Db Br 101

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by elaineedwards2013, Apr 7, 2021.

1. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

As we all know, the DB BR 101 is an upcoming locomotive add-on for Train Sim World 2’s Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr route, and still is in production on the Roadmap. I have been wondering what trains it would pull on the route, when it comes out in the future.

Also, do you think we will be able to use it on other routes too, e.g. Schnellfahrstrecke Köln and Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg?

2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

IC first and second class coaches

Can't confirm that. Probably not. Especially not HMA as there is no cab car.

3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I hope not considering they don't run there,yes there is IC services at Koln but they don't run on Koln-Aachen AFAIK
    You would need the cab car for that,DTG probably would put the 101 as top & tail (101 on the front & 101 replacing the steurwagon on the back)

I'm not 100% sure on this but the ICs run on RRO,HMA,HRR & Hamburg Lubeck (But I think there is only 3 or 4 IC services on HBL irl)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  4. elaineedwards2013

Ok I understand. It is just though it would nice to drive it at its top speed of 220kph, and not always at 160kph on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. matinakbary

Firstly: 200, as the coaches are restricted to 200. And second: You can, with scenario planner. It's not the best solution, but it is what we have right now.

6. elaineedwards2013

Ok, 200kph is a perfect speed for the DB BR101. That’s ok.

• Like Like x 2
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

It must be added because all of the West German Network in game have DB BR101 Intercity services in real life that also includes Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden where the DB BR101 Intercity uses the Aschaffenburg Lohr section to join the HSR to Würzburg like the ICE DB BR403 line 42 HRR Bochum down to Munich Hbf via Aschaffenburg & Würzburg

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold my breath for the 101 being a timetable layer on any routes aside from its "home" of HRR, and perhaps Hamburg Lubeck. So far, at least, DTG have never layered a new loco into a pre-existing route.

(There is a practical reason for this: adding a new train to an existing route could well require rebuilding the entire timetable from scratch, and that in turn would screw up the scenarios, etc etc etc. This of course isn't an issue if the new loco is merely a substitution; but currently there are no ICs of any sort that the 101 could substitute for)

9. matinakbary

Correct, but - and this 'but' is a new 'but' since the last RM-stream - it could be solved in the way they will implement the new RT-Timetable: As an alternative timetable. I hope Adam and his Team try this for example with RRO where ICE's and (i think) IC's run in real life. Maybe we'll see this one day. There is no technical reason to not do this.

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

True, but it's a half-measure and not really satisfactory. Instead of getting the full crowded experience with F-Zug and S-Bahn and Regio and freight all running, we only can choose a subset.