50 miles away. Westbound, nonstop to Naperville, about 40 miles. Either way, there would only likely be Union Station and one small stop. Without Metra, it wouldn't really satisfy the passenger itch people have.

40. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

There's also the Hiawatha service, which has 5 stops between downtown Chicago and downtown Milwaukee. First stop is Glenview, about 22 miles from Chicago. A bit long, maybe, about 80+ miles for the entire route.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  41. MetrolinkF125#916

Very interesting, no wonder there’s no roadmap this upcoming week. Hopefully we get some more US content announced, as we haven’t had a US passenger route since the Peninsula Corridor. Of course there will be the occasional British commuter route complete with electrostars and networkers, and the occasional German high speed ICE line with some loco hauled services, but a lot of people would really want to see more American dlc to balance the amount of dlc each region of the world gets, so hopefully there is a focus on US rail, especially Amtrak and other commuter railroads.

• Like Like x 1
  42. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Warspite

Warspite Well-Known Member

So would I. Considering Canada's significant railway heritage, I'm disappointed that Oakville is the only Canadian TSW2 route available.

I would even be happy with some enhancements to Oakville which in real life sees a lot of main line freight action together with an intensive GO passenger service.

• Like Like x 4
  44. MetrolinkF125#916

45. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I wonder what that is.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I would assume these could be the next routes being produced, but not 100% sure

• Like Like x 1
  47. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Or maybe just another TSW 3 :)

• Like Like x 2
  48. MetrolinkF125#916

Ah yes, a modified journey system, complete with routes to complete those journeys:)

• Like Like x 1
  49. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

If it's a combination of Amtrak and NJT, then I'd say it's 100 % NY Penn - Trenton. A shared busy route, possibility of ACS-64 return, even Acela has 4 stops on this stretch and the length is pretty much same as LGV. Making the Coast Line would render the Amtrak part too short and adding it to this would make the whole thing insanely big (I wouldn't mind).

It would also be great if there was an option of connecting this to the LIRR - the trains and services wouldn't influence each other much, but it would create a cool network with a busy Penn Station in the middle serving 3 different providers at once. All that without damaging the LIRR timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  50. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

What are the improvements to LIRR?