Looking To Trade: Accidentally Bought Caltrain Mp15dc Diesel Switcher Loco Add-on For Tsw1, Not Tws2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mike.duncan, Apr 7, 2021.

1. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

I'll say up front that I bought it on sale for $11.99, not regular price, I'd like to trade for nearly anything for TSW2 (I just started playing so I only have a few DLC. It doesn't have to be a $12 dlc, I would just like to get something out of the purchase. If I don't get any message from people interested in trading for it, I'll just give it away free, so at least someone can enjoy it. Thanks for reading.

Mike

2. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I maybe wrong but I don't think you can "Trade" DLC

3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I don't think you can trade DLC, either. Your options here are:
    1. Refund the DLC (simplest). If you bought it on Dovetail's store, you'll need to contact them about how to do this. On Steam it is much simpler.
    2. Buy the TSW2020 package which will unlock the TSW2 version of the MP15DC automatically.
    If you're frugal with money I would recommend the first option. But personally, given the lucrative price of TSW2020 on sale, I would go for the latter which nets you four routes.

Cheers

4. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

You know that stuff from TSW 1 is transferred to TSW 2 right ? So if you got it for TSW 1 than you should have it in TSW 2 too. Many users are buying TSW 1 stuff as its sometimes cheaper and they will have 2 versions (TSW 1 and 2) while buying for TSW 2 will give you only TSW 2 version and not the older one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Just a matter of giving someone the code, or gifting it via Steam. I don't have this activated on Steam, because fortunately Steam gave an error message that I don't have the main game that it requires.

6. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Unfortunately I cannot get a refund because I purchased other DLC on the same order, and if any of the Steam codes from an order are activated, you cannot get a refund on anything else on that order.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Just like the others said, get the TSW2020 pack on sale. This will give you 4 routes and activate these 4 routes plus your mp15dc dlc in Tsw2 for free.

8. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Okay, y'all have convinced me. Thank you for the info guys.

9. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

mike.duncan if you really want to refund it you will be able to refund that one thing, I've done that before. Its a manual process of contacting Steam but they will do it. It takes about a week though.

10. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

The info I gave is directly for the DTG FAQ

11. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Did you buy it from DTG Store or Steam Store?

12. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

It´s part of the preserved collection. As soon as you own Peninsula Corridor route (or any pack including that route for TSW1 or TSW2) the shunter will be also available for TSW2, as Peninsula Corridor is also preserved content.

Cheers

13. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Actually Peninsula comes with the TWS2 collectors edition that I purchased, but the error I received when trying to register the code, it said that it couldn't do so because I don't own the main game (TSW/2020)

14. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

So you got peninsular corridor with TSW2, but bought the MP15DC for TSW2020 ? If this is the case then I’d just get the loco refunded , and buy it again in TSW2. If you don’t own TSW2020 then don’t buy any DLC on it , always make sure you purchase it for TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  15. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

As I said earlier, I was convinced to buy TSW2020, since the majority or the current DLC is from the Preserved Collections, meaning I can buy the old DLC for cheaper and still have it work for TSW2

16. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

You can buy TSW2020 DLC if you own the game, otherwise they will never work...

17. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member