PlayStation Rant - Sorry It Has To Happen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamesj015, Apr 5, 2021.

1. jamesj015

jamesj015 New Member

I am honestly getting sick and tired to my teeth of launching TSW on Playstation and trying to go onto a timetable ride only to be put into INTRODUCTION EVERY TIME!

REMOVE IT
    Its getting on my nerves, its every time i open the game. I am at the point of unistalling this game. I have to keep going back to the menu to do a timetable run. I have already completed the introduction numerous times and have the achievements for it

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Did you turn off Auto-load Journeys in the settings?

• Like Like x 3
  3. jamesj015

jamesj015 New Member

Yeah

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Why don't you just complete the introduction? They take only a few minutes to get done.....

Auto Journeys has no effect on the automatic loading of a route that doesn't have the intro scenario done.

• Like Like x 3
  5. jamesj015

jamesj015 New Member

I have done them all though. It even saysa when i go back to Main Menu. Training 3/3

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

That's strange, they shouldn't be loading if they are already done.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. jamesj015

jamesj015 New Member

I know, thats why its fustrating me

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil78

Phil78 Active Member

I've done the intros too, but I keep getting dropped back into them on loading a route up. I find that it seems to be on the later TSW routes and all the TSW2 routes. Most, if not all of the earliest TSW releases seem to behave as they should. For example, I play NTP and TSV a lot. NTP will play ball when I load it up, but TSV will sting me with a tutorial every time.
    I don't find it to be of a game uninstalling rage quit level of frustration though. Pressing the options button and returning to main menu takes all of 10 seconds, so when the unwanted tutorial loads up, it's never going to induce a full on CAPS LOCK ENGAGED levels of anger and frustration for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I can't say I've ever come across this problem on ps4, is it a common fault for everyone?

• Like Like x 1
  10. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

This is definitely unusual behavior and sounds like a bug. It shouldn't be happening. If you want, this could probably be put under the technical forums, or have a support ticket filed so they can take a look at it.

My personal guess is that there might be some miscommunication going on between Journey and Timetable modes. I've noticed that when I do a service under timetable mode, it might look like (to the player) that it's also been completed under journey mode, but journey mode doesn't register it as being completed. They're two separate things. I figure that if this happens for services, they might possibly happen to tutorials as well.
    If you want to troubleshoot it yourself, you can try launching the tutorial via journey mode, and then try doing to do it again under the training section.
    Or you can skip journey mode all together (as I've personally done). You shouldn't be dropped into a tutorial or introduction every time you launch a route.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I have just run TSW2 and have found that each route is set to auto load the next scenario to play instead of letting you choose! You have to go into settings on each Module and set it to "Off" on "Auto Load". About the 4th option up from the bottom. Also do not forget to "Apply" the setting on each module (I forgot!). I would have personally preferred the TSW2020 approach on this, that you choose what you wanted to load next, instead of having to spend time changing this on each menu of each module!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Weird, i remember this being a global option, not one you need to set for each route. Also never experienced OP's bug- would be super annoying though!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Same. When I turned off auto load once it worked for all routes. Also never saw OPs problem but I have had intros and other journeys not count (no ✔️) even though I completed in journey mode.

Shot in the dark, but I would suggest completing intro yet again, but by choosing it from the list instead of when it self loads.

• Like Like x 1
  14. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’m just glad I’m not the only one who is prone to the odd rant with regards to this game ;) But yeah very annoying getting a tutorial when you’ve already done it.

15. Gav

Gav Active Member

This exact issue has happened to me in the past, it was so annoying and beyond frustrating, but one day it just went away randomly. And there was no update that particular day either. Its so random.

16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I've never had this bug. Perhaps it could be a save data issue? You could try deleting your save data (make sure to back it up first!) and see if it's a problem on your new save file.