Guard Mode For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, Apr 6, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hi, I Was thinking maybe a guard mode would fit in and its some peoples cup of tea and it includes my opinion.
    So i think that could select it ON and OFF When selecting a Journey, timetable & Scenario Planner.
    for when your driving a train, and its on AI Trains aswell and when you select GUARD MODE it also puts guards on all AI Trains
    The guards job is to ensure passenger safety and to check tickets
    so ingame the targets would be CHECK TICKETS and CHECK PLATFORM IS CLEAR, PRESS GUARD BUZZER, CLOSE DOOR AND CHECK PLATFORM,.

• Like Like x 9
  2. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

It is something that would be interesting

• Like Like x 1
  3. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

How would the ticket checking work? The ‘people’ in TSW are pretty simple. Upgrading them to offer tickets would suggest a pretty big change. What is the difference between having the guard role on the game player train and the AI trains? Again upgrading AI trains to have full interiors would likely be an issue. When does the game end when you are in an AI train?

Again the poll is flawed. Answering yes or no to ‘do you agree or disagree makes no sense.. Is it still April Fools Day?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

Quick thing ai trains have full interiors and I think he means we can be guards on ai trains
    Ai when they spawn in have a train they will get on and where they get off so its just putting that on a ticket model

5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I agree with this suggestion. I would love to see a Guard/Conductor mode come to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

A Ticket Checking Mode should be easy, if you have watched or played Bus Simulator 2018 than you should know how they did it and it wouldn't steal as much performance and would be fun

• Like Like x 1
  7. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

drnicktgm#1259 having watched as much of a video (16 minutes on collecting tickets!) as I can tolerate you seem to be skipping over that those passengers on the bus route seem to be a lot more sophisticated than those in TSW. Would not steal as much performance as? Personally while a few might want this I personally believe it will alienate more of the TSW base if the game goes in this direction. Even the concept of ‘ensuring passenger safety’ is a bit vague. How does that work? Are the passengers loading and unloading at station stops going to be programmed to challenge the guards ‘skills’ in opening and closing doors? Before the argument comes in that you can switch it off it is still going to take development time from the game and add to the resource need when running. What would you rather DTG do? Build new routes, add new rolling stock and genres or go down this route? Perhaps we need a catering trolley on the BR Blue services to sell fruit cake and tea? Perhaps the First Class passengers should have more expensive shoes? Perhaps the ticket collector needs the right regional accent for the route?

8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I like this suggestion.

9. trainsimplayer

Also djhawtin1 I'm not nagging here, but you should probably fix the polls, Having "Agree/Disagree" as the poll but 'yes/no' doesn't make sense, I think the question should be "do you like (or) do you agree with this suggestion" yes/no. Just a tip. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’d say there is no need for a poll at all. If people like a suggestion they can click ‘like’ to show their support. The suggestion then takes the headline spot in thread, not the poll.

• Like Like x 2
  11. trainsimplayer

That's true too.

• Like Like x 1