Being Able To Pre-order Some Locomotives, Activities & More In The Future

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gustavo - The RailWorker, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

Yeah, I had this small idea in one night I want to share with all the train drivers of train sim world because being able to pre-order will make it easier to get the activities and locomotives not all the time we have enough money to buy what we want that's my case I don't have always money to buy what I want but sometimes I just have so why not make a pre-order feature being available in the store.

I hope it's not a bad idea and you enjoyed reading my thread.

keep playing train sim world and socializing in the threads.

by Gustavo - The RailWorker

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused with what you mean you can pre order on steam but only once they put the add on up on the store which is when it's at its final stage. For consoles theres no ability I think for them to make add ons being able to pre order. They have to be on final release and development is flexible

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I thought at first OP was referring to a Kickstarter type arrangement to fund less obvious choices.
    But I think they actually mean some sort of pre-payment or savings scheme on Steam.
    Well, firstly that's not up to DTG - it's a Steam thing. Secondly you can do that already - just buy a Steam voucher from the shop or supermarket when you're flush, apply it to your account and leave the funds lying until ready to spend them.

4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Yeah could do what oldvern says just buy some gift cards or whatever credit you have depending what game store you use and that will solve your problem

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I personally don't pre order games anymore. When you pre order, companies like dtg will release a product that can be buggy and not be a good day one experience.

6. Me with a train

Me with a train Active Member

Knightfire1964 i believe NTP was a pre order discount when it came out on PS4 and possibly Xbox as well. All I can remember is seeing it, buying it because it looked brilliant, and then not seeing it in my downloads until a few days later.

7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I've been doing this very thing for years. I also ask Santa and other close friends and relatives to give me Steam cards for Christmas and birthdays.:)
    Can't remember the last time I actually "paid" for a dlc.

8. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

I'm really sorry for this bad Thread, I can see it's not that good.

But something I want to say - Thanks for all that came to my thread.
    By Gustavo - The RailWorker

9. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

This is not entirely true. I think it depends on how much pressure the developer is pushing. I've pre-ordered Sims4 DLC a couple of times. A big publisher like EA can probably put more pressure on Microsoft / Xbox or Sony than Dovetail