Ts18: Unlock A New Perspective…

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Apr 12, 2018.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]
    …of the West Coast Main Line today, with the Pro Range fidelity of the Virgin Trains BR Class 390 ‘Pendolino’, available now for Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 4
  2. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Woohoo. Delicious. Can’t wait to try the improved version.

3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Do people who already own the old Pendolino get any kind of discount, or do we still have to pay full price?

4. rare_common_sense

Discount is @ 30%, chief. If bought as a bundle via the CMC (Complete my collection).

5. John Murphy

Meh, I'll just wait and see if it goes on sale sometime in the future if that's the case.

6. rare_common_sense

In other words, I had the original one. And only paid 13.99 for it. I’m not complaining.

7. rare_common_sense

Even if it does it’ll only be a couple bucks less. Not likely they’ll do a 50-60% discount on it anytime soon.

8. rare_common_sense

I can think of a few loco dlc’s that could use the same treatement. Both American and UK. And I’d pay for it again. Providing they give loyalty discounts.

9. John Murphy

I'll still wait. I mean yeah there are changes, but since I already own the old Pendolino, I don't think I should have to pay full or near-full price for this. I just personally don't think it's worth it. I will get it eventually though. I really like the job they did with the APT, so I'm interested to see what this one is like.

10. rare_common_sense

But you wouldn't be paying full price if you already own the older version, it will be 13.99 vs 19.99, which is kinda nowhere near full price.

11. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

Hello,

Purchased yesterday however it's virtually unusable here due to FPS issues (I'll detail more below). Things I like are nice cab, I like the DSD/DVD alerts, TASS although limited and the physics appear to be spot on. Unit outside looks nice. Things I don't like are listed below -

A few findings below -

Coupling causes temp dump when attempting to attach to other locos.
    In passenger view, the sound is virtually silent.
    11 car variants have three, not two pantographs.... three.
    Windows appear to be totally black instead of tinted black.

Worst of all (and this is what makes the Class 390 Virgin unusable) -

FPS are shocking throughout. This is visible on the included scenarios (how did you not pick this up?)
    I used RWTools to swap over some stock from an old scenario of mine (Old 390 with new Virgin 390), previously the FPS on Trent Valley were around 30-35FPS but now it won't move about 15FPS and the scenario is now super laggy.

I think once the FPS issue is addressed I'll be mostly pleased but until then, I don't recommend it to anyone who wants any realistic scenarios with more than a few pendo's running.

Johnny

• Like Like x 1
  12. rare_common_sense

I like the improved version. I do however experience FPS issues as well. Could be the poly count which usually is the culprit. I know this was very much the case with the Kawasaki M8’s for a good while until it was sorted much later in the year it was released. Hopefully this will be fixed a lot sooner.

My gripe with the older version was the fact that in certain scenarios, or just them in general, the loco would separate itself. Yet still follow behind as if it were still connected. The main reason I didn’t use it as much. And glad to see this isn’t the case with the new one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thegevo5k

thegevo5k Member

I'm experiencing some really bad FPS as well, almost to the point of unusable. :(

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Don't know how the mistake with Coach U has slipped thru.

I can understand errors when you are recreating something where you might only have pictures to refer to but to get something wrong on a train that can be seen on a daily basis anywhere between London Euston and Glasgow/Edinburgh is surprising and disappointing.

Still you have saved me £10.49

Peter